MMO Champion updates used to be useful

Anyone remember when the people running MMO Champion gave a shit and the holiday event updates would come out before the events actually came out on WoW or at the same time. Instead we get tweets that have been out for weeks videos days after they have been released and links on other sites and dumb shit like what old WoW devs are doing.

Basically why is the news posting on the MMO Champion front page so shit now what happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    Basically why is the news posting on the MMO Champion front page so shit now what happened?
    I dunno, the past couple weeks have been incredibly lame news-wise though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballrug View Post
    I dunno, the past couple weeks have been incredibly lame news-wise though.
    Umm no 6.2 is on the PTR and heaps of news around that is out. Today Childrens Week started but we STILL don't have a post on the front page about it when they used to be up a day or two before the event. There aren't even any big changes this year.

Your blame is misplaced here. They cover the bases with PTR builds like they always have, and Blizzards just been rather silent on the tweet front ever since the creation of WarcraftDevs [though Critho has aided in stepping that up in 6.1]. If you think there's something they're not reporting on something that they should, feel free to leave your constructive feedback here, but we really don't get much in the way of new announcements or blogs these days. Blizzards taking a different approach.

e: Nothing new in Childrens Week 2015, just a toybox item. Granted a post could have been made about it a day or so earlier I guess.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-04-28 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like they can create news out of thin air. Since the blues have been pretty much forced into silence, the only real updates are PTR builds, and those only happen once every week or two. They have to put together whatever they can for the updates in between.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving this to site feedback.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Thinking about it a bit more, yeah, perhaps making sure holiday posts get a day or so early would be a good idea. Have they been late on the last few though? That's also still a really small amount of content that goes on the front page at a few select times of the year, but still I can see where you're coming from.

I suppose one thing Wowhead does do atm that I think would help traffic and keep players informed is that "Today in Draenor" info panel, MMO-C could do something like that. Wouldn't be a news post thing though, but then again a big rectangular box does mess with the site layout
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-04-28 at 12:41 AM.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering why there are Guild Wars 2 sections in the News when Darth keeps saying this is a World of Warcraft website.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Your blame is misplaced here. They cover the bases with PTR builds like they always have, and Blizzards just been rather silent on the tweet front ever since the creation of WarcraftDevs [though Critho has aided in stepping that up in 6.1]. If you think there's something they're not reporting on something that they should, feel free to leave your constructive feedback here, but we really don't get much in the way of new announcements or blogs these days. Blizzards taking a different approach.

e: Nothing new in Childrens Week 2015, just a toybox item. Granted a post could have been made about it a day or so earlier I guess.
    I am not complaining about the amount of news coming out so the 6.2 PTR has little to do with it. Most tweets are posted days or weeks after they are tweeted. I am talking about the lack of decent event posts on MMO Champion (Noblegarden was 2 days late Childrens Week still isnt up)

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    Today Childrens Week started but we STILL don't have a post on the front page about it when they used to be up a day or two before the event. There aren't even any big changes this year.
    There is nothing (significant) that is new this year, so we aren't in a rush to mention it. I generally post about the smaller holidays after they are live, which happened this afternoon in the US. This gives me a chance to collect some data on the holiday. This year I wanted to confirm what is in the new pet battle bag.

As far as outstanding 6.2 stuff goes, the only things left are high quality tier set previews, some misc models we didn't cover in the initial post, a quick profession changes recap, and maybe a couple of videos if people are interested. We are still waiting on an actual Naval mission implementation to talk more about that system. Tanaan Jungle is similar to Timeless Isle in that there isn't a lot of structured content, just lots of random things out in the world, not a ton to talk about there until it is closer to release and they stop changing things. Hellfire Citadel boss videos come up as testing goes on and streams are on the front page during testing. The Darkmoon Faire isn't open on the PTR yet, so can't talk about the couple of changes there. Timewalker dungeons are locked again on the PTR. I guess there are some new pet battle things (but no one was ever interested when we tried to post pet battle stuff).

If there is something we haven't / aren't planning to cover that you are interested in, just let us know and I'll be happy to cover it, but I can't just invent news. Blizzard has been very quiet the last few months, with almost all of the devs no longer using Twitter to talk about WoW and no longer posting on the forums.
    Last edited by chaud; 2015-04-28 at 12:55 AM.

For what its worth there's a pretty active pet battle board here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/7388394/ and WCP still remains active, so pet battles might be more worth talking about. Then again it's not the super mainstream activity that 25% of the playerbase was engaging in at some point during MoP but it might be on the upswing again with players having less to do