windwalker rotation help

i play on burning blade im a lvl 677 WW monk and i cant seem to hit as I should, ive tried guides icy veins, noxxic etc. if someone who isnt busy and wants to set up a meeting to spec me and watch my rotation and see what im doing right/wrong id appreciate it.

You should grab logs from a single target raid boss (Gruul, Butcher, whatever), even just in LFR, and post those to the "fix my monk" thread. That will include a lot more information about what you are doing than just watching you, and is the best way to get help with this sort of problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    You should grab logs from a single target raid boss (Gruul, Butcher, whatever), even just in LFR, and post those to the "fix my monk" thread. That will include a lot more information about what you are doing than just watching you, and is the best way to get help with this sort of problem.
    how do i get a hold of these logs

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashak View Post
    how do i get a hold of these logs
    htt ps: //www .warcraftlogs.c om/rankings/character/8384055/latest/
    htt ps: //www .warcraftlogs.c om/rankings/character/8384055/7/#boss=0
    htt ps: //www .warcraftlogs.c om/rankings/character/8384055/6/#boss=0

Here are all your logs, you can click on the dps under the chart to go to the more detailed log information

This wowprogres link is also interesting to look at when you're a bit more serious in raiding
    htt ps: //www .wowprogress.c om/character/us/burning-blade/Hashak
    (There is a quick link to the armory behind your character name)

The first tip i have is to check your stats, the current monk stats prio is agi > multi > haste > crit > vers > mastery.
    Currently you have a lot of mastery, and not much haste..

You can compare your item with my items here:
    htt ps: //www .wowprogress.c om/character/eu/twisting-nether/Brewfasa
    (there is a quick link to the armory behind my character name)

(remove the spaces in the link, im still stuck on the low post count so i couldn't post them normally... but #rebel (mod can make them normally if they want to verify them for me))
    Last edited by mmoc77fbe947bc; 2015-04-29 at 11:02 AM.

Looking at Kromog since its the closest to a single target I saw in your logs, I see a point where TP is down and you pop TEB/FoF. TP should really be up more than 98% of the time and your uptime was 86%. I see some periods where FoF is off CD but not being used, based on a 5:35 fight length you could have 13 but with how that fight works specifically 12 is probably more likely while you had 9. Your first Serenity is 45s into the fight, due to the fight length this didn't cost you a Serenity but had the fight gone on a little longer you would have given up a Serenity. You seem to be doing well at TEB/FoF, for the pairing with Serenity you delayed about 8 seconds from the end of the FoF which caused 6 of the 10 seconds of your Serenity to be outside of TEB. In this fight you had 8 stacks of TEB from your opener going into that FoF and 8 stacks of TEB by the next FoF which you popped Serenity with the delay after, if you had popped Serenity immediately after the first FoF you would have been at 10 stacks of TEB for your next FoF.

Looking at your Butcher log, there's a few simple issues. Your RSK debuff and tiger palm buff are falling off more than they really should. Those don't explain all of your lacking DPS, but they're easy ways to bump it up a little.

It also looks like you're not really timing your tigereye brew that well. The general rule is to use it with trinkets or at 16+ stacks. You should be able to get a 5+ stack tigereye brew very quickly on the pull with chi brew. Here's what your opener should be:

-Start with 4+ chi
    -Tiger Palm
    -Rising Sun Kick
    -Chi Brew x2 (use a Blackout Kick if you have 4 chi after the first Chi Brew)
    -Tigereye Brew
    -Fists of Fury
    -Serenity
    -Spam the fuck out of Blackout Kick and Rising Sun Kick during Serenity

You're also being a bit too eager with spending your chi. Energy regeneration is slow enough that you can afford to sit around for 3 seconds waiting for RSK or FoF to come off cooldown. I noticed a few times where you let the RSK debuff to fall off because you were using BoK too much.

Lastly, you're not being fast enough with using Chi Wave on cooldown. During Serenity that's fine, but you regularly had 30 second periods between casts. You could have easily had almost twice as many casts.

That's what I noticed from the logs, I may have missed some things.