Deleted

Help with Beastlord mythic

Hey guys

Personally I am wondering why my DPS is so low on this fight? I'm 687 ilvl with the 4 set bonus.

Also if anyone have any suggestions to how we could do the fight better, feel welcome to say so.

warcraftlogs. com/reports/DphbagywBn1kZXGj

I've included logs from tonights fights, unfortunately I cannot post straight links yet

Deleted
    I havent looked too indepth but tbh you shouldnt be worrying too much.

You are mostly top 1/2 on the mounts and boss which is what really matters. Unless your tanks are getting wrecked by the pack beasts you dont have to AOE. Doing more ST damage through sub spec will kill the boss faster.

If you want higher numbers play combat and prep for every add wave. Holding red insight if it is close, banking 10 combo points, saving killing spree.

Also your comp has alot of AoE damage so you are all competing to do damage on the adds which really dont have much hp. It isnt worth Aoeing the adds if you are in sub spec. Just use FoK as a builder and tunnel Evis into your target.

If your raid leader is complaining about your low dps just show him boss damage and mount damage.

Yeah, Beastlord is a single target fight disguised as an AoE fight. Keep doing what you're doing.

If you look at this (for example) warcraftlogs.com/reports/DphbagywBn1kZXGj#type=damage-done&target=10 from your last attempt, you can see that you're top on Beastlord himself for the fight. The concern is the number of players pulling 'high' DPS overall, but are very very low on the boss damage done.

Beastlord is a glamour number fight for S.Priests / UH DK / Fire Mage type classes, who can do strong AE damage along with their single target rotation, or to actually increase their single target.

Too many players are padding on the pack beasts to look good on the meters, but not enough actually doing what needs to be done to kill the boss.

Sub is a strong spec for this fight, as you should get Shadow Reflection up for every mount, and another in before Faultline, then hold until he dismounts and pop everything immediately (along with Cloak during epicentre if you need). You won't get glamorous meter topping numbers, but the boss will die, so you're making the right call.

Use FoK CP's to feed your single target DPS, use Cloak to help stay on the boss through epicentre when your CD's are running, and run Elusiveness instead of Cheat Death while you're learning to help your healers during Tantrum.

Also, this is bad warcraftlogs.com/reports/DphbagywBn1kZXGj#type=damage-taken&ability=162283

People need to get much better at avoiding Rend & Tear (Mark your tanks and make sure they call tank swaps) as it makes healers lives a lot easier.

what others have said, if you guys don't have a kill yet, tell the rest of your raid to swap to single target talents, you will NEVER wipe to pack beasts unless your tank doesn't pick them up and lets them just run wild on the healers.

progressing this a couple of months ago i was having near 11 minute wipes, everyone specced ofc for aoe, after analysing logs seeing other guilds killing it sub 9 minutes i was like wtf why are we taking so long to kill this boss, i checked paragons video kill noticing some classes much lower dps than ours, meaning that we're doing more dps and taking 2 minutes longer to kill the boss? a complete failure of whoring pack beasts, that was about as smart as no-one standing in hands at kromog, you wouldn't do that so don't whore aoe, focus single target those beasts will die fast anyway.

by being #1 on beastlord and mounts you are the real MVP in the raid, not those warlocks, we had warlocks doing 66k dps also specced cataclysm we wiped 11 minutes in, tell them all to spec demonbolt and focus single target, this goes for every class not just warlocks but those are the main culprits in your raid.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&target=10 this is the meter you want to be topping look at those bladestorm warriors...you might as well bring someone from LFR afk taking a shit.

as i'm elemental 9/10 mythic and 40% bh, i can say your shaman is doing fine dropping EQ but tell him to focus his damn EQ on the boss and beast, his EQ damage is fine but again it's all pack beasts drop it on the mounts and boss it's almost like he's avoiding the boss to squeeze pointless pack beast damage.

if you get the raid, apart from the tanks(they need to be tanked) to pretend the pack beasts don't exist you'll notice a massive improvement and probably a kill.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2015-04-28 at 02:38 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the responses.

From what I am gathering, we're focusing too much on AOE, and should have more people switch to singel target?
    Plus we're taking too much dmg from Rend and Tear.

What can I personally do to improve my singel target DPS? I think I am a bit low compared to other SUB rogues on this fight.

hey, all your group should spec single target and let just adds come to bosses and aoe them down, 3 locks + drood with starfall is more then needed on spears, just kill mounts asap when he jump down.

im lock myself and 3 locks with cata is a huge waste of dps on boss its just dps whoring :P

Because you're sub when several people are doing aoe damage. You're doing it right by staying single target. Boss damage is way more important than aoe.

The sub parses vary wildly due to whether you use CT spam on pack beasts, it's effectively just padding numbers and is completely useless from a progression point of view when you could dump CP in to Eviscerate instead, but does make your numbers 'bigger' so skews the parses.

Also, keep in mind that if you're looking at rankings, Mythic will be skewed towards better players by default, so rankings are a bit different to interpret than Heroic or Normal, and shorter kills + padding on pack beasts can drastically alter the raw DPS output.