Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by isiis View Post
    No thank you. That just would have a bad impact on loyalty and the community. I am a guild leader and yes, i devote a lot of my time to recruitung and beside raiding/organization, i hardly do anything ingame. Some evenings i just need a break. Its important for us to build up a community and togetherness feeling because without players who feel some kind of responsibility for the guild, we would be gone too already, as people then often just leave for a better guild when things aren't running smooth sometimes. Why dont just bring your friends in the raiding guild? Most guilds have friend/community members.
    Probably for the exact same reason you are against this idea, everyone is in a guild where "community is important" and you need to keep it together and it really stilts progress, often on your main and your alt.

For instance, my Paladins raid group just broke up. I know I could get into a mythic raiding guild without much trouble as a tank, but that means leaving my guild of 3 years and plenty of irl friends to do so. I can't even gquit on my alt as then people would be like "why? are you joining another guild? What about our guild?" etc.

Guild community is great, but don't act like its not restrictive. You essentially choose social community or progress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post

Guild community is great, but don't act like its not restrictive. You essentially choose social community or progress.
    Not everythink is just black or white. For example, what is progress? Everybody defines it his own way. I agree to this statement when it refers to real hardcore raiding, like guilds that are already progressing blackhand mythic. They can afford to ignore social aspects as progress keeps them together. But every other guild that also want to progress,meaning to kill new bosses even if they just are 5 mythic, have to try to maintan the community aspect. If ppl just want to raid successfully, no matter which guild name shows on their head,they will leave as soon as they fear their own progress might suffer, if maybe just 2 raids are cancelled. Our guild exists since wow beta, of course faces changed but it is still there. And the reason is that we have ppl who care.

Deleted
    Currently struggling to get 20 people for mythic, personally hate it as 2 out of our 3 day week raid times we either end up going heroic which is too easy or doing alt runs, maybe once a week we have 20 then we go mythic but only beastlord at the minute as progression in current state is extremely hard trying to maintain a roster of 20. Bring back 10man raiding.

Deleted
    In the long run, you're gonna have a problem in your guild, when players can't align their expectations towards progress and what the guild's aims are. They might leave you. But that's okay, since there are way too many guilds out there who officially aim for mythic progression then there are (Players/20) who do.
    Just be fair with your guildies, communicate what - in your mind - the purpose of the guild is and don't be mad at those who leave.
    There are other guilds out there who (1) have a social community as well and (2) need dedicated players.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoko View Post
    So I am an Officer in a guild and we are currently on Heroic Blackhand, in the past we have cleared most Heroic (Mythic) content, usually at least 75% of content while its current. During the break between Siege and WoD we stopped raiding, we lost some people and we didnt really recruit too much we picked up about 5 people during the break and lost about half our roster so going into the expansion we had around 7-12 people.

Anyways enough backstory, this expansion we started off with Normal then went to Heroic. Now that we are wrapping up heroic I personally have no urge to raid Mythic, I have done normal, heroic, and LFR on a couple of my alts. The fact that we also have to maintain a roster of 20 people does not help. We have about 18-22 raiders now (Usually around 18 on any given night due to attendance problems and new recruits still being geared up). So basically this was just a rant on how I dont even care about Mythic anymore.

This wasnt only a rant though I want to get some input on how other people feel now about the current state of raiding and your feelings on doing Mythic.
    We are sitting in one boat here. Everything you said also applies to me (and my raid, obviously).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thewespie View Post
    I have raided since Vanilla and did every boss from 40 man in Vanilla, to 25 in BC, to Heroic in LK, Cata to Mythic in MoP, and mythic in WoD and with all the different tiers of raiding difficulty I also am feeling I have no desire to raid anything past heroic. It's been done, finished already 2-3 times already (depending on the guild of course) before Mythic is done. Same fight some new mechanics doesn't equal a different fight. I would rather have them do LFR, and Normal (Mythic version) and that's it. 5 man's (BC dungeon set style not vanilla style) get you into the first tier of raiding, aka HM/BRF (Kara version) and then the next tier or raiding, etc. I think BC had the best raid progression system (excluding the attunements). Many raids that anyone could do and were fun most of the time to most people (not everyone I know).

For me only being able to raid 2 raids on potential 8 times overall, LFR, normal, Heroic, Mythic for each raid is dumb imo. Where I could have had 4 raids that were done well versus 2 raids that were done well (HM sucked to me so this exp only one raid worth a damn) is a big downgrade. Just my opinion.
    Here is where your statement fails.

You have no problems going from lfr, to normal to heroic and then farming heroic for a long time. But making the jump from heroic to mythic is suddenly a problem due to to many difficulties and you lost interest RIGHT between Heroic and mythic every time.

I bet if they had three difficulties: LFR, normal and heroic, you would be stuck in between Normal and heroic because of to many difficulties. Amright?

You would not have gotten an entire dungeon more if mythic hadnt existed. Put that way out of your head.

Edit:

If you raid heroic there is no reason to raid LFR.
    If you raid Mythic there is no reason to raid LFR or normal
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2015-04-28 at 09:53 AM.

I don't want to sound elitist but no doubt will so apologies in advance.

It sounds like the OP is in denial, or at least in his heart wants to raid Mythic but sees the 20 man size as a huge block. I agree with him.

The main point I would make is that for a serious raider Heroic is too easy. You cannot honestly say it provides enough challenge to give you that 'rush' a new boss kill should. Especially since you will have proabably farmed it on normal for some weeks already.

However, the transition to Mythic requires a very active and committed officer team. The majority of 10 man raiders in SoO I know have either just resigned themselves to clearing heroic or just quit altogether because they don't have enough officers willing to recruit continually. This sounds like the situation the OP is in, and I would simply say get some officers to help you that have a desire to push for mythic, or just leave the guild and try to find an established 20 man team.

Guilds dipping their toes into the first few Mythics are crying out for experienced players, and it's a shame you seem so disheartened at the roster challenge that you are effectively giving up on the difficulty you should be raiding at. IMO any raider that was downing SoO pre-nerf on top difficulty should be doing Mythic. Don't kid yourself into thinking Heroic is stimulating you enough.

In what i've seen the days of having a stable and committed roster are gone and a lot of 20 man guilds suffer from inconsistency and struggle to keep a healthy raid size. In summary, the hardest part about Mythic is not the encounters themselves, but getting the 20 players even in the first place. Some throw in the towel, some jump ship. It's your call ultimately.
    Last edited by L3fty; 2015-04-28 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Probably for the exact same reason you are against this idea, everyone is in a guild where "community is important" and you need to keep it together and it really stilts progress, often on your main and your alt.

For instance, my Paladins raid group just broke up. I know I could get into a mythic raiding guild without much trouble as a tank, but that means leaving my guild of 3 years and plenty of irl friends to do so. I can't even gquit on my alt as then people would be like "why? are you joining another guild? What about our guild?" etc.

Sounds like you just want your cake and be able to eat it too? If your current guild cannot accommodate you for raiding then they need to get over it if you find other people to raid with on a regular basis.

Deleted
    Well, we've had issues with signups too and found that basically just actively recruiting for as long as we can't guarantee a good mythic setup every night is the best solution. Sometimes it feels like hauling water ut of a leaking boat, other times the new members stick around. So I guess that's what I'd recommend if there's any spark of interest left for you.

As far as boss mechanics go, I personally feel like they're worth it. Only 3/10 so far (Gruul, Beastlord, Oregorger), but they've all had an interesting twist on the basic fight and I've enjoyed progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild is starting Mythic (well when we have 20 online) and I really can't be arsed.

I'm their main tank though and it's some friends who I have known since vanilla and other expansions, so I don't want to just quit as I would feel guilty. I'm actually happy when 20 don't show up for a raid.

Deleted
    I would like to join Heroic-only guild. But these guilds are so rare or just dont need my class, so I gave up.

Most guilds on my realm is advertised as "preparing for mythic, going mythic".
    On the other side, are normal, wanna be heroic guilds, who mostly dont intend to kill last boss - instead they just kill few easiest heroic bosses and then go up to 8/10. No progress, mostly using overgearing for killing later normal bosses . Thats not progress, thats loot farming and I just dont like that.

I dont want to bother with mythic, same with normal, but guild options are really not existant.

Quote Originally Posted by L3fty View Post

Guilds dipping their toes into the first few Mythics are crying out for experienced players, and it's a shame you seem so disheartened at the roster challenge that you are effectively giving up on the difficulty you should be raiding at. IMO any raider that was downing SoO pre-nerf on top difficulty should be doing Mythic. Don't kid yourself into thinking Heroic is stimulating you enough.
    there are no more guilds diping their toes in mythic left alive - only ones left are guildswith 5-6/10 mythic progress cannibalizeing whatever leftovers og 9/10 or 10 /10 hc are there left but behind them there is simply nothing everything below that progress is dead or got poached by guildswith much better progress - were back to TBC stoneage where most guilds couldnt progress past kara cause whenever they geared someone up he was insntant poached by guilds with better progress.

in a longer run it will end tragically for mythic as raid format - ship is already sinking but the orchestra is still playing pretending nothing is happening. just give it till the end of expansion and mythic will be dead as raid format in this pace of guild dying.

Mythic is going to happen for me. We raid heroic x-realm which is great and suits us. As mythic is not available x-realm, and I understand the reason, it's just not going to happen. Not at all worried tbh.

If I could raid mythic without any major logistics issues, I would. So far the guilds I've been in have had issues with actually having enough people. Sure, you might go into mythic with 23-26 players, but soon enough some of them stop showing up and you're unable to do mythic, making other members leave and effectively killing any chance of the guild doing more mythic. I guess two guilds isn't a huge sample size, but going through the same thing twice in a fairly short span of time is disheartening and kills part of my motivation.

I really wish the flex system applied to all difficulties, I realize it has balancing issues but it just solves so many problems for guilds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    I really wish the flex system applied to all difficulties, I realize it has balancing issues but it just solves so many problems for guilds.
    Without wanting to sound like a dick, Mythic is not there to solve your problems for you. Raiding requires a certain amount of organisation. If mythic is to be the cutting edge of raiding, that has to apply to all aspects of raiding - organisation included. It isn't just another 'step up', it's something that needs to test every aspect of your group. every single guild that either doesn't go into Mythic (assuming they could do heroic easily enough) or broke up during Mythic progress gave up. In no case were they unable to do it, they just chose not to put in the effort. That's fine, it's an amateur game after all, but that's the one and only reason.

i wish we will have 10 man mythic option again. too many guilds/raiding teams drop off because of the logistic with arranging 20 man raiding team, ppl leaving.

Deleted
    My main is in a mythic guild, I got 7/10M last week (they sort of carried my sorry ass) and through all that I was thinking:

"Why the F am I even doing this?" It was boring as fudge, I wasn't feeling challenged at all it was just a game of "mind where you are stepping and where you are going". All I wanted was to be subbed out so I could go play some starcraft or watch TV but since they only had 19 online they asked me to stay. :/

IMO, mythic its for those top 10 guilds in the world who want to really push it, other than that there is little relevance. The extra ilvls won't make a huge difference come 6.2 & HFC.

But of course... people need something to keep busy in the 8 months that this raid tier is going to last. If I hadn't already subbed for 6 months I would for sure stop my subscription till next patch. Unfortunately I already payed and to justify that investment I keep logging in daily (morning and night) to clear missions and work orders.

This expansion started off quite nice and fun but lost its appeal fast with content being released too slowly and far apart. Right now I'm just aiming at clearing HFC in the first month after release, hit gold cap and quit till maybe 7.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Without wanting to sound like a dick, Mythic is not there to solve your problems for you. Raiding requires a certain amount of organisation. If mythic is to be the cutting edge of raiding, that has to apply to all aspects of raiding - organisation included. It isn't just another 'step up', it's something that needs to test every aspect of your group. every single guild that either doesn't go into Mythic (assuming they could do heroic easily enough) or broke up during Mythic progress gave up. In no case were they unable to do it, they just chose not to put in the effort. That's fine, it's an amateur game after all, but that's the one and only reason.
    Why does it have to apply to all aspects? I'm fine with it being a harder difficulty than I may be able to clear, but why not have the best feature blizzard has come up with in a long time applied to it?

I have no doubt mythic fights are awesome and well crafted, but I also have no desire to raid it. I raided hardcore 25 from TBC-early Cata and I'm pretty much done with it. Now I raid casually in normal/heroic and it's pretty great. I'm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Why does it have to apply to all aspects? I'm fine with it being a harder difficulty than I may be able to clear, but why not have the best feature blizzard has come up with in a long time applied to it?
    Because Flex is specifically for people who lack the inclination to spend much effort organising raids. After all, you shouldn't have to apply the same level of effort at all levels of raiding. However, lack of inclination is not something that belongs at the top end of any competitive activity.