Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    In diablo ros pets from other players are almost transparent. Maybe they could do that in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    oh really, try being a gnome!

We are an amazing race (albeit our racials could use some work), optimalised for the least optical obtrusion. But because of all the hooman huntar pets its getting a little crowded, and hard to see one's self
    You bring it on yourself. You are a worthless race who got kicked out of their own town by Troggs and can't even take it back after all this time. The only good thing about gnomes is the sound they make when they die.

Now why did I never think of this before. Trolling melee with pets.

Dear Melee: What's the biggest, most annoying pet that I should definitely avoid using, especially with the glyph that gives me 5 of them?

Deleted
    It is getting ridiculous, our raid comp;

- 3 hunters
    18 pets with stampede
    - 3 Shamans
    3 Fire Elementals followed by 3 Earth Elementals
    - 2 Priests
    2x Shadowfiend/Mindbender (w/e)
    - 2 DKs
    2 x Army + 2 ghouls (one is blood though, thank god)

Luckily all 3 Shamans aren't Enhance otherwise we'd have 6 wolves as well. Oh we also have 2 Warlocks, so the worst case scenario is 27 and however many Army is (10? so 20)

Melee is fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Now why did I never think of this before. Trolling melee with pets.

Dear Melee: What's the biggest, most annoying pet that I should definitely avoid using, especially with the glyph that gives me 5 of them?
    A lot of the draenor ones are annoying, such as riverbeasts and clefthooves. Direhorns are annoying too though. Larger shelled turtles are annoying.

I want to have a Gronn as pet so i can use stampede

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Maybe Blizzard could include pets (hunter, warlocks and mages) in the toggle for reduced spell effect clutter.
    Seems like the most logical choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    It is getting ridiculous, our raid comp;

- 3 hunters
    18 pets with stampede
    - 3 Shamans
    3 Fire Elementals followed by 3 Earth Elementals
    - 2 Priests
    2x Shadowfiend/Mindbender (w/e)
    - 2 DKs
    2 x Army + 2 ghouls (one is blood though, thank god)

Luckily all 3 Shamans aren't Enhance otherwise we'd have 6 wolves as well. Oh we also have 2 Warlocks, so the worst case scenario is 27 and however many Army is (10? so 20)

Melee is fun
    You should tell your shaman casting earth eles are pointless now from a damage perspective. They're absolutely worthless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Posted this on our guild portal and the first response was melee is doing it wrong. You should be dpsing on his hip.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

We actually had to ask one of our hunters to use something other than a GIANT RHINOCEROS the other night in raid because it was just absurd having a rhino stampede

Some hunters enjoy being obnoxious. Some like to use gigantic pets, others like to use pets that make really annoying sounds that irritate everyone who plays with sound turned on.

But this isn't really an issue blizzard needs to get involved in, raid leaders can simply say "get the dick out of your ass and use a non-obnoxious pet"

Most pets are so small you don't even really see them over the melee dps crowd back there instead. Also stampede is long CD short duration and fire elemental is the same. You don't really have to deal with it much and what's to deal with anyway? Who cares that they are there?
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanicstrad37 View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...00608?page=1#0

Here is my thread for official forums. Melee is terrible right now.. Hunters all of the place with 4 piece and the area around the boss is stupidly crowded. Something needs to change. See through pets or something to help the clutter.

http://i.imgur.com/TXUesS8.jpg

[mod edit: please link or thumbnail large images]
    Why did you star out everyone's name, then forget to star out your own, and the target of the boss?

15+ Year Old Account
    One question, why do you need to see something? Also why are you so zoomed in? Zoom out and you can see the battlefield. Seeing your character means nothing especially on a fight like blackhand.

Deleted
    I'm curious why they haven't done the same with pets in WoW like they did with them in Diablo 3, where they are almost transparent if they're not your own pets

Deleted
    I stopped playing melee half a year ago. It's just stupid how vulnerable you are in group pvp, and can't see shit in raids. It was great before they added those 20 men groups, it used to be just me and maybe another melee dps in our 10 men raids, now it's all 20 men stuff and a clusterfuck of pets and melees that I can't see jackshit, and if I pull the camera far away I don't even know where my character is.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    One question, why do you need to see something? Also why are you so zoomed in? Zoom out and you can see the battlefield. Seeing your character means nothing especially on a fight like blackhand.
    Especially on a fight like blackhand, where you can very easily accidentally pop a mine and cause a wipe.

@OP: I'd LOVE to always use GoSac as a lock so that I never have a pet but blizzard wants me to have a pet so y'know.. not happening.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Maybe Blizzard could include pets (hunter, warlocks and mages) in the toggle for reduced spell effect clutter.
    I agree with this one, though I am not affected by this at all, I can imagine the annoyance people may have.

This is not a new problem, pets and spell effects have been blocking melee's vision for years. The recent reductions in ground effects and increases in stamina/bonus armor for melee has been partially balanced recent changes to the number, color, and size of pets. It is often a source of deep frustration by melee and which is often not appreciated by thoughtless ranged pet masters. For example, fire elementals make it very easy to stand in fire and confuse friend from foe when fighting similar-looking things like Ambershaper's minions. It was not uncommon for plate dps to die from invisible floor pain, and then get yelled at for "standing in fire" that your own team obscured. Not only that, large pets block your sight of your character such that you can easily lose track of facing and distance from the target.

Perhaps a more permanent solution is to give melee a larger attack radius. Program pets to get right up on the boss, and then melee could stand at mid-range. The pets would nip at the bosses heels, rather than be intermingled with the melee. A toggle to make pets invisible, ghost-like, or at least small is a great suggestion. You could even have it be situational, like the pets would be large for the stampede, but then shrink. The best pets are low, but above the ground, and thin, like a dog. You can see the ground below the dog while also seeing over it's head.
    Last edited by GhostSkull; 2015-05-02 at 02:51 PM.