Looking for help (Shadow priest logs)

Hi there long time lurker first time poster. Our guild has a shadow priest reroll still quite new to the class. We're looking for any feedback available to help him push his dps up to be more competitive

us .battle.net/wow/en/character/caelestrasz/Ziveth/advanced
    .warcraftlogs.com/reports/rCnZtPpyJG2aQWmN

Any help that could be offered is much appreciated.

Deleted
    Firstly based on armory, mastery enchant on weapon. Crit is best by far. Based on gear, needs way more crit and has too much mastery and also either needs the blackhand trinket or the darmac trinket.

Unfortunately, being trapped without much crit makes Spriest very weak. It's pretty difficult to judge performance without that crit level being there and its extremely lacking so naturally, AS talent is going to be weak but I'll try.

Some bosses he has really bad MB usage sometimes as long as 30-60 seconds without using a MB. Uptime on SWP and VT on AS fights is lower than it should be. Cascade not being used enough in general, SWDeath sometimes not used enough, capping shadow orbs and losing DPs, insanity ticks not used enough (probably not doing dotweaving properly), sometimes no second pot used. Didn't even prepot on darmac.

This is just a case of using your spells and managing the priority.

My biggest bit of advice - MIND BLAST. It should be one of the highest priorities but your Spriest is seriously lacking here.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-advice-(logs)

Go here if you want a bit more indepth. Personally, I think shadow is one of the most complex specs right now. A lot of research and refinement needs to be made to maximise potential especially on a fight-to-fight basis.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2015-04-28 at 05:56 PM.

First off for his gear he is looking good. He is prioritizing crit and his trinkets look good. I'll link a huge priority list for his BiS. That will help clear up any confusion on gear upgrades. I will note that the list is aimed towards the Auspicious Spirits talent which he will be using once he gets around 20% crit fully raid buffed. Honestly, he looks like he's near the point where he can spec into AS full time. AS has a higher potential for more DPS than Clarity of Power is pretty much all situations, not to mention it scales really well with better gear. On that note I'll go into detail of how he should properly play as AS.

howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?t=7144

As far as his rotation (I will be referencing the Beastlord fight as it's our best fight):

It can't be stressed enough that Mind Blast needs to be used EVERY time it's off of CD, it's too important to miss it even for a second. Also Shadow Word: Pain needs to have 100% uptime on the boss and have it ticking on as many targets as possible. Vampiric Touch is important to have on many targets but nearly not as much as SW:P. To put this into perspective he should have Beastlord dotted with SW:P and VT, while that's going on he should also cast SW:P on every spear and casting VT on about 2 or 3. It's important to note that he should never lose a shadow orb because he is capped - it's always ok to cast Devouring Plague on an add or refresh it when it still has 1 or 2 seconds left. It's also ok to clip Mind Flay/Insanity to cast a DP or MB. Shadow Word: Death should be used on CD as well when the boss is under 20% OR if any adds(pack beasts, spears) can be sniped. Lastly, Insanity should be used on every fight in heroic and Cascade is really strong on most fights as well.

As a side note, if he is specced into AS he should never ever ever cast Mind Spike.

Some things for him to strive for if he wants to stand out:

Our 4 set bonus is really strong if it can be maintained at max stacks. Some things he could do is he could wait to cast DP until he has 5 orbs pooled and MB off CD. Sniping adds with SW, as I mentioned, will help big time. It will be easier to do at high ilvls, but it's important to practice that if possible.

Thinking ahead in terms of accounting for the potential procs spriests get. He should be thinking/planning for a large amount of orbs if he gets a crit proc or a mid fight Bloodlust. He should also be constantly aware of the spells he can cast in between MB CD's - meaning, since MB is so constant in our rotation he should be able to plan out (in advance) what he'll cast in the 6 or so seconds that MB is on CD. Potential things could be: refreshing/applying any dots, filling with MF/Insanity, or any moving or repositioning.

Here are my most recent mythic logs.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/L7rCk2KtFvVwbPHD

Also feel free to message me in game. Hope this helps.

Veked - Arthas(US)
    Last edited by Veked; 2015-04-29 at 04:25 AM. Reason: formatting

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated!