Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've never disagreed with anyone so quickly on anything ever.

Why don't we raise children the way they have been raised for thousands of years, with guidance, support, and protection?
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SogPig View Post
    Why don't we raise children the way they have been raised for thousands of years, with guidance, support, and protection?
    Because we need to confuse them in the first place so that they know its ok to be confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    Because we need to confuse them in the first place so that they know its ok to be confused.
    Where the fuck did you get that out of anything I said????????????????????????????
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

I don't think it's necessarily a beginning of childhood thing, I think it's also a form of segregation in schools. I my school, females are usually first at everything (even if they aren't well behaved) and usually males that get unnecessary flack.

Deleted
    Gender Neutral? Not really. Tailored to the childs preferences? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    this is a troll post "we all now and agree " is used to bait.
    Indeed.

Children don't need to be raised in a vacuum of gender. If a child wants to play with a doll or play dress up and is a boy it doesn't matter. Same goes for a daughter who wants to play with 'trucks' or play in the mud or something. Children aren't magically going to suffer from gender dysphoria because they do something 'outside of the norm' for their gender. Or become gay/lesbian. That's not how it works and that is something that the scientific community is agreed on.

10+ Year Old Account
    By respecting them and treating them like (young) people and not like dolls to play out your personal fantasies with.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    Because stupidity demands it. A penis nowdays no longer is seen as proof that you're a male. Wishful thinking trumps facts.
    Using logic might offend someone and we wouldn't want that, do we? Unless they're religious, immigrants or have a different mindset from mainstreamers... then they can go screw themselves.
    the transphobia is strong with you
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

0/10 OP you're a disgrace to the art of trolling

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2015-04-28 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    There are only two genders; Male and Female. Fact.
    gender neutral isnt a third gender, it just means being open to the idea that your kid might be trans
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking trucks and guns away from boys, and barbies away from girls isn't "gender neutral".
    Letting your kid play with whatever they want is.

There is a distinction, and you're being obtuse here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    There are only two genders; Male and Female. Fact.
    What you're referring to is actually biological sex. The term 'gender' has been made distinct from biological sex (in which there are, of course, only males and females.)

Do a little research on it and you might learn something, rather than sending down proclamations from on high about what is and isn't a 'fact'.

Quote Originally Posted by VodkaRedBull View Post
    Hey parents

we all know and agree that modern parenthood involves around raising their gender neutral as much as possible so that they dont get forced into the dated and opressive gender binary and can decide their gender themselves. But how far should we go? Should we take boys their toys away for example steoreotypical toys like cars or action figures and force them to also play with dolls and vice versa for girls? Probably children are getting brainwashed in kindergarten where they have to play with certain toys because of the group pressure and they adopt that style at home. So maybe they get completly confused :/

Any parents here that can help?
    you most certainly do NOT speak for all parents.

my DAUGHTER is a SHE and a HER and happy. if in the future SHE decides to be something else, that's up to her.. and I will still love and support her.. but it won't change science.

take this hippy bullcrap and bury it. if it has dude bits, its a boy. if it has girl ones it's a girl.. that's ok. my daughter has like 20+ different princess dresses and no superhero costumes.. dear god.. how will we cope?! THE OPPRESSION SHE FACES..!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VodkaRedBull View Post
    Should we take boys their toys away for example steoreotypical toys like cars or action figures and force them to also play with dolls and vice versa for girls? Probably children are getting brainwashed in kindergarten where they have to play with certain toys because of the group pressure and they adopt that style at home. So maybe they get completly confused :/
    It has been PROVEN time and time again that this is horseshit. You cannot force a boy to play with dolls, you cannot force a girl to play with cars, it does not work. The children rebel and gravitate towards "gender norms", no matter how much their fucked-up parents try to force them.

You CANNOT raise a child "gender neutral". It either has male tendencies, female tendencies or both/niether, but those are innate, and cannot be changed or manipulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    you most certainly do NOT speak for all parents.

my DAUGHTER is a SHE and a HER and happy. if in the future SHE decides to be something else, that's up to her.. and I will still love and support her.. but it won't change science.

take this hippy bullcrap and bury it. if it has dude bits, its a boy. if it has girl ones it's a girl.. that's ok. my daughter has like 20+ different princess dresses and no superhero costumes.. dear god.. how will we cope?! THE OPPRESSION SHE FACES..!!!
    my transgender girlfriend proves you wrong, she was born a boy but is quite clearly a girl now. and she is most certainly not a hippie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    my transgender girlfriend proves you wrong, she was born a boy but is quite clearly a girl now. and she is most certainly not a hippie
    Your girlfriend was born a male and they still are a male.

Looking and acting feminine does not actually make you the female sex.

It is unfortunate that neither side seems to grasp that sex and gender are not the same things. In lay terms, maybe, in discussions on the subject the delineation between the two needs to be clear.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Children gender Neutrality? How do you function man?

These ideas brings humanity down.

your transgender girlfriend proves nothing. if it has a penis it's a dude. if he wants to dress like a chick, have various treatments or whatev's that's fine, its nothing to do with me. but don't stick orange peel around an apple and expect me to believe it's an orange because I wont.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2015-04-28 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Your girlfriend was born a male and they still are a male.

Looking and acting feminine does not actually make you the female sex.

It is unfortunate that neither side seems to grasp that sex and gender are not the same things. In lay terms, maybe, in discussions on the subject the delineation between the two needs to be clear.
    i dont really see what the point of saying "well technically she still isnt capable of giving birth" has any place in the discussion except to be petty. she was born a boy, now shes a girl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    your transgender girlfriend proves nothing. if it has a penis it's a dude. if he wants to dress like a chick, have various treatments or whatev's that's fine, its nothing to do with me. but don't stick orange peel around an apple and expect me to believe it's an orange because I wont.
    except shes not a dude, but you can continue to be bigoted if you want

i dont really see what the point of saying "well technically she still isnt capable of giving birth" has any place in the discussion except to be petty. she was born a boy, now shes a girl.
    the point is, you are shoving your views in our face and if we don't happen to agree, you call 'transphobia' the irony here is.. you have an alternative viewpoint and get angry when people won't accept it.. so you argue it with us because you can't accept our viewpoint. do you not see that?

If you, and your transwhatever are happy that's great, more power to you. my daughter may grow up to love women, call herself trevor and try and grow a beard. she will still always be my daughter. that will not change. at no point is my daughter going to magically become a Son.

EDIT: proving my point. It's not bigoted to have a differing viewpoint to yours. so far you've thrown out bigot, transphobia, petty etc.. just because people don't agree with your views.. says it all...you want US to respect your views.. yet you can't respect that ours differ..
    Last edited by Raldazzar; 2015-04-28 at 01:46 AM.