Poll: The best dad?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Cairne, I think Thrall would be a great father but we really haven't seen much of that aspect of his character.

There are good father figures that aren't included that is Eitrigg and Sen'Jin (though we only know as much as from the Judgement short story), we also don't know what kind of father Thrall is and I don't know much about Magni aswell.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Hm. Hard to say. I like Magni, but he didn't do the greatest job as a dad if you look at how Moira turned out and why she fell in love with Dagran Thaurissan in the first place.

Thrall hasn't been a dad long enough to even be on this list, but I'm sure his son will eventually become the greatest hero in all of Warcraft lore in some way or another, cause we're talking about the son of almighty Go'el here.

Terenas...did an ok job, but his relationship with Arthas wasn't always the greatest. I give him a little slack because it's hard for someone in his position to find time to properly raise a child. Also, Arthas was an adult and responsible for his own actions by the time he did the whole Scourge/Lich King thing, so I'd say Terenas shouldn't have that on his head.

Of this list, I guess I'd go with either Saurfang (raised a son who would've been a good choice for Warchief if he hadn't died at the Wrathgate) or Varian (now that he's calmed down and isn't just an Alliance version of Garrosh).

Cairne also did a decent job. I think Baine turned out ok. He's basically Cairne 2.0.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-05-04 at 04:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    Varian, he lets his son be as fabulous as the boy's young heart desires.
    It's a super-nice way to say that Varian has no problems if Anduin turns out to be gay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It's a super-nice way to say that Varian has no problems if Anduin turns out to be gay?
    No because varian is also gay. And furry, given his relationship with genn (i ship them).

10+ Year Old Account
    Note: Chen isn't a father, he's a uncle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    No because varian is also gay
    If anything this explains everything.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Deleted
    kilroggs father is the best without him his son wouldnt learn and lead his clan to victory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperChamp View Post
    kilroggs father is the best without him his son wouldnt learn and lead his clan to victory
    Or a idiot...I mean is there some rule we don't know about where you can't tell your clan or family the visions you see? I mean hell in the lords of war we see kilrog do just that before killing his dad.

Also the dead eye family in general is a bad figure. Kilrog kills two of his three sons when they try to take reign of the clan and he technically never even did the ceremony for poor Jarod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperChamp View Post
    But he isn't leading them to victory.....

10+ Year Old Account
    But he isn't leading them to victory.....
    Well, surely not now, but he did back then. The Bleeding Hollow shifted from "scared orcs lurking into the jungle" into unrivaled masters of Tanaan under Kilrogg's leadership.

Deleted
    Saurfang went to fight The Lich King just so he could bury his son. He wins.

Terenas was actually a pretty good father to his children. in both Tides of darkness and Arthas rise of the lich king he's extremely supportive. But I voted for chen because the bond between him and Lili is just awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fumper View Post
    Terenas was actually a pretty good father to his children. in both Tides of darkness and Arthas rise of the lich king he's extremely supportive. But I voted for chen because the bond between him and Lili is just awesome.
    Terenas was a dickbutt in regards to Calia.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall has a kid, but he barely sees or does anything with him and I really hope whatsherface never shows up again.
    But in a way, he is the Father of the Horde. So, if he's as good a real father as a metaphorical father, he's good.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    Thrall has a kid, but he barely sees or does anything with him and I really hope whatsherface never shows up again.
    But in a way, he is the Father of the Horde. So, if he's as good a real father as a metaphorical father, he's good.
    If thrall was shown interacting with his son more people would be bitching about the fact he's doing that and its getting in their faces and same old shit. In not showing it the same people will complain that he doesn't spend time with his son or never shown doing so, so he must be a bad father.
    whiners form preconceived bias against characters without realizing they are just whiners.

The line of Stormwind kings would end and everyone on Azeroth would cheer.

No because varian is also gay. And furry, given his relationship with genn (i ship them).
    He's a confused furry, he doesn't know if he's a lion or a wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    He's a confused furry, he doesn't know if he's a lion or a wolf.
    He's kin-fluid, you heteronormative, cisgendered, ciskin, sapionormative privileged scum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    If thrall was shown interacting with his son more people would be bitching about the fact he's doing that and its getting in their faces and same old shit. In not showing it the same people will complain that he doesn't spend time with his son or never shown doing so, so he must be a bad father.
    whiners form preconceived bias against characters without realizing they are just whiners.
    I honestly hope, out of all the loose threads Blizzard leaves in World of Warcraft, Thrall's son is forgotten.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know about best dad, but we can all agree Arthas wins the award for best son.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.