Deleted

Is it possible to beat Blackrock bosses with regular cards?

Hey guys! Decided to buy the first wing of Blackrock Mountain today. I figured it would be fun to figure out how to beat the bosses, and get some cards doing so. The thing is, I only have very basic cards, no legendaries whatsoever for example. I play a few rated matches a week and thought this would be a fun new activity, but now I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

Are the Blackrock Mountain bosses meant for the more hardcore players with better cards? I only tried the first boss once and lost fairly chanceless. Is it just a matter of figuring out the weakness of each boss, or is it simply not meant for casual players like me?

It's possible to do heroics even, although it'll be difficult. I'll redirect you to the efforts of this guy: http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/...ybasic_heroic/

He has more posts for other wings, too, and he's also done Naxx in the past. Enjoy!

Normal mode, definitely. Heroic mode will be rough and even players with tons of cards rely on RNG and drawing the right hand.

Short answer? Yes

Long answer? Yes but dear jesus you'll have to do the fights until you get the PERFECT hand and PERFECT rng

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Normal mode, definitely. Heroic mode will be rough and even players with tons of cards rely on RNG and drawing the right hand.
    Yeah a LOT of bosses people beat 'F2P' they've actually got like 100$ worth of cards in their collection to pull out on a moments notice. Like, I'm stuck on Gluth in Heroic Naxx for instance because I don't have two Ironbreak Owls and there's really not a real way around needing the card for the fight.

As far BRM wing 1, it is doable with cheap cards. Boss 2 and 3 are easy even F2P, Boss 1 you will need to stack the deck with all the starter fatties.

normal mode, definitely. All heroics? doubtful.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how the AI is programmed. When I did the last Paladin class boss from Naxx it felt like there was nothing I could do except wait for a fortunate situation. Then on about the fifteenth try the RNG was finally in my favour and the AI also did something really stupid which allowed me to win.

Normal modes are tuned for people with average collections (maybe even basic collections).

Heroic modes, not so much. However some people HAVE beaten them with basic decks I think. Check Youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.