Need Disc Healing Advice please..

Hi All

I am looking for some helpful info to help me see what I am missing in my rotation, or anything else that might improve my overall Healing
    Currently we are 8/10 on BRF and I recently switched to my disc priest. Any help on what I am doing incorrectly woukld be greatly appreciated

Here are the latest Logs from BRF Normal

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=13

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Very low AA uptime. Should be between 50-60% (60% is the max uptime on AA). Yours is 20-30% depending on fight.

2) Not using PI. Either you're not talented into it (which you should be) or you're talented into it, and not using it (which is even worse than not talenting into it). In a fight that lasts between 2:00 and 3:59, you should get 2 casts of PI in. Between 4 and 5:59 you should get 3 in, etc. etc.

3) Several fights had very low uptime, ~94%. Should be 99% or above, ideally 99.5% or higher. low uptime means you're not casting when you could be, and letting gcd's go to waste. Remember your ABC's, Always Be Casting.

4) Low Evangelism stacks. You have 2pc so this should not be an issue. You're not using penance enough either offensively or defensively. You should always start the fight with 5 stacks of evangelism by casting penance before the pull on someone. Which brings me to 5..

5) Very low Solace use. I.e. using it 5 times on a fight you could've used it 24 times (H&F). If you aren't going to use it, you're better off taking MB.

6) Not enough Penance, either offensively or defensively (should help with 4)

7) Using holy nova. Just don't.

8) Using CoW but only casting it 3-5 times a fight. If you're not gonna use CoW throughout a fight, you're better off just taking WoM. Also if you do take CoW, make sure to build up the max shield on both tanks, and anyone else who is gunna take a lot of damage at the start of the fight before the pull. This can also be applied to WoM. Just spam holy nova/penace/PoM on random raid members and you can get 3 people to have 10 stacks of PoM before the pull.

9) Never hard casting PoM. Although this is situational, It is still beneficial to do it on fights like kromog, or gruul on the group with inferno slice dot.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Not trying to hijack this thread. But i'm wondering considering point 2: To what extend is PI considered a throughput/emergency cooldown?

Quite new to priest, but coming from Resto Shaman I have do have some experience with a similar ability.
    Basically it's just like Elemental Mastery (shaman talent: 30% haste for 20 seconds); a mini-personal bloodlust.

On my shaman I generally tended to either save the ability for when I needed more throughput (emergency cooldown) or I combined it with something else (e.g. Healing Tide) to enhance it.

As Disc priest (or maybe Holy if you have good examples for that spec). Do you try to maximize uptime? Do you (practially) always combine it with something like Mindbender or Divine Hymn? Or do you save it as an extra cooldown?
    And if so are there any specific moments in BRF encounters where you like to use this ability?

Reason I'm wondering is I've read people commentating a lot on PI usage. And though I do think you should not let that talent just sit there doing nothing; but is having 100% uptime on cooldowns really neccessary, other than for ranking attempts?
    I understand that having a high AA uptime is crucial for your overall throughput and quality as healer; same with lack of CoW usage and excessive Holy Nova, those largely make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    Not trying to hijack this thread. But i'm wondering considering point 2: To what extend is PI considered a throughput/emergency cooldown?

Quite new to priest, but coming from Resto Shaman I have do have some experience with a similar ability.
    Basically it's just like Elemental Mastery (shaman talent: 30% haste for 20 seconds); a mini-personal bloodlust.

On my shaman I generally tended to either save the ability for when I needed more throughput (emergency cooldown) or I combined it with something else (e.g. Healing Tide) to enhance it.

As Disc priest (or maybe Holy if you have good examples for that spec). Do you try to maximize uptime? Do you (practially) always combine it with something like Mindbender or Divine Hymn? Or do you save it as an extra cooldown?
    And if so are there any specific moments in BRF encounters where you like to use this ability?
    To answer your first two questions, yes you try to maximize uptime, and yes you always try to combine it with MB. Potentially you could time it with DH, but PI is the weakest out of that tier for holy (ToF >=DI with 4pc>PI). So I'm not 100% sure on that one (I also don't main holy).

Like almost all cooldowns, they follow the rule of use them early, and use them often. But there are definitely instances where you should hold off on using PI. i.e. on thogar, theres really no reason to use it before the Man at Arms comes out cause there is hardly any damage (and man at arms comes out between 1:30 and 1:45 i believe so PI won't be up for it if you use it on pull). Or saving PI on mythic H&F for after the second set of smart stampers when there will be a large spike in damage taken. But on many encounters PI can be used on pull, and then it will be up for when the next big damage happens. i.e. on gruul to get early, quick shields out on everyone, same with ore/kromog.

Using PI is situational like any other cooldown, but in general using it early and often is best in terms of throughput. But you're right, you don't need to use it the maximum amount of times in a fight unless you're trying to parse well. But I guess the point I was trying to make to OP is that he's using it either once a fight at the very end, or not at all. That is unacceptable. Even if you're not getting maximum uptime and waiting for large damage spikes, you can easily get 2+ uses out of it on the fights he linked.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    But there are definitely instances where you should hold off on using PI. i.e. on thogar, theres really no reason to use it before the Man at Arms comes out cause there is hardly any damage (and man at arms comes out between 1:30 and 1:45 i believe so PI won't be up for it if you use it on pull).
    I know that the people you are addressing are most probably not on Mythic Thogar, so as a sidenote to this statement, it changes on Mythic and spawns a man at arms right after the fight starts.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Thank you for the input Pearl, I appreciate any/all advice.. Any other helpful advice would always be welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    On Mythic Thogar PI with PW:S coverage actually was strong enough to not have the other healers need to case mana intensive AoE spells and they would just ST heal the targets i didn't get to PW:S. PI is insanely good for pre-bubbling damage and allowing you to squeeze in ~2 extra shields.