Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The biggest complain is the pack always has 4 common + 1 rare. (I wonder Blizzard nerfed recently.)
    The legendary/epic drop rate is not as high as some people claimed.

It is a big waste of time/money on this game.
    I feel sorry for the people who spend $20-$50 and expect to get a "full" experience.

By the way, that 100 gold quest doesn't show up any more.
    It is replaced by the "watch a game".
    I got the 100g quest last week.
    Although I seem to be completing a LOT of 40g quests, even after the daily reroll.

Deleted
    The biggest complain is the pack always has 4 common + 1 rare. (I wonder Blizzard nerfed recently.)

I feel sorry for the people who spend $20-$50 and expect to get a "full" experience.

It does show up but it is extremely rare. Once per two months or something like that. But yeah I have recently gotten 4 40 gold quests in a row (even after reroll). Also I have gotten around 10 cobalt guardians from packs since GvG released but a host of other rares not even once. I also got 3x murloc epic. I could be just unluck but it is common for companies to tamper with rewards, especially with mobile games.

It is replaced by the "watch a game"
    Holy misinformation batman! Let's not take your bias as truth. Although I must thank you, I opened a pack just to see if I got 4 commons - 1 rare, I'm not the proud owner of Gahz'rilla; so 3 commons, 1 rare, and 1 legendary.

This is mostly why i cant bother with this game. The prizes are too damn low to be fun. And the cost for everything is also fucking high.
    I only really play to collect the card backs, been using the same hunter deck since before naxx came out and been working fine so screw it. I just cant bother doing those quests or arena with amount of randomness it takes to lose a match so easily.

Still love the game though just wished the gold prizes were a bit higher os I could atleast buy a damn booster pack every couple of days atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by manikku View Post
    This is mostly why i cant bother with this game. The prizes are too damn low to be fun. And the cost for everything is also fucking high.
    I only really play to collect the card backs, been using the same hunter deck since before naxx came out and been working fine so screw it. I just cant bother doing those quests or arena with amount of randomness it takes to lose a match so easily.

Still love the game though just wished the gold prizes were a bit higher os I could atleast buy a damn booster pack every couple of days atleast.
    You can buy a booster pack every couple of days... The absolutely lowest gold prize is 40 gold per daily. You likely will get the 10 gold prize per 3 wins with each one or close to it. So bare minimum you should be getting 80-100g every 2 days. Usually this would be higher with higher gold reward quests...

I can afford to play an arena a day each day pretty much all the time.
    The worst case scenario, which is 3 wins for me, means I need like 100g for the new arena, which may actually take 2 days. Except if I get a 60g quest, then I need 7 additional wins to get to 100.
    But more often than not I do more than 3 and then I only need 50-60g for the new arena, and this is covered by the daily quest. And occasionally, when I get a class that I can play, and a good deck, I get much more gold, enough to cover the arena fees for a while.
    And I'm not considered a good arena player. Good arena players not only don't need the daily quest, but they earn more gold than they invest in it.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2015-05-11 at 06:47 PM.

That's...about normal for any TCG. I mean, Magic has like, what, 8 basic, 5 Whatever the stupid silver icon is, 1 rare, and a land.
    Yu-gi-oh has always had just 1 rare per pack.

Sounds like your complaint is about the 4 commons a pack if anything, like that should be higher.

Also like others have said, no quests have been replaced.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2015-05-11 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's...about normal for any TCG. I mean, Magic has like, what, 8 basic, 5 Whatever the stupid silver icon is, 1 rare, and a land.
    10 common, 3 uncommon, 1 rare (with a 1:8 chance of being replaced with a mythic rare), 1 land
    A premium card ("foil", equiv of golden) has a chance (roughly in every 6th or 7th pack) to replace 1 common, regardless of its quality. Never two-in-one pack.
    Hearthstone has it good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yup.

The game is not free to play, it's free to lose.

Whoever is entering the game with the idea of figuring out if it's fun or not without paying is looking at several months worth of grind until they can stand a chance at all.
    as someone who did spend months, no
    only chance is that u disenchant all extra cards and focus on one class to get a pre-built deck like control warrior etc, only then u can actually play and compete
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yup.

The game is not free to play, it's free to lose.

Whoever is entering the game with the idea of figuring out if it's fun or not without paying is looking at several months worth of grind until they can stand a chance at all.
    Both rda and the one above : ...Wrong.

I know a dude of 54 who invested zero Euro and he is pretty much hooked on the game.

For 5 months now he just does his daily quests and only plays in Ranked mode. Despite having no cards at first he still manages to go to Rank 16 or so at the end of the season and he levels all his classes at the same time. They are now all around 34 I believe...

The tric is to stay in ranked play and eventually you'll always win almost as much as you loose.

I am still sitting at 10 K Gold myself and having the latest pve expansion done with Gold, I did a test and tried to start on the US servers with no Gold or money and it works ... You just play around Rank 20 and it works.

Just playing a daily quest and doing some casual fights like 3-5 a day will give you more and more cards.

Easy to test it yourself btw: the tric is staying at your Rank so your win/loss is always around 50% or close after a while.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2015-05-11 at 10:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the more cards we get into the card pool, the easier it will be for newer players. Hear me out. More cards = more deck types that will open up over time. We see examples of something new being tried with each expansion/adventure, and we tend to get at least one new competitive deck suddenly becoming FOTM. Once we have a huge staple of competitive decks that have been crafted over time, that will open up more options for newer players to focus on what they want to build in a deck. Rather than feeling like they are shoe horned into building one of only a few decks, they will then have options. If you truly enjoy the game, then playing it in order to get more cards isn't that big of a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

I only play maybe 10 games per week tops... I wish I could try out some legendary cards but mostly when I'm looking for popular winning decks I'm looking for budget decks costing 700 dust or less. Mostly just use a default priest deck though lol it gets me a couple wins I need otherwise i just play with the default decks for whatever class i have quests for

I don't get the idea that FTP = bad cards.
    The time frame between each expansion is enough to get all the cards of the expansion just by doing the daily quests.
    The game was released 15 months ago, which means that if you get 2k per month, you have 30 000 gold. If we remove Naxx and BRM, you get 23 000 gold, which is basically 230 packs.
    230 packs will give you enough dust from duplicates alone to craft at least several legendaries, not considering the 11-12 legendaries that you get normally and all of the other cards.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2015-05-11 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    10 common, 3 uncommon, 1 rare (with a 1:8 chance of being replaced with a mythic rare), 1 land
    A premium card ("foil", equiv of golden) has a chance (roughly in every 6th or 7th pack) to replace 1 common, regardless of its quality. Never two-in-one pack.
    Hearthstone has it good.
    Did they change that? I thought you can get a rare, and a shiny rare. At least my first pack had some rare, and a shiny planeswalker.
    But yeah, other than that, only one rare ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Did they change that? I thought you can get a rare, and a shiny rare. At least my first pack had some rare, and a shiny planeswalker.
    But yeah, other than that, only one rare ever.
    The "shiny" thingy is the premium card. So every ~6.5th pack has a premium card.
    Then every 15th of those are a rare. And every 8th of those is a mythic. And maybe every 4th of those is a planeswalker.
    That is referred to as being "very, very lucky indeed". :P
    The rare (or every 8th replaced by a mythic), you will always have. But only one common in every 6.5 packs is replaced with a premium card that can be any rarity (more rare being, well, more rare) - and only one in that pack can be replaced.
    In hearthstone, it's possible to get multi-legendary, multi-golden et c.
    Meaning http://i.imgur.com/ynQ1iAz.png for instance.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2015-05-12 at 06:54 PM.