Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    1. HOLLY FUCK THE VOICES ARE BAD. Srz, why are they so crap....Only Vegata is any good.

2. Why is quillen (that little bald guy) so different from DBZ kinda? And many other characters seems off aswell, not just the voicing.

3. The story seems way to silly. I cant get serious about that.

It just all seems wierd and poor.
    If it's like the movies it's more a hybrid of DB and DBZ then straight up DBZ

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    If you think that was, wait till RoF. I haven't seen the latest movie, except for the full fight scenes that are available on youtube, so i may miss something, but when i saw the reasoning behind Freezas defeat, i was like "....Are you serious?"

Uhm spoilers below?

They spend a few minutes back and forth fighting in normal form then Goku goes god form and Freeza Golden Form. At some point, when Vegeta is about to have is turn, Goku just whines that he wants in now that found Freeza's weakness aka not having full control of his new form.
    That sounds REALLY inaccurate and doesn't cover half of the fight

Don't know if its been mentioned before, but since GT is not canon, and Toriyama basically tossed it out, why the hell is Pilaf a kid? He wasn't changed until the black star dragon balls in GT!

Ever since i watch battle of the gods something has bothered me.

Does anyone know why the number of wishes shenron(fail spelling i bet) grants went back down to 1?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post

Does anyone know why the number of wishes shenron(fail spelling i bet) grants went back down to 1?
    Pretty sure the wishes depend on who made the dragon and how big they are. Wasn't it only on Namek that they could do 3 wishes or they did make a bigger version for Earth as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Pretty sure the wishes depend on who made the dragon and how big they are. Wasn't it only on Namek that they could do 3 wishes or they did make a bigger version for Earth as well?
    It was 2 at the end of cell saga and all of buu saga

2 wishes in RoF as well, Im thinking because of the nature of the wish and the fact that Beerus was there making him nervous Shenron might have forgot about the 2nd wish.

Spelling's fine. Shenron in Japan, Shenlong in the US dub.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was 2 at the end of cell saga and all of buu saga

If I remember the balls that Kami made could only produce one wish. Once Dende took over his balls were able to make 3 wishes. (2 if many people were revived.)

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dende

Later after Piccolo's fusion with Kami, Dende is teleported from New Namek to Earth at Goku's request to take Kami's vacant position. It is at this point that Dende is truly acquainted with Goku, having only caught a brief glimpse of him on Namek. Dende is able to recreate the Earth's Dragon Balls, that had been powerless after Kami was fused with Piccolo, and grants Shenron the ability to grant three wishes (two if one wish is used to wish back to life a large amount of people).

10+ Year Old Account

It's back to 2 in Resurrection F - seems like that instance in Battle of Gods where he grants the one wish and then departs was just a continuity error.

Though personally, I prefer the idea that Shenron was simply scared of Beerus and just took off without granting the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    It's back to 2 in Resurrection F - seems like that instance in Battle of Gods where he grants the one wish and then departs was just a continuity error.

Though personally, I prefer the idea that Shenron was simply scared of Beerus and just took off without granting the second one.
    Yeah. Thats what it looks like now.
    It's still funny and odd seeing shenron scared

10+ Year Old Account
    wasn't it because they had no other wish? or was it mentioned only in the extended edition? But I remember him asking for the 2nd wish and then they said they don't really have another one so they dismissed him. At least that's how I remember it :-?

Mind you this was in the subbed version, since I refuse to watch the dubbed one.

edit: I'm gonna rewatch the scene soon and come back with a sure answer

edit2: Nah I was wrong, yeah he only granted that one wish, and disappeared, seemed like because of fear of Beerus
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2015-08-31 at 11:03 AM.

Deleted
    Was really hoping they would not do the "½ an episode to power up while sounding like you have to take a really big shit and twitching your fingers" thing in this new series. Sadface

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That's actually the other way around, no?
    ... That is possible.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It is He's originally called Shenlong but for the dubs he is called Shenron. Or if you've ever seen the Harmony Gold dub of Dragon Ball, he was just called Dragon God xD

This has to do with how they pronounce R's and L's.

Durarara is pronounced Dulalala

Another example is Kirara from Inyuasha. Which is also pronounced Kilala

Is it even being developed by the original producers of the show? This seems like an attempt to cash in on nostalgia and historical franchise status. ("This is the long awaited reboot to a very much beloved series from thirty years ago!")

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...another ep ruined by bad animation.

The ascending scene was more epic here than in the movie tbh Or was it the same? Anyway, next ep they gonna battle, and the ep after that they will finish, lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Is it even being developed by the original producers of the show? This seems like an attempt to cash in on nostalgia and historical franchise status. ("This is the long awaited reboot to a very much beloved series from thirty years ago!")
    It's same company, but it's quality fall down so bad it's no longer even funny
    (watch sailormoon remake or Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold)

They used most of their resources on Precure(Pretty Cure) anime....

.....if only they give dragon ball super to other people like ufotable

DBMZ sucks... same crap over and over again. Nothing but people screaming in constipation, and always that next 'stronger level' person that conveniently attacks after the heroes raise their powers.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2015-09-06 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually liked the transformation scene from the tv series compared to the movie... the entire thing with clouds and the seasons, and so on. The problem I did have, was with videl... as I never truly liked her, and the fact that it emanated from her fetus first... I hate Pan mainly because of GT, so its showing here... sorry... But it also makes sense why it would start with her first... since she is the purest of heart to begin with. I am sad they didnt say anything about Tarble.