Help 2nd guild or let them be?

I'm in a RL work friend's (dont know him super well, we just worked together for a year) guild on this character and levelled to get Alliance achieves and achieves for dungeons I've missed. When they see my 635 profile/gear they automatically write me off on any advice or tips I've tried to give as theyre all 680 in Heroic BRF, but been stuck on 6/10 Heroic for awhile. They've also been stuck on 7/10N BRF, so the harder fights like BF, BH and maidens they struggle.

Yet my main on horde I'm ret/prot pally main and just main swapped to warlock, both in 6/10 mythic and am one of the log analysts in my main guild for issues and potential recruits. I dont want to just play the progression card to make them think I'm trying to show off, or tell them how to run their guild/raids.

I do want to help and have asked their GM, both RLs and my friend if they'd be open to some feedback. They all said sure, and I just gave them 2 very basic tips to start: all 3 of their warriors, 1 main tank & 2 DPS, NOT taking or using vigilance but mass spell reflect instead which does very little in raids while missing a major external CD; or their holy pally not using double beacon to heal.

Yet they run a 2 tank, 6 DPS, 4 healer comp = healer heavy so they think they're doing fine when they are very inefficient and healer heavy. Browsing logs I see some major ability usage error - like their main tank using heroic strike 260 times vs 33 revenge, no shield block or shield barrier usage. Their healer heavy comp covers up this issue in tanking and thinking that they are not needing my 2 suggestions above either, therefore they don't think I know what I'm talking about.

Should I keep trying to help them, try to get them to listen or just be ignorant and let them struggle?

If they want help they'll ask.

I'd say show them the logs, show them the lack of defensive CD usage. That's something even an idiot should know is wrong and it's super simple to prove via the logs (ie, no ambiguity), so if they're still reluctant to listen then they obviously aren't interested in being helped.

Ya can lead a horse to water but you can't make shitty wow players good just do your thing and let that guild inevitably implode in 3 weeks

Some people just can't be helped. Don't stress over it. Let them be. If they complain they are struggling then offer your help. Give them your input and let it be. Don't try to fix something that isn't fixable lol.

All the above, maybe give them your horde toons name too so they can look it up and see that you aren't just running your mouth. They would then see that any advice you offer would be a boon. Unfortunately most just see what you're currently on and think that's the only skill you have. I have that problem in PuGs as most look up the character I'm trying to play as and see little to no experience and think I wouldn't be a help to them. I'm not a very skilled progression raider but I know the fights and when the few lucky PuGs I get in fail its not because of me. Unfortunately I don't keep charts and such where I could advertise my said skills. Its really up to you and them though. I mean if they just blow you off, oh well, watch them continue to fail and laugh knowing you got them beat. Anybody that is a good player would truly take help or advice in anything that would help them progress, unfortunately to many get butt-hurt when you do. The whole "you can't tell me what to do....." stupid stuff when if you're failing and people are offering a way to help you succeed put your pride on the back burner and accept it.

I was in a situation like that, but i didnt give them advice instead i waited until they asked me for pointers on boss strats or how they could deal with specific boss mechanics, because not every guild wants to or have the skills to raid mythic, for these guilds 10/10 heroic or maybe even 10/10 normal and some heroic kill before 6.2 is their goal. So it may take some time for them to actually seek advice from other people
    Last edited by nephzor; 2015-04-27 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    If they don't want the help then leave them to it; you made the offer. Trying to force your advice on others doesn't work out any better in a guild than it does on a forum.

Deleted
    Ok personally a guild who takes that kind of a setup will prolly not care that much about wrong use of abilitys. Or rather optimizing what you got.
    They might be intrested in tactic kind of things, but thats just something you gotta try to see if that works.
    If they dont listen to it, then let them be and play how they think is right.
    In the end it's about fun, and if that makes it fun for them then so be it

What Thete said. IF these people wanted to improve they would. The internet is flooded with resources on how not to be a shitter when it comes to raiding yet they still are. I've got plenty of friends in guilds like that (or even worse), they still have lots of fun even though they are 1/10HC.

I'd say show them the logs, show them the lack of defensive CD usage.
    Last edited by halzhirou; 2015-04-28 at 07:40 AM.