Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    I mean, you don't hear southerners talk about how much they dislike the north.
    They hate it because the leftist tell them to hate it. I guarantee you none of the people talking shit about the South have never been there. The Southerners I've met have been some of the friendliest people I've ever been around. Whereas you go to the Northern states and people turn into "all knowing" assholes. You wanna know something about people in the North? Watch Jersey Shore. Then compare it to the people on those mountain men shows and survival shows and you'll see the difference.
    When you think of someone from Boston, New York, or New Jersey do you think "kind and friendly"? Hell no. Many tend to be rude, are quick to judge, egotistical, self-righteous, and care only for their own well-being.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'm not even American or ever been to it, but even I know how the southern states of America are deeply held with religious dogma, deep homophobic and racist mentality, with a far stronger white supremacy attitude. It's so well known it's made parody of world wide.
    So you admit to never having been there...and knowing shit about it. Everything else you said is just crazy leftist propaganda. Everyone knows all the real assholes are the snobs that live up North that claim to be better then everybody else. They're so smug they even sniff their own farts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    They're so smug they even sniff their own farts.
    Better than marrying your own sister, only because the cousin ran away.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Was in Florida on Vacation. Decided to drive North into Georgia.

It was like the more North you went the deeper into the Stereotypical South it became.

I was seriously starting to think I was in The Hills Have Eyes or Wrong Turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Right, they just plaster their hate in the form of confederate flags all over their vehicles. If you bring up the subject they'll tell you how much they think Northerners suck though.

What's really interesting is living on the edge of the South. I'm in Northern VA and a TON of people think of themselves as Northerners even though they're most definitely in the South. I've even heard a few of the dumb dumbs who grew up in the area say VA isn't a southern state. This is in an area that's less than an hours drive from Richmond, the capital of the confederacy. *smh*

- - - Updated - - -

I think you were in the wrong part of Florida. There are most assuredly areas of that state that are as southern as Georgia or Alabama. You just get fooled when you're in an area with a ton of tourists into thinking it's not the deep south.
    A good portion of Florida north of Orlando/Tampa contains some seriously backwater areas. The larger towns/cities being exceptions to that, of course (Gainesville, Jax, and Tally come to mind). I'm a Georgia native, so it's not like I'm not familiar with being out in the sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    I mean, you don't hear southerners talk about how much they dislike the north.
    Because a lot of the people in the South are stuck in the 1700's mentality wise. I've been to Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky and Tennessee, and I pretty much had the same experience everywhere. If you don't think like them than they'll dislike you. They pretty much dislike anyone that's not from the South.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Because a lot of the people in the South are stuck in the 1700's mentality wise. I've been to Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky and Tennessee, and I pretty much had the same experience everywhere. If you don't think like them than they'll dislike you. They pretty much dislike anyone that's not from the South.
    Those people you've encountered would be exceptions, not the norm. I'm a native here and have never met anyone that fits that description. Likewise, on my few forays up north, I never met anyone there that just didn't like me because I wasn't from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Was in Florida on Vacation. Decided to drive North into Georgia.

It was like the more North you went the deeper into the Stereotypical South it became.

I was seriously starting to think I was in The Hills Have Eyes or Wrong Turn.
    Went on a trip with some friends once and we got lost in Kentucky, ended up driving along a lot of backroads to try and find out way out... Run-down houses and trailers, fenced-in yards tops with barbed wire, every house we passed flying a Confederate flag, a couple of houses had outhouses...

One of my friends is black and he just kinda slid out of the seat, into the back floorboard, pulled a blanket over himself to hide and said "I'm not here; if we stop for anything, it's just you guys, I'm not here, I don't exist."

We did kinda mess with him at one point, "hey, what's with those guys dressed as ghosts up there? Some kind of party or something?"

Muffled voice from the back floorboard, "DRIVEDRIVEDRIVE GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!"

Deleted
    If it's not from Yorkshire it's shite.