Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    got it in 09. fun achievement was fun. it'd be piss easy to get now. stop feeling entitled to an achievement and instead try to, you know, achieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

People moan and groan about it, but completely underestimate just how easy it is to get-- ESPECIALLY since most of the time there's a bunch of people in the BGs willing to cooperate with you.

Yea, just ask your group to help you out. Easy peasy

They should make the meta-achievement require either School of Hard Knocks or Veteran Nanny. If you don't want to PvP you can wait for two years.

Deleted
    It's a bit mean of me but I usually like the childrens week, was better before account wide achievments tho. Queue with 5 man, watch the PvE players fight over with flag with 15 people in the middle and then notice they don't actually have any bases to hand it in.

While I wouldn't mind it being removed I do think the "what if a pve player does t want to do pvp" argument is a bit silly, given that if w pvp player wanted this mount then they would have to do significant amounts of pve content.
    Some things are designed for only one kind of player, some are designed to get you to experiment with things outside your comfort zone. This is the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Because PvE players might not like PvP? I mean, if it was only 1 BG then sure, but this is 4 BGs.
    You're not the only one trying to get that flag too. On top of that with PvE gear you won't go very far.
    It's not hard, it's stupid and frustrating.
    And if you can't tolerate doing a couple of hours of something you find boring then achievements arent for you.
    Thanks to people like you challenging things in this game (achiev wise) gets nerfed.

If you dont like to pvp then dont do the achiev, but dont expect a reward for it.
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2015-04-28 at 11:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    It is very easy to do. Stop moaning and just do it.

This is not a PvE only game and meta achievement is not related to PvE in any way. Its a holiday thingie, nether PvE nor PvP. So just man up and do few battlegrounds.

I imagine this is much easier than it was when the achievement first came around, when everyone wanted it.
    RETH

Deleted
    The easiest way is to get a group to go with you. the wsg flag is normally easy to do in my experience due to the pvpers who actually want to play the game, we go to their flag room pick up the flag then drop it to allow one pver to return it. Then we pick up then drop it again. After enough returns and /hugs all round they all fk off and we can go back to killing each other and pvping without them ruining the match for us all.

For the other 3 get 2 healers and a couple of geared guys to come help you do it. I recommend bringing priests and paladins if you can so they can leap of faith/hand of protection any "team mate" trying to capture "your" flag. queue as a 5 man and go chain queue for it. If you don't have friends try offering to pay gold or set it up in group finder.

Heck if you need help and you are EU horde, pm me your battletag and I will help you out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think achievements like this would be fine if they weren't achievable during a limited period once a year. I did the achievement years ago, but I still feel sorry for anyone that still has to do it for their meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Because PvE players might not like PvP? I mean, if it was only 1 BG then sure, but this is 4 BGs.

You're not the only one trying to get that flag too. On top of that with PvE gear you won't go very far.

It's not hard, it's stupid and frustrating.
    I'm not a PVPer (far from even), but i never had alot of problems with this achie. i think even this year PVE Players have it easier since Resillience and PVP Power are gone, and in normal BGs PVE gear gear only scales down a little bit, if even at all, setting you if reasonably PVE geared quite closely or evenly matched to the best PVP gear and probably better geared then PVP ppl that are not fully epic PVP geared.

I don't get what's really bad or even hard to accomplish on that achivement , got it done years ago and as far as i know the only tedious one was the AV flag , had to play some games but eventually got trough it before my 10th for sure

I can't believe it's 2015 and people are still crying about this achievement.

Deleted
    I'd like to hear from people who actually PvP how they feel about having numerous "PvE scrubs" invading "their PvP" and possibly dragging them down/causing them to lose.
    I remember going into the 2 BG's required for the legendary cloak last expansion and the hate I got for being in PvE gear (as well as in a tanking spec oh dear!) was just disgusting.

Don't understand all the fuss. I don't like PvP myself, yet I went in and got it done on the first available day and it really was not that difficult.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Entertaining and amusing. Did however cause one WSG I entered to be a stalemate where Horde refused to enter the Alliance base and every Alliance was sat in the Flag Room waiting the entire game. Next WSG both teams traded the Achievement
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Ariandra View Post
    I'd like to hear from people who actually PvP how they feel about having numerous "PvE scrubs" invading "their PvP" and possibly dragging them down/causing them to lose.
    I remember going into the 2 BG's required for the legendary cloak last expansion and the hate I got for being in PvE gear (as well as in a tanking spec oh dear!) was just disgusting.
    Anybody that takes random BGs seriously needs to relax. I've never cared. If you know what you're doing, Random BGs are piss easy anyway. Especially so if you've got friends with you.

So apparently any achievements that represent actually achieving something people hate.

But freebie, pointless, gimmie achievements that everyone gets for no effort like participation trophies everyone loves.

Am I understanding this right?

You going to complain about every challenging achievement in the game?
    Last edited by Dasani; 2015-04-29 at 03:24 AM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by urok View Post
    I can't really understand why you call him arrogant... some part of the achievements in the holidays should be challenging or everyone will roflstomp it in 1 day and won’t participate in the event for the remainder of it being active.
    If only they'd make raids so they aren't stomped in 1 day as well. I wonder how'd it be if raids took 3-4 weeks to clear front to back. Nah. They'd never do that!