Is the Apexis Crystal Scouting Missive Bugged?

More specifically, when you choose a scouting missive to match your daily apexis crystals quest, do they cause each other to bug out and not work? I had read on a comment on wowhead that doubling them up is a great way to earn fast crystals. I finally had 200 resources to spare last night, and I gave it a shot. I picked up my daily (solo) apexis crystals quest for Skettis. I then grabbed the scouting missive for Skettis for 200 resources, and I went and did the quest. The percentage bar increased as it always does, as I got kills and crushed eggs. When I reached 100%, I got the quest complete noise and the percentage bar went away; however, neither quest updated to complete. Both of them showed 0/1. I tried flying out of the zone and flying back in. I tried logging out and logging back in, and still neither one would complete. On top of that, I was unable to try to complete the quest again, because the percentage bar was no longer tracking my progress. Is this a known issue? Does it only happen for the Skettis quest? I'm reluctant to try it again unless I just had some really poor luck on my first try.

TLDR: Trying to do apexis the crystal daily at the same time as a scouting missive of the same type caused them to both bug out and fail to complete. Is this a common occurrence?

Nope, worked for me last time I did it.

Thanks. I was a little leery about giving it another shot, but I guess I'll give it another go, and just make a bug report for last night.

Been doing it every day for the past week or so, 1600 apexis without fail every day

Deleted
    I rarely do either, but when I do, I always match them and I've never had them bug out on me. So I guess you just got unlucky.