Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    English isn't my first language, so forgive me for misunderstanding at times. And I'm not seeing anything wrong with a joke taking the horror out of an event or exploring the horror. Both of these would fall into the whole "processing horror" thing, as I understand it. Perhaps the "that with that horror" part is causing me to misunderstand further.
    I think you understood Wells's point just fine. Wells just goes back to that concept of "microagressions" which seems like the homeopathic version of wrong doing. Even though there's no evil in the joke it's just somehow still there apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I think you understood Wells's point just fine. Wells just goes back to that concept of "microagressions" which seems like the homeopathic version of wrong doing. Even though there's no evil in the joke it's just somehow still there apparently.
    I never used that word and I've said nothing like that. I'm right here if you want to talk to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit that is probably one of the most idiotic slogans I've ever heard.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The general idea behind rape culture is that we live in a society that diminishes the seriousness and severity of rape in subtle ways. So while we might say "rape is really bad don't rape!" we turn around and make light hearted jokes about prison rape, or police departments cast casual doubt on alleged rape victims. Essentially, that we play lip service to treating it as the horror it is while really acting like something else.

On the issue of jokes, they really should treat violent crimes for what they are, bad things that shouldn't happen, not funny things that maybe should happen or would be funny if they did.
    I don't think I can be convinced that rape culture is a legitimate phenomenon then.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

I think this is hilarious. I don't drink beer but if I can find myself a bottle with that slogan on it you can bet your ass I'll buy one.

Deleted
    how can a beer brand promote something that does not exist?

Yes, this is an actual ad.

The marketing department must've been drinking this because apparently nobody told them no.
    X

10+ Year Old Account
    Dumb people see dumb things in everything. It's the same as saying that "kids, you should always do what you parents tell you to do" perpetuates incest and pedophilia
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-04-30 at 03:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneusprime View Post

Yes, this is an actual ad.
    lol That's just wrong...but I laughed.

Promote rape culture Not at all. What it does is says it will make you have an enjoyable night. I don't know how that comes out to rape culture but hey i'm not an over reacting PC wussy.

Its just saying takes no out of your vocab which means it makes you have a better night because you're open to new things and having a good time. What is so damn hard to understand?
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k