Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Gold rewared to be removed from Mythic Raid Missions

Garrison Missions
    Changes

Black Forge: A strike against the Foundry could cripple the war machinery of the Iron Horde. Our forces await your command.
    Reward removed: 1,000
    Blackhand's Crucible: A strike against the Foundry could cripple the war machinery of the Iron Horde. Our forces await your command.
    Highmaul Raid: The time for a critical assault on Highmaul is at hand. To victory!
    Highmaul Raid: The time for a critical assault on Highmaul is at hand. To victory!
    Iron Assembly: A strike against the Foundry could cripple the war machinery of the Iron Horde. Our forces await your command.
    Slagworks: A strike against the Foundry could cripple the war machinery of the Iron Horde. Our forces await your command.
    There goes an extra 8k for those who have followers to counter them and the 1,000g reward...

Deleted
    Error... fun detected...

Either that, or with the new tier and easy catchup to 685 gear... They figured it was going to be too easy for people to get gold from what will be outdated content?

I never did mythic raiding but I guess those who did get to get the gold from it a few more times.

I'm sure its to nerf gold gain since many players are now playing the game basically free due to the token. Can't have people getting gold anymore ya know!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ebius View Post
    Error... fun detected...
    Because it's fun to send your followers on missions, right?
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

It's essentially the garrison equivalent of "Ahead of the Curve." Not sure why this is "removing fun."
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    The new naval HFC mission will propably have the gold reward attached to it.

Makes sense to remove that gold reward from obsolete content missions.

Hopefully no too dramatic gold nerfs on remaining missions. I'm only getting 3-4k highmaul mission once per 2 weeks which isn't even 5% of my garrison gold gain.

Tier 17 itself will likely receive a blanket % nerf once HFC comes out. Throne of Thunder had 20% nerf attached to it once SOO came out - I acquired the Raden Undying achievement with ease (in a pug too!) in November, 2 months after SOO launch. It would become pretty trivial to kill a few easy mythic bosses there to secure yourself huge gold reward for many months to come.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-04-29 at 05:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Either that, or with the new tier and easy catchup to 685 gear... They figured it was going to be too easy for people to get gold from what will be outdated content?
    Where? What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    I'm sure its to nerf gold gain since many players are now playing the game basically free due to the token. Can't have people getting gold anymore ya know!
    This makes no sense. Blizzard makes $5 more per monthly game time when people pay with gold. Why wouldn't they want people to do that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vereeax View Post
    Where? What did I miss?

The Baleful gear (640, BOA) from naval missions is upgraded with a (http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=128225/e...pexis-fragment) that boosts it to 685. Seems very similar to the TI-style upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    It's essentially the garrison equivalent of "Ahead of the Curve." Not sure why this is "removing fun."
    Because anticipating and getting a substantive reward is fun. Getting 1000g every week is substantially more entertaining than getting 100 2-3 times every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I agree. The new T18 raid mission will probably have it.

Not that it should, the amount of free money from garrisons is insane.

Deleted
    haha in you re have face mythic raider s long live raid finder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't blame them at all.
    Was getting SOOOO much money from this it was unreal. Made more money just from garrison missions than I have from all the years of working the AH and grinding.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

You still will. The T17 raid missions were worth maximum 8k gold every 2 weeks.

Each L100 alt with L3 inn/salvage and a bunch of treasure hunters will make >14k gold every 2 weeks. Each alt.

And of course the T18 mythic raid mission will probably reward 1k too, so that's 4k of it back.

Oh well ... realistically would have been too much free gold flowing.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    guess because of wow tokens hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    guess because of wow tokens hmmm?
    No, because tokens just move gold around. Blizzard doesn't care how much gold they sell for, they just want tokens to sell, because they make an extra five bucks on that month's subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Because it's fun to send your followers on missions, right?
    If it's not, why did they put it in the game? I think it's supposed to be fun.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    No, because tokens just move gold around. Blizzard doesn't care how much gold they sell for, they just want tokens to sell, because they make an extra five bucks on that month's subscription.
    Legit gold moved around or stolen gold moved around?