Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really? The poster was infracted for tha? If he/she had said a much more objectionable thing like "free speech rarely does anything good" there would be no infraction. This reverence to ancient myths concocted by ignorant figures of the past is fucking stupid. So is Islam and most other religions. Criticizing ideas (Islam) should not be grounds for infractions but hey what do I know I'm just a bugoted shitlord who doesn't know how to respect sky people.

"I don't like your opinion and characterization of my sacred cow so here's a demerit!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Well, it is Endus.

Remember, its ok to criticize as long as you're "punching up". You get a shielf if youre part of a appointed protected class.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cute Anarchist View Post
    Same was true for Afghanistan.

Quite certian some documentaries explain that the whole Islamic revolution happened because the USA and Saudi Arabia climbed in bed with eachother (USA being on the bottom).
    documentaries aren't the best sources.

I'm sure shit was going to shit regardless given Soviet expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Really? The poster was infracted for tha? If he/she had said a much more objectionable thing like "free speech rarely does anything good" there would be no infraction. This reverence to ancient myths concocted by ignorant figures of the past is fucking stupid. So is Islam and most other religions. Criticizing ideas (Islam) should not be grounds for infractions but hey what do I know I'm just a bugoted shitlord who doesn't know how to respect sky people.

"I don't like your opinion and characterization of my sacred cow so here's a demerit!"

- - - Updated - - -

Remember, its ok to criticize as long as you're "punching up". You get a shielf if youre part of a appointed protected class.
    Idk,

I like seeing infractions towards people using their confirmation bias to bash religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    documentaries aren't the best sources.

I'm sure shit was going to shit regardless given Soviet expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Idk,

I like seeing infractions towards people using their confirmation bias to bash religion.
    Point is, he could have a stupid opinion about something I find important, like free expression, and I would never say he should be infracted because he harshly criticized it. Its also annoying how religion is elevated above other concepts and ideas for reasons unknown to me. They should be subject to just as much riticism as anything else and not given a shield.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The American government started sticking their fingers in the Middle East's pie so far back as the 40's and 50's. Heck, elected prime minister Mohammad Mosaddegh was deposed in 1953 by an Anglo-Soviet coup d'etat lead by the Americans, only two years after he was elected. The man pretty much was the guy who brought the oil industry to Iran, creating an actual economy in the process. Of course like the greedy pigs they are, the Americans deposed him and put in a puppet, the Shah who wound up being so bad as a leader that when the Ayatollah returned from his 14 year exile in 1979 after the start of the Islamic Revolution, he forced a theocratic constitution upon the people in a referendum in December of that year.
    Calls Americans greedy pigs, remains untouched.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Islam rarely do something good.

[Infracted]
    Says that Islam rarely does anything good, gets infracted after 6 minutes.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    nice...This gets infracted, but the earlier, multiple reported comment about Americans being greedy pigs is left wide open.
    Its outright blatant, pretty disgraceful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    It is sad to see one of the many fruits of Western intervention. The UK and US done fucked it up and have really no one to blame but themselves for causing Iran to devolve into a hardcore muslim theocracy.

And who caused all this shit in the first place? Khomeini's revolution would not have been a thing if the West did not overthrow a legitimate government and install a puppet one.
    Oh, absolutely.

And the governing powers of the West at the time (not naming names, but you know who they are) used religion as THEIR excuse for their imperialism and greed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Calls Americans greedy pigs, remains untouched.

Says that Islam rarely does anything good, gets infracted after 6 minutes.
    If you can't differentiate between the two, then maybe it's time for you to step away from the computer. Take a deep breath, maybe go for a walk - I think if you really reflect on it, you can figure out why only one gets infracted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Oh, absolutely.

And the governing powers of the West at the time (not naming names, but you know who they are) used religion as THEIR excuse for their imperialism and greed.
    Really, you're afraid to name a Western country that you are criticizing? If you are at all familiar with Endus you would know he will give you a gold star for being edgy and infract you if you criticize Islam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the thread's been derailed into complaining about moderation, I'm going to lock it.

If you have complaints about moderation, the proper channel is to PM a global moderator with your concerns.