Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What are you even supposed to do with these? Still pop fiend when list goes up for hasted damage? Try and precast fiend so it expires during lust and we get MS during list? Half and half? Try and time fiend to expire as the boss hits 20% so we get MS boosted SWDs?

And what about the start of the fight? Should we fiend on some critter so we get the MS with our prepot? The multistrike thing better be placeholder.

Deleted
    It is garbage design, I hope the 4P gets changed altogether, but if it has to be so, put the freaking buff when SF/MB is used, not after... Who gets a delayed power up on their cds, and who is dumb enough to even try this kind of thing?

I hope they change it. I would much rather enjoy a 4pc bonus that I can micro-manage

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisk View Post
    I hope they change it. I would much rather enjoy a 4pc bonus that I can micro-manage
    Like:

/cast Shadowfiend
    /petdismiss

?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Like:

/cast Shadowfiend
    /petdismiss

?
    Yeah, a true pinnacle of game design, dismissing a burst to gain buff, yay.... no.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

What burst? The 120k from Shadowfiend? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard45 View Post
    What burst? The 120k from Shadowfiend? XD
    I'm sorry, but considering to what shadow priest community says, as well as blizzard devs, shadowfiend is our burst skill.

I realy dont understand why the community thinks this is a burst cd. I do more dmg with 2 crits from MB then one full Shadowfiend :/

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard45 View Post
    I realy dont understand why the community thinks this is a burst cd. I do more dmg with 2 crits from MB then one full Shadowfiend :/
    Yeah I was confused as well, when we were discussing a topic about shadow priest being unique damage dealer who has no dps cd.

we used to have a single target DPS CD in cata, but it got removed for MoP. curious that we were consistently terrible single target for that whole stupid expac.

I'm totally fine with shadowfiend turning into an actual dps cd, but I don't understand why it's giving us multistrike when that isn't a stat we're really interested in. like if it was haste, it'd still not be as good as crit, but you could say oh hey that's our 'attuned' stat and it's what blizzard thinks we want to stack so yeah sure that makes sense. it would also give us slightly better orb gen on pull.

I wish they'd just have sfiend melees give orbs, or something else that makes ST progression pulls less awful. either that or fill T18 with respawning critters and target dummy furniture a-la ToT and SoO.

It's because our class design is a jumbled mess, and they can't give us any other stat without it being really good for one talent setup and terrible for the others. If it's Crit then AS scaling becomes even more ridiculous; if it's mastery then COP becomes a no-brainer; it can't be haste because we're already crashing into the haste soft cap so god damn often it would just be ludicrous.

Either it's Versatility, and then it becomes blindingly obvious that they're giving us a lame duck stat, or they give us Multistrike and hope the confusion lasts long enough for Priest Apathy to set in.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    It's because our class design is a jumbled mess, and they can't give us any other stat without it being really good for one talent setup and terrible for the others. If it's Crit then AS scaling becomes even more ridiculous; if it's mastery then COP becomes a no-brainer; it can't be haste because we're already crashing into the haste soft cap so god damn often it would just be ludicrous.

Either it's Versatility, and then it becomes blindingly obvious that they're giving us a lame duck stat, or they give us Multistrike and hope the confusion lasts long enough for Priest Apathy to set in.
    Eh. Doubtful.

Deleted
    Item - Priest T18 Shadow 4P Bonus: When your Shadowfiend or Mindbender expires, you gain Mind Harvest for until cancelled secPremonition, increasing your Multistrike chance by 25% for 15 sec.

Just been added to Wowhead: http://www.wowhead.com/news=247440/6...nuses-and-more

At least somebody at Blizzard loaded up their untouched, boosted level 90 Shadow Priest long enough to notice we already had a spell effect called Mind Harvest, and changed the name of the 4 piece.

These set bonuses are extremely lame

It might be better to cast shadowfiend like 20 secs before pull (if it doesnt pull boss) to get more dmg on pullburst! :-D

/sarcasm off

Deleted
    So we'll have a 1 minute CD on Shadowfiend and 40 second CD on Mindbender

Definitely worth it to just /Pet dismiss at pull to get the 25% buff during Hero/pot.

Hmm. Kind of boring. Probably actually fairly strong, considering that you'll get very high uptime on a 25% multistrike buff. Think the general consensus is that people prefer to have a set bonus that actually changes something in terms of your playstyle (such as how t17 2pc changed your rotation, and how t17 4pc could be micromanaged a bit). Potentially the buff could line up with all of your trinket procs and be crazy good, or never line up and be meh.

I'd love to see some sims for the expected dps increase with 0/2/4pc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    Hmm. Kind of boring. Probably actually fairly strong, considering that you'll get very high uptime on a 25% multistrike buff. Think the general consensus is that people prefer to have a set bonus that actually changes something in terms of your playstyle (such as how t17 2pc changed your rotation, and how t17 4pc could be micromanaged a bit). Potentially the buff could line up with all of your trinket procs and be crazy good, or never line up and be meh.

I'd love to see some sims for the expected dps increase with 0/2/4pc.
    Yeah. Definitely room to "game" this 4 piece bonus though. Lining it up with burst phases etc.