7+ Year Old Account

How do you play these heroes? Hero questions

Reaching a plateau on ranked and trying to get better to reach 1.

I am mainly a utility player, i dont have 1 hero I focus on I play almost all with varying degrees of effectiveness. Also this is from a solo pug perspective, I realize some heroes will shine more in very synchronized game play.

Still, there are several heroes (or talent choices) I just do not feel comfortable with and I was wondering if people here might be able to share some insight:

Thrall - I do not feel like this hero strengthens my team (with me playing him I mean) - My experience is most teams have 2-3 ranged assassins/quasi assassins that will not allow thrall to even get into melee to deal damage. Basically - if I win with thrall I am pretty sure I would have won with anything, not that thrall made any difference. My feeling on this guy is only play him if you have a tanky team and are not playing against heavy range.
    I have played various builds, but just doesnt feel strong.

Tychus - I am O.K. with tychus but I have never used the laser drill ult but have seen it used very effectively by other Tychus' - how do you use this ult properly in team fights and versus siege?

Tyreal - my lowest level hero, I have seen rank 1 players top/near top hero dmg with this guy but I have no idea how to properly play him. Is he more a zerg/burst hero - aka. teleport in/ult charge in get a kill then retreat - I typically play chen/diablo/etc. and I feel like playing tyreal as I play those 3 does not work well and my damage is not anything to brag about. Just looking for general tips on this guy. Also - as far as picks, does Tyreal really counter anything to make picking him good vs another tank like diablo?

ETC - I noticed some of the heroes of the dorm using stage dive - how do you use this ult effectively? I have only ever used Mosh which is obviously really strong vs most teams.

Thanks in advance for any help

7+ Year Old Account
    Thrall: His only real strong build is Windfury, which requires wading into the melee and setting yourself up to get CC'd and subsequently murdered. Sundering is a fantastic heroic for displacing and interrupting, so try firing it to separate Assassins and other priority targets. With good Support (and a solid Warrior leading), Thrall should be able to pounce on CC'd targets and burst them down.

Tychus: Laser is most effective at a large, defensible point (like a temple on Sky Temple). Keeping it safe is the key to success with the laser.

Tyrael: He's not as durable as other Warriors, so he specializes (like Thrall) in displacing and focusing down a target. He's really good against a team populated by squishy Assassins like Jaina.

ETC: If Stage Dive hits, it slows and does decent damage. It's also handy for a quick teleport to location like a tribute or temple spawn. Both it and Mosh Pit require good follow up play from your team to make the most of it.

1. Thrall.

Build: http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talen...or/thrall#djpK
    At level 1 you pick Block if they have heroes which deal a lot of damage with AA's. These are pretty much Illidan, Thrall, Valla, Nova, Sgt. Hammer, Raynor, Zagara, Tassadar and possibly Falstad. Otherwise I'd go for Rolling Thunder. At level 20 you get Nexus Blades or Bolt, depending on what you need. Never pick the ult upgrade, it sucks. The only reason to ever pick that is to interrupt Abathur backdoors.

In lane you want to wittle the enemy down with Chain Lightning. Don't bother clearing the waves, Thrall's waveclear is ass. Wittle down the enemy and set them up for a gank or rip them a new one if they overextend at low HP. This makes him pretty good at 1v1 laning. For team fights you just want to wait until chaos erupts, or create it yourself through Sundering, and then running in with WF, root a target and blow him up. The better your enemies, the worse Thrall will get, as he is very easy to blow up. If the enemy team knows how to keep their distance or how to focus burst, you're gonna feel very powerless as Thrall and that's the reason why he's one of the weakest Assassins in the game atm.

2. Tychus.

You use the laser drill to defend objectives. Put it in a location where it won't get blown up but is still in range to deal damage. It's pretty much a pocket Sgt. Hammer, and it requires your team to not be idiots and fight outside of its range. I would never use it to siege unless you're gonna get a guaranteed keep or burn down an enemy boss so one of your teammates can MULE up the damage on buildings that would've otherwise been destroyed without the extra laser dps.

3. Tyrael.

The only reason for using Tyrael over other warriors is to blow up a single squishy target. That's why he works in competetive games but not so much in solo queue, as there's no way to really communicate with your team on who you're gonna judge and thus who they should nuke and save their CD's for. Don't know what build you are using, but this is the one most competetive players use: http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talen...or/tyrael#o10l

4. ETC.

You use Stage Dive so you can farm XP on the opposite side of the map and Stage Dive into team fights, very much like you would with Brightwing. You can also use it in team fights to initiate. It slows down the enemy team which makes it harder for them to get away and easier for the rest of your team to kill them and land skill shots.