A fungus among us?

Is this achievement really hard now, I remember progressing on brack and it was really easy to get 20+ stacks. After trying to do it tonight with my guild it seemed damn near impossible

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? what issues are you facing? Wait until there's plenty of moss, stand between 2 patches, run to the middle so you'd be between 4, turn on flame, rotate to get all 4, stop it asap, move to the next 4, easy...

I remember getting to 30+ stacks, I struggle to get to 12

Deleted
    Nothing has changed with the moss friend, like Urok said wait for alot of moss and stagger out the flamer this only generates 9 fuel at a time if i believe, call for external speed increases if you're a slow class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrile View Post
    Nothing has changed with the moss friend, like Urok said wait for alot of moss and stagger out the flamer this only generates 9 fuel at a time if i believe, call for external speed increases if you're a slow class.
    That's not correct, they did nerf how the flamethrower worked. Prior to that nerf people could build up way higher stacks than is possible now. I believe the nerf was that now when you toggle the flamethrower on and off, you gain a minimum number of heat whereas pre-nerf that wasn't the case so there was a macro you could use to do many tiny bursts of flame and build up a ton of stacks without overheating.

It is more difficult to do now, but not impossible, it just takes some getting used to. I'd never used the flamethrowers prior to trying the achievement, and I got it on my 3rd attempt. Just watch a video or two to see how they maximize what they get - it basically comes down to waiting until later in the fight so there's enough moss up, then doing short bursts while spinning in a complete circle. You might have to build up to 10 or 11 stacks, wait for it to cool back down (you'll still have a few stacks of the buff) and then get it on that 2nd go.