Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Maybe they're professionals.

Made my day ty

OT: Okay, so many options as to what to do...

Option A: I personally like to get a sheet of tin and borrow a couple of skeletons from a science class, and arrange the skeli's in the missionary position (other positions if you know they're religious for extra annoyance) on the sheet of tin. Next drill into the ceiling and install eyelets and drill holes in the sheet metal at all four corners and 2 along the sides. Attach pulleys to the eyelets you've installed to the ceiling, and run cable through them and anchor if firmly to the sheet of tin, and hoist the whole works up next to the ceiling.
    You LARP'ers are gonna love the next part
    Work the pulleys while doing your best 'skeletons getting off' voices.
    With some practice and a little bit of luck it should sound like skeletons fucking on a tin roof.
    50% of the time, it works every time

Option B: buy a decent quality room mic, maybe a condenser style, and put it up really close to the ceiling, preferably right in the epicenter of the highest noise area on average. Later, set up a step ladder and duct tape your speakers to the top 'no step' area facing upwards. (tape prevents the speaker from vibrating off the step ladder and it should also be noted that this works better with medium to large speakers, don't even bother with small computer speakers)
    Hopefully you are using some sort of audio player that allows you to loop your recorded neighbour noises.
    Press play, ensure sufficient volume so as to annoy, and leave the house for the weekend.

Good luck
    Last edited by Bigbamboozal; 2015-04-28 at 12:16 AM.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Canada always complains about the US.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    What's the 'renting' is it renting or not, what with the quotation marks?

Have you considered maybe you keep them up stay up that late? Your hours are pretty abnormal, I don't see much sympathy.
    We walk lightly, (we are both under 120lbs), and we are not loud. No loud TV, no dogs, no loud music. We're basically 80 year olds in 30 year old bodies. 90% of the people here own, so while we do rent, its with permission of strata. Our landlords wish to sell, but are unable to do so. Our lease can be terminated by strata if so desired. We dont hear our neighbors do anything else, but it is honestly like jumping 24/7-- and only getting worse as time goes on (I can feel it in my chest sometimes). I don't control when the restaurant closes, so if you dont mind being kicked out at 10pm (rather than 1:30), we will go to bed sooner. Even then, I am often woken up to jumping at 3am

As it turns out, our neighbour hears the same thing, but she's on the top floor.
    Last edited by Ayla; 2015-04-28 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    We walk lightly, (we are both under 120lbs), and we are not loud. No loud TV, no dogs, no loud music. We're basically 80 year olds in 30 year old bodies. 90% of the people here own, so while we do rent, its with permission of strata. Our landlords wish to sell, but are unable to do so. Our lease can be terminated by strata if so desired. We dont hear our neighbors do anything else, but it is honestly like jumping 24/7-- and only getting worse as time goes on (I can feel it in my chest sometimes). I don't control when the restaurant closes, so if you dont mind being kicked out at 10pm (rather than 1:30), we will go to bed sooner. Even then, I am often woken up to jumping at 3am

As it turns out, our neighbour hears the same thing, but she's on the top floor.
    This takes me back to a small apt I had in north philly. Sounded like this crazy lady was dropping bowling balls. Went up and knocked, talked for a while, she said the same thing "o0o0o0o0 i have no clue deary". Walk back downstairs, BANG BANG BANG! Go back up to see her slamming her front door over and over. Turns out she was unstable, smashing and slamming things just to get attention. When police were called she convinced them she panicked because she thought she smelled gas so they called the fire dept.... 3 different times.
    One day she just vanished and all her shit was being moved out. Guess she got put away or something.

tldr most people are shit, some people are crazy, a few are good. Hope you got the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    edit: As it turns out, I dont think its my upstairs neighbour. She's elderly and works hours that tend to be the worst. Now its a matter of figuring out where the noise comes from.
    It could very well be that there's a person above her, or that she has people who come and check up on her on a regular basis (if she's 'THAT' elderly)

Tell them to stop fucking up your sleep, and read the rules of the appartments you're living in (like if they have rules for noise and specific hours) to see if you can use that as well. If they're still being dickbags, you talk to the landlord.