View Poll Results: If you could, would you cure homosexuality?

Voters
216. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it would end suffering.

79 36.57%
  • No, it's not worth the loss.

117 54.17%
  • I honestly don't know.

20 9.26%
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    All sexualities are along the same line in terms of brain function as pedophilia. Whether it be hetero,homo,bi,dendro or whatever other sexuality. Some of these we humans have decided are unwanted and therefore shunned. Homosexuality was, understandably, because it harmed population growth and thus risked the longevity of one's society. Pedophilia goes along the same lines as it hurts the kids and doesn't (generally) yield new offspring.
    Except there is solid evidence that homosexuality actually made humans more fit as a species, not the reverse. In reality the reason why homosexuals were targeted is due to a growing need for connectivity within rapidly growing societies, and targeting scapegoats is an easy way to build a sense of identity. This is why we had religious persecution, racial persecution and LGBTQ persecution, to try and form an insular society. It's not necessary any more with globalization and as such is dying off at unprecedented rates. And honestly it's more or less speculation in regards to how sexuality works, and as is the only difference anyone needs to know is that LGBQ sexualities are benign or beneficial and paedophilia, necrophilia and bestiality are malignant.

Quote Originally Posted by paluman View Post
    Unable to have sex with the opposite gender and unable to have a family... That's definately an impaired ability to function in - I'm making the next word bigger since i think you missed it last time - ordinary life
    Who gets to decide ordinary?
    Last edited by Notshauna; 2015-04-30 at 12:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    thank you, i will have a deeper look into this one.
    Also for further academic discussion, there is one part of the brain, called the anterior commissure, that's bigger in gay men's brains than in those of heterosexual males. So, what's it do? It connects two structures together. The temporal lobes on each side of the brain, including the amygdala. So, what does the amygdala do? It's a very, very emotional structure. And it's fast. If you suddenly notice a bus heading toward you, and you feel a 'burst' of fear, that's your amygdala; the one on the right. If you feel a burst of elation when someone looks at you with attraction in their eyes, that's your amygdala, too; the one on the left.
    yes, but :
    The anterior commissure is larger in women than men and was reported to be larger in gay men than in non-gay men,[33] but a subsequent study found no such difference.[60]

I believe (and this is purely a guess on my part) that its important in seeing potential mates, and so, its the part that knows who you're attracted to, gay, straight, transsexual, bisexual or whatever. The gay male brain uses the same parts to be attracted to a man that a straight man uses to be attracted to a woman.
    well the guess, (thank you for not using theory) does not sound plausible, because i cant see any reason why a gay man should have a bigger one than a straight man, that doesn't really follow, it would be more interesting to compare cross gender here, as male and female sexual behaviour is different, men compete, women select, but i suppose one could find some logic here.
    Such a person would be more likely to empathize with a very large portion of the total population; larger than heterosexuals of either gender. Most evolutionary biologists will agree that if a species preserves a trait, its because that trait helps that species survive, or at least did so when it first emerged. And homosexuality has persevered in humanity for as long as recorded history tells us if not longer. We still don't know exactly WHY though.
    this group level evolution is in of it self interesting, and is quite plausible in its implications visavi, homosexuality, but it is worth considering Sickle cell here.
    I could go on but I think I've demonstrated the possibility at the very least, that a person's life and interactions with others could be VERY VERY different if our sexuality was artificially changed.
    I don't think so, now sure, if removed at birth, and compared in an alternate universe, then yes, but if person a would just cease to be gay, then no.
    As far as culture goes. Culture is culture. How it arose is irrelevant. Gay culture isn't any less a culture than any other regardless of how it came about.
    did not mean to disparage, merely point out that a large part of it is due to its exclusion from the mainstream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochon View Post
    "Liberal BS"..?
    Being accepting and open-minded towards others is obviously BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jochon View Post
    "Liberal BS"..?
    funny you quote liberal bs... proves my point.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatorny View Post
    Not reading 27 pages worth of liberal BS but yeah I'd cure it in a heart beat.
    *Triggered*

I take great offense at that, I have contributed a good deal of the BS and I don't identify as liberal. :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    As a human race, we've been announcing everything we think we know(and can't explain) as facts, all the way back when we thought Zeus and his pals were in the sky making the world work in mysterious was.
    Oj, knowing at thing is one side of the story... how you sell it is the other.
    Gotta act convinced if you want others to believe. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    No it was a reaction to a fraction of it b/c you either didn't read it completely or didn't understand the analogy.
    No... but I already explained myself not gonna get into it again. God, the communication between us is terrible.

You do realize that a homo pair could always give one of those orphans a nice home and "contribute to society" this way?
    They're helping other people's passed on genes make it in life, we'll call them nannies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatorny View Post
    funny you quote liberal bs... proves my point.
    Being accepting of homosexual people has nothing to do with your political leaning.

Deleted
    As a human race, we've been announcing everything we think we know(and can't explain) as facts, all the way back when we thought Zeus and his pals were in the sky making the world work in mysterious was.
    We're such an arrogant species :3
    yes, indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    You don't seem to understand what is meant with "impairment in ordinary life". Someone who suffers anxiety issuses and can't go shopping due to the anxiety, that's impariment in ordinary life. Someone not being able to take care of themselves due to dementia, that's impairment in ordinary life.

Someone liking the same gender as they are is not an impairment, they are not impaired in any way due to liking the same gender.
    You are impaired in not living an ordinary life because you can't have a family 'due to liking the same gender.'.

Just like this guy said:
    Many would say an ordinary life is to grow up, meet someone, have kids and then die. I don't care for it, but a lot do. One could argue that our whole point of living is to pass on our genes and that your just hanging out for the ride if you're not doing it.
    You do realize that a homo pair could always give one of those orphans a nice home and "contribute to society" this way?
    I don't think that should happen anyway, because every child, orphans included have the rights to have a mother and a father and not two of the same. Alas that is not for this topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paluman View Post
    Unable to have sex with the opposite gender and unable to have a family... That's definately an impaired ability to function in - I'm making the next word bigger since i think you missed it last time - ordinary life
    Yeah, your disgusting. Your idea of ordinary is a narrow minded standard that you can't think outside the box, and really I just pity you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hei Bai View Post
    God, the communication between us is terrible.
    Aye.
    Maybe our clock speeds aren't properly sync'd. :X

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    Being accepting of homosexual people has nothing to do with your political leaning.

most gays are liberal
    most young folk are liberal

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably should have been closed a long time ago, although this topic was made with surprisingly good intentions for discussion a topic like this is still not appropriate for our forums.

Closed.