View Poll Results: If you could, would you cure homosexuality?

Voters
216. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it would end suffering.

79 36.57%
  • No, it's not worth the loss.

117 54.17%
  • I honestly don't know.

20 9.26%
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    'not sure it the OP is a troll or a genuine humanitarian, but I'm 100% positive this topic will end in a very predictable fashion.

Also, you don't need to 'fix' something that is not broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Nope at one time I would say make us all the same skin color. But I was real young when I thought that. The problem is with those not accepting those I wish we could cure.
    Simple, start living on Mars. After lots of years everyone would evolve into the same being.
    Nuke Earth.
    ????
    Profit.

i'd redesign humans so that we're only futanari, thus making everyone bisexual, since futas have both penises and vaginas.

Implying homosexuality is like a disease that can be cured.

Deleted
    I don't see why gay people would need a cure, nothing wrong with em.

Also gay bashing is already part of history, only in a few countries it is still a big thing like Russia.
    So not sure what you are trying to improve here..

Deleted
    If we assume sexuality is a purely genetic issue, like OP does.

Then if you have the technology to "cure" homosexuality, you also have the technology to "cure" ignorance and stupidity.

But i bet a lot of people suddenly don't like those "cures" anymore when they/their children have to get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silrhyn View Post
    1) Using the word "cure" is a rather distasteful choice.

2) "genetic" is a lot more complex than that. There are lot fo genetic disorder that we d'ont know how to cure. Also, see epigenetics..
    Homosexuality, like it or not, is caused by an abnormality in the brain. If that abnormality can be bend, fixed, removed or replaced, you `cured` homosexuality, regardless of it being a sickness, medical condition or part of evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'd redesign humans so that we're only futanari, thus making everyone bisexual, since futas have both penises and vaginas.
    As cool as that idea sounds. Chances as we are going to fight over penis length/breast size.

Nope. Cause if it wasn't gays the crazies would pick another group to complain about. Better to fix the crazies that can't accept them.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    Futanari... ?

Use the proper term, "Hermaphrodite".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillysauce View Post
    Implying homosexuality is like a disease that can be cured.
    abnormality in the brain. Not a disease persé but it can be cured.

I'd cure intolerance

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Futanari... ?

Use the proper term, "Hermaphrodite".
    That's... not what futanari is...

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    As cool as that idea sounds. Chances as we are going to fight over penis length/breast size.
    well, we'd still have different races, always got race to kill each over.

and beerwolf, i think that's basically what futa means, only most hentai futas can have babies.

Sure. I don't see any downsides to doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Errtu View Post
    I'd cure intolerance
    If intolerance were genetic, something common to all men, would we change ourselves through science? That might make a good SF short story!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    That's... not what futanari is...
    Quick Google:

Futanari (ふた*り, seldom: 二形, 双形, literally: dual form; 二*, 双*, literally: [to be of] two kinds), is the Japanese word for hermaphroditism, which is also used ...

Quote Originally Posted by Errtu View Post
    I'd cure intolerance
    Curing intolerance =/ acceptance

I'd 'cure' the prejudices.

Of course I would (Voluntary of course). Everyone should be free to choose their own sexual identity. But at that same time, Id open up the ability to become bisexual, pansexual, whateversexual. People shouldnt be forced into being something they don't want to be.

Of course people are going to disagree with me, scream something about learning to love people for who they are, all the while telling people to "Stop being depressed!". Id be pretty depressed if I was a lesbian and had little choice in partners where I lived/had family/whatever. Telling people to embrace who they are, when they are something they dont want to be is not good for mental health. I will support mental health whenever the chance is given.