7+ Year Old Account

Over 100% Multi Strike?

Does MS have any diminishing returns? With both trinkets proccing I reach 118% MS (granted for one second because the Blackhand trinket is stupid like that). Mythic Vial is great and teh passive STR is nice. Mythic Tectus trink I feel the proc is better cause its a flat crit rate, not a ramp up thing but the STR is 100 less the BRF trinkets with same ilevel...

Does having over 100% MS a waste?
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is, you get 2 guaranteed rolls for MS at 100%.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like having over 103% crit is a waste unless you are a Warlock, having over 100% MS is a waste. However, besides the 103/100% caps for Crit/MS, there are no other game-wide caps. Elemental shamans have their cap at 80% MS, and monks have a soft cap at 50% MS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Great thank you all for the replies. Will adjust gear today
    Filthy Casual

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously people are clueless and they are saying stuff...

Multistrike above 100% (as per celestalon tweet circa 2014 summer) gives you a chance for a 3rd multistrike hit!

Please know your facts.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post

Multistrike above 100% (as per celestalon tweet circa 2014 summer) gives you a chance for a 3rd multistrike hit!

Please know your facts.
    See thats what I originally thought cause looking at skada for example, I would see SS hit= 150 and MS 174... my MS is hitting more times then normal hits/crits.
    Filthy Casual

10+ Year Old Account

Please know your facts.
    Never seen a tri MS with both MS trinkets up and over 120% MS. Please link tweet before claiming shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    You do realize that every cast has two chances to multistrike, right?
    No, did not know it was two chances to proc MS hits. Just thought every swing had a 30% chance as it states. That's why I was scratching my head when I saw more MS hits in total then everything else. Will get some SS's today to show Saybel
    Filthy Casual

118% MS = 100% chance to proc MS + 18% to proc another MS

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Estroo View Post
    118% MS = 100% chance to proc MS + 18% to proc another MS
    Cool cool. Now again I am wondering if the gear I have on right now is better then 4 piece with those shitty Mythic gloves. The tier WF shoulders I would be swapping out have no MS on them so I would loose about 5% MS. I kinda like the sound of 100% proc plus anything over that is just added bonus
    Filthy Casual

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to quash any theories about tri multistrikes;

Your Frost Fever damaged Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 2901 Frost.
    Your Frost Fever damaged Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 870 Frost. (Multistrike)
    Your Mark of Sindragosa hit Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 2832 Shadowfrost. (Multistrike)
    Your Melee hit Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 8000 Physical.
    Your Melee hit Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 2418 Physical. (Multistrike)
    Your Melee hit Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 2315 Physical. (Multistrike)
    Your Unholy Strength healed You 0 Physical. (14037 Overhealed)
    Your Blood Rites energized You 15 (Runic Power).
    Your Blood Rites energized You 15 (Runic Power).
    Your Blood Charge reduced You 4.
    Your Blood Boil hit Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 2039 Shadow. (Multistrike)
    Your Blood Boil hit Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 2039 Shadow. (Multistrike)
    Your Mark of Sindragosa hit Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 9440 Shadowfrost.
    Your Mark of Sindragosa hit Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 2832 Shadowfrost. (Multistrike)
    Your Death Strike healed You 0 Physical. (39400 Overhealed)
    Your Death Strike hit Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 19165 Physical.
    Your Unholy Strength healed You 0 Physical. (14325 Overhealed)
    Your Blood Plague damaged Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 2901 Shadow.
    Your Blood Plague damaged Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 870 Shadow. (Multistrike)
    Your Blood Plague damaged Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 871 Shadow. (Multistrike)
    Your Death Strike hit Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 5750 Physical. (Multistrike)
    Your Mark of Sindragosa hit Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 4720 Shadowfrost.
    Your Mark of Sindragosa hit Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 9440 Shadowfrost.
    Your Death Strike hit Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 5749 Physical. (Multistrike)
    Your Mark of Sindragosa hit Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 1416 Shadowfrost. (Multistrike)
    Your Mark of Sindragosa hit Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 5665 Shadowfrost. (Critical) (Multistrike)
    Your Mark of Sindragosa hit Dungeoneer's Training Dummy 1416 Shadowfrost. (Multistrike)

I had over 200% (202-230 or something like that due to stacking trinket) MS for this entire section of combatlog, if you look correctly every ability only multistrikes twice, it's a bit disordered due to cleaving other dummy with breath/dots/sindra but you get the point.

omg they need to make a sticky or something, so much misinformation i almost hope its intentional trolling - and these threads pop up every few weeks! (not just in the DK forum)

MS caps at 100%, there is no benefit in going above 100%!

You get 2 independent MS attack rolls per trigger event and each one gets your full MS chance to happen.
    (You may get 0, 1 or 2 MS attacks...unless you are at 100% MS, then you always get 2 MS attacks per trigger event)

Each MS attack does 30% of the normal (non-crit) damage of the attack that triggered it and has its own chance to crit.

MS attacks cannot directly proc additional MS attacks (no infinite loops)
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-04-28 at 08:20 PM.

Something important being skimmed over too is that even with the trinkets putting you temporarily over 100% MS it's still MUCH better then the tectus trinket even is mythic

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Something important being skimmed over too is that even with the trinkets putting you temporarily over 100% MS it's still MUCH better then the tectus trinket even is mythic
    yeah I figured it was but I just hate the ramp up time for Blackhand's trinkt. 10 secs for max potential is garbage IMO cause it takes 10 secs to max it out..
    Filthy Casual

The idea of overcapping MS granting extra multistrikes existed in the earlier iterations of the stat during beta.(or was it alpha, not sure)

But since the iteration of MS proccing up to 2 times at 30% each it is a stat you can hardcap as already mentioned.

While I personally am also no big fan of the stacking trinkets now, since it lasts so short in general it still is very valuable as the overall stat amount is still good and while it is nice to get your gcds filled during the last seconds it is no musthave to do so. You don't really have to pay much attention to the procs, atleast not really more than any other stat trinket procs since dot snapshotting has been removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it appears that I'm totally wrong and my mind was stuck at the first iteration and it has since changed.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/143...aenor-6-4-2014

"We’ve since changed that to make it more clear and intuitive: the full chance is given to both rolls, with a 100% cap."

I'd like to apologize. Yes there is a 100% cap that guarantees you 2 extra attacks at 30% damage .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well it appears that I'm totally wrong and my mind was stuck at the first iteration and it has since changed.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/143...aenor-6-4-2014

"We’ve since changed that to make it more clear and intuitive: the full chance is given to both rolls, with a 100% cap."

I'd like to apologize. Yes there is a 100% cap that guarantees you 2 extra attacks at 30% damage .
    Thank you for clearing this up. Hope this helps others too

- - - Updated - - -

now my next question was Blackhand or Flamebenders trinket? Lol finally snagged one on a bonus roll off flame last night. Not too impressed even though its a flat 28XX Mastery for 10 sec with 0 ramp time! The static STR is just too low
    Filthy Casual

TLDR what you want for BIS Unholy is Vial and Forgemaster's. This focuses single target damage and isn't too far behind in terms of stacking mastery for aoe damage.

However, once stuff is on farm you would likely want Vial+Horn for ranking purposes, since Mastery is the aoe stat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    TLDR what you want for BIS Unholy is Vial and Forgemaster's. This focuses single target damage and isn't too far behind in terms of stacking mastery for aoe damage.

However, once stuff is on farm you would likely want Vial+Horn for ranking purposes, since Mastery is the aoe stat.
    ty max <3

wish the horn had more STR on it though
    Filthy Casual