Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Actually, back when before 'Felblight' was still 'Felblood', it was stated it would be gained through the Barn. Blizzard then changed their minds, renamed 'Felblood' into 'Felblight', and changed its drop from the barn to the gathering professions.

You can read here about Felblood, and here about the name change from Felblood to Felblight.
    That's what we call a "placeholder" item. It was obviously duplicated from Savage Blood, with a name change.

That's also why there were no data mined new traps, or new animals, or any new options for the Barn to be able to process it.

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    That's what we call a "placeholder" item. It was obviously duplicated from Savage Blood, with a name change.
    That's also why there were no data mined new traps, or new animals, or any new options for the Barn to be able to process it.
    It's in the official patch notes, not a datamine, showing the original intention was to be gathered through the Barn. It was not a 'placeholder'.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2015-05-01 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's in the official patch notes, not a datamine, showing the original intention was to be gathered through the Barn. It was not a 'placeholder'.
    Regardless, it hadn't been implemented yet. Expecting something like this, nay getting clearly upset by something like this, despite the hundreds (read:thousands) of times blizzard has changed un-implemented aspects of the game prior to implementation is foolish.

Really hoping a dev can see this and respond

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Regardless, it hadn't been implemented yet. Expecting something like this, nay getting clearly upset by something like this, despite the hundreds (read:thousands) of times blizzard has changed un-implemented aspects of the game prior to implementation is foolish.
    That's not the point. He's not complaining simply because it was changed. The issue is the reason behind the change, and the fact now the Barn will basically go from 'very popular' to 'basically useless' in that patch. People with the Barn tended to drop their skinning professions because you would get much more leather/fur out of a beast mob if you trapped it than if you just killed it and skinned it. And since you can't skin and trap, some people would just drop skinning.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2015-05-01 at 12:42 AM.

So.... In other words, major patches change things around?

I wouldn't go assuming any intention to his op and the root of his complaints. Either way, one patched dramatically changed all professions. Why can't another patch change an aspect to professions again? this is WoW, this is what happens. I would think (perhaps shame on me for assuming this way) after "almost 10 years" he'd have learned to expect changes happening, changes like this, or learn to simply adapt and move on. Or perhaps learn that if he's looking for a response from a "Blue or someone connected with Blizz" not to consult a non-Blizzard forum. Yes, I am aware that blues have accounts here, that they look at these forums, but to expect someone to respond to him? Preposterous, especially with any sense of reliability that's actually from a "Blue or someone connected with Blizz". I mean, come on!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred the Hunter View Post
    There are actually a few that come around here.
    The only Blizzard employee who actively posts is for customer service. Devs and CMs don't (although Rygarius did briefly last year).

Quote Originally Posted by Gonaluvuhard View Post
    Really hoping a dev can see this and respond
    Best bet is probably to tweet them.

I mean, discussion here is great, and they might read it, but the chances of any of them posting a response is basically nil.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    The Barn was so beneficial that it became almost mandatory to have one, which pretty much defeated the purpose of constructing any of the other Mid Sized building ever. The one important mid-sized building would be the Inn. I am expecting a nerf to "Treasure Hunting" soon as well.

The reason for the change is obvious and it is for two reasons actually

- Barn became too good of a building, more than any other building in the garrison by a good amount and they know some people just get 11 characters with barns and would just flood the market with felblight within the first week

- Gathering professions were killed inadvertently through the mine/herb garden/barn, by making those give felblight instead of the barn they can make them useful again

15+ Year Old Account
    OP you might have missed that you will be able to fish up Felblight, so you still don't need gathering profession. Just run around fishing in the fish schools in Tanaan.