Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by SogPig View Post
    "How can something this little shit this much?" is never an acceptable thing to say when this chick your dating asks you to change her baby's diaper.
    Oh no, I said that before...she got mad, so I made her a cape, and said "there, now you're SUPER mad".

OT: no OP, the reality is, all babies under 6 months are crying to let you know they are considering murdering you in the night, leaving the country and joining a jihad.
    We know because google translate now handles baby language in 420,000 dialects...
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Vea Lea View Post
    i read on another page if you dont go to a a baby screaming they can think that they have been left to die if nobody is coming to them when they are screaming

is it true? how can people leave a baby screaming if this is true?
    Not true. And the sound of a crying baby is... different from other sounds when it is your child.

You hear it clear as a bell, over any other sound regardless of volume and it irritates. The most distressing tone you ever heard- to the point of madness.

It's an instinct to get us to not leave are large headed babies around. Hearing other babies cry means nothing. Totally nothing- a slight irritation at worst. Your own child is the worst sound you will ever hear and the urge to make it stop immediately is huge.

That trick of child rearing is what gives rise to the baby crying myth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think I could make a good living developing and selling muzzles for babies and other small children, but everyone I propose my business plan to dont seem to have the same opinion.

The screaming and crying is why I don't want to have kids. At all. I can barely go into Walmart or the grocery store without losing my mind. My mom didn't let me cry it out, but she did that with my younger siblings. There's a big enough gap (8 and 11 years) that I remember the screaming vividly. And since their rooms were right next to mine.

Well, I don't like screaming children.

But it varies based on cry. My mom could tell after a while when we needed something, and when we didn't. All I could hear was -BABYSCREAMINGBLOODYMURDER-, but my mom would be like... 'Kid's hungry, brb.' And sure enough... they both would be. And at 26... I still don't want kids. Ever.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SogPig View Post
    "How can something this little shit this much?" is never an acceptable thing to say when this chick your dating asks you to change her baby's diaper.
    Weird, I say that pretty much every time I change my baby's diaper... I mean really, where do they keep it!?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    The screaming and crying is why I don't want to have kids. At all. I can barely go into Walmart or the grocery store without losing my mind. My mom didn't let me cry it out, but she did that with my younger siblings. There's a big enough gap (8 and 11 years) that I remember the screaming vividly. And since their rooms were right next to mine.

Well, I don't like screaming children.

But it varies based on cry. My mom could tell after a while when we needed something, and when we didn't. All I could hear was -BABYSCREAMINGBLOODYMURDER-, but my mom would be like... 'Kid's hungry, brb.' And sure enough... they both would be. And at 26... I still don't want kids. Ever.
    It's different when it's your own for sure. I still really can't stand children and babies. I have my own and I love him and nothing he does is the kind of brain stabbing irritation that other babies or children do (for me anyways, he probably irritates other people) but yea, I still find every other baby and child on the planet to be extremely annoying. Just not mine. Mine is awesome.

Like a PP posted above something about your own baby is totally built in, an instinct to hear them, respond to them, understand that this cry means "I'm hungry" and this cry means "I'm tired" and this scary ass cry that is an instant heart attack means "I'm hurt or scared" and this cry is just that baby doesn't want to have his nap. Nothing at all wrong except that he's expected to lay his ass down and nap.

They cry and poop, it's like their job description. They are also big on eating and sleeping.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

i read on another page if you dont go to a a baby screaming they can think that they have been left to die if nobody is coming to them when they are screaming

is it true? how can people leave a baby screaming if this is true?
    A babies brain doesn't have physiologic maturity to rationalize such a concept yet. Babies are very basic in brain function.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, maybe, yeah, but let's not forget: babies are stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well, maybe, yeah, but let's not forget: people are stupid.
    All better now.

Really, you start out shitting your pants, crying and waiting for someone else to clean it up. Most of us will end our lives...shitting our pants, crying and waiting for someone else to clean it up. #circleoflifeandstuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

how can people leave their babies like that then?
    Because if you leave them be they'll stop throwing tantrums and crying for no reason faster.

I saw it on Desperate Housewives which is where I get all my parenting tips.