Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    To what, chess?
    Dangit, you stole my reply!

On topic: I'm a competitive omnivore. As long as there is an understandable set of rules, and I am able to tell the difference between good and bad performance, I watch any competitive event. E-sports are my favourites, simply because the seasons aren't limited by weather, and it is easier for me as a gamer to understand the terms and tactics.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    I filled out the survey, some feedback on it:

Avoid answers like your "All the time, it's my favourite hobby" as an answer to do you watch e-sports? Pick neutral answers such as. No, never./A couple of times a year/Couple of times per month/every week. I watch competitive league on a weekly basis, but it sure as hell isn't my favourite hobby so I won't check that box. You just got an untrue answer because how the question was asked and the answers I am able to choose from. There were a couple of questions that had this problem.
    This.
    While I tend to watch some things on a weekly basis. I more often than not have them running like I would most sport events I watch. In the background while I do something else unless it's an important game.

Game between Columbia and Ivory Coast in a group Sweden isn't in during the Football WC (soccer), running to the side while doing other shit. Mens high jump during the Olympics with a Swede a chance of winning? I'm watching that shit or die trying.
    About the same with E-sports. Random game in a tournament? I might have it on in the background. Important game with a team/player I care for? I'm watching that shit.

Again I appreciate all your feedback, but I am not being marked on the quality of my survey. I just to need some basic information from this lovely community to write up into an essay, so whatever you put that is the closest to the answer you desire is fine with me

Deleted
    Filled the survey

The only esport I watch is CSGO, and only if there's a tournament going

I find it entertaining.
    With the Twitch chat on the side I can voice my opinion instantly, and read others.
    I have my favorite player and favorite team.
    And it's nice to hear the casters go crazy when cool shit goes down.

To people saying it's not a sport, you're right. It's an E-Sport

Grow up Harriet

Extremely rare for me to watch E-Sports, not the competitive mindset to care for it.

Deleted
    Counter-strike on HLTV is awesome.

I originally did not and found it stupid. Part of it may have come from a more conservative, athletic background, but as with sports, my appreciation of the game which is typically through involvement makes me less irrationally opposed to the sport and viewing it.

Deleted
    Only Starcraft.

Hearthstone is boring to watch. DOTA is even more boring. And I don't watch arenas because I don't understand a damn thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only starcraft 2 for now.

Hearthstone is meh, i´m looking forward to hots and that new game blizzard has going. And well, wow is just awefull.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I'm well over watching other people play video game.
    Last edited by maiyingxi; 2015-04-29 at 08:32 AM.

AOE2 but mostly just trough youtube videos.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loganess View Post
    No.

Your poll believes NZ doesn't exist.

Can't get past the very first page.
    Oh, hi.

Deleted
    Watching other people do any activity is retarded beyond belief, that goes for any sport.

I could see watching the best of the best compete once a year being fun, other then that I find it a stupid concept.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Did the survey, short answer: Hell no.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    E-sports are even stupider to me than watching real sports personally. At least with real sports you would have to leave you house, get equipment, and find other people to play with you for it to be fun, so you just stay inside and watch other people play while relaxing... but for the games that e-sports players play, you could just as easily play yourself with such little effort.
    Both are the same, there is no difference between watching a real sport or watching a game.

Quote Originally Posted by maiyingxi View Post
    I'm well over watching other people play video game.
    You don't have to watch anything you don't like.

I watch both sports and e-sports, each have their own fun.
    Last edited by Xjev; 2015-04-29 at 12:27 PM.

If it's exciting enough to watch someone else play, it's exciting enough for me to play. And since I have a PC, why would I watch some other jackass playing a game when I could actually be playing it myself?

TLDR:No, I don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Besides one is a game on a computer and one is in real life.

But besides that HUGE difference, no, there is no difference at all. :P
    Both are real life, your both just looking at shit using nothing but your eyes. Any other difference is fiction that you make up to make yourself feel better about something you do.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    If it's exciting enough to watch someone else play, it's exciting enough for me to play. And since I have a PC, why would I watch some other jackass playing a game when I could actually be playing it myself?

TLDR:No, I don't.
    Because I have neither the time nor the will to sink 4-12 hours daily into one game to become one of the best in the world at it. Thus I watch people who do.
    Same no matter if the game is Football, Rugby or a computer game.

Deleted
    No, but then again I also don't watch any traditional sports.

Personally I concider it a waste of (my) time to watch others do something instead of doing it (or something else) yourself.