Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

6.2 Garrison Goldmaking.

Sup everybody,

I was wondering what your plans for Garrison gold making are with 6.2 changes.

To be more specific.

Which buildings are you going to use for gold making?
    Which professions mainly?
    Are you going to gather Felblight?

I am asking all this because I have 11 garrisons working right now with mine, herb garden and Barn mainly. Barn will not be very useful due to Savage Blood prices dropping so I am cracking my brain up to find the perfect way to make gold like I have been for the last months.

Trading post for when I'm about to cap on resources. Buying dust to sell on AH usually.
    Inn for the treasure missions and recruiting specific followers.
    Lots of treasure hunters and scavengers for missions.

Enchanting and Jewel Crafting is a decent money maker at times for me but it can be a total waste of time sometimes as well. Sell mats is for sure profit. Playing AH can be tricky and time consuming.

On one of my 100s I might go herbalism and mining for felbloods or whatever they are called. Doesn't make sense to have multiple characters with gathering professions, one will do.
    Last edited by Dyfar; 2015-05-01 at 05:18 PM.

I've got one level 100 miner, and one level 100 skinner/herbalist.

I'm sure I'll use both, but probably won't spend a ton of time on it.

The passive income from the garrison is more than enough to buy what I need.

Deleted
    Barn is still highly efficient goldmaking structure. Savage blood prices might not drop all that much due to many people ditching the barns, and 125x raw mat (ore, herb, whatever) is still kinda steep price at the trader.

You can easily farm 200-250 cages per hour at direwolf alpha farm spot. Higher efficiency groups can even push to 350/hour (good tank and bunch of good dps).
    Each caged wolf yields 22 fur and about 0,5 blood (in the long run I've noticed drop chances of 55-60% on wo's with level 100 follower). This is still a ton of gold per hour (20,000 at least, much more if you actually craft shit with that SB). On 6 alts its only like 1,5 - 2 hours of casual farming a week to keep them stocked up. Doesn't get much worse with 11 alts, I already save a ton of time per week by ditching the garrison mines.

The new felblight farming method has 0 benefit from having multiple characters and its prone to botting (botting is very bad for any high demand goods, it drives the price down to shits). Farming will be extremely painful during first few weeks due to competing with the entire damn realm. And no farming will ever reach Barn's gold/h efficiency.

So 6.2 garrison goldmaking setup is either:

A) Inn with TH stack + Barn - for maximum gold gain
    B) Inn with Trading Post - for maximum passive gold gain - the "lazy" mode, trading off GRs for raw goods

11 alts with proper scav setups will still generate about 50-60k GR a week which transfers to upto 15,000 raw mat per week. See what you can fence on your AH for the most gold. I'd consider 2.5 - 3 gold each mats worth a shot (ore sells pretty decently now, so does fur and the dust. not sure about food ingredients). I still remember fencing raw boar meat for 50 gold each when Highmaul opened up (DPS potions required meats back then - it was glorious for GR-based gold making )
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-05-01 at 11:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    You can easily farm 200-250 cages per hour at direwolf alpha farm spot. Higher efficiency groups can even push to 350/hour (good tank and bunch of good dps).
    Each caged wolf yields 22 fur and about 0,5 blood (in the long run I've noticed drop chances of 55-60% on wo's with level 100 follower). This is still a ton of gold per hour (20,000 at least, much more if you actually craft shit with that SB).
    How is it 20k per hour if you can only put in 1 cage every 4 hours? It's more like 5.5 fur and 0.125 bloods per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    How is it 20k per hour if you can only put in 1 cage every 4 hours? It's more like 5.5 fur and 0.125 bloods per hour.
    Per hour of farming. He's not counting the passive work orders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgslarg View Post
    Per hour of farming. He's not counting the passive work orders.
    That's the limiting factor though. You can only get 180 orders done per month, that's 4000 fur and like 100 bloods. That's worth 30-36k at best, per month.
    You surely can't become rich that way.

you can pay for your gme though

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the limiting factor though. You can only get 180 orders done per month, that's 4000 fur and like 100 bloods. That's worth 30-36k at best, per month.
    It's limited to your number of alts, and people around here often have 10+ of them.

Esubane assumes the Savage Blood price will not plummet drastically.
    Demand increases since it is needed for the initial tiers of the upgrade items, as people level more alts that need these items.
    Demand increases if people abandon barns and there are fewer groups available to farm traps (to gain GR, spend less time in non-6.2 areas).
    Demand lowers as the Primal Spirits price was halved to 25 and people are saving their spirits to dump.
    Demand lowers as people fill holes in their sets by obtaining alt's loot more easily from "unlimited" Seals of Tempered Fate, ilvl upgrades to rewards from Timewalking/Mythic/Challenge Mode dungeon options (and their effects on increasing people's ability to run more LFRs).
    It could go lower as more alts are leveled, increasing barn supply.

Personally I think they'll drop in price by half at least. Hopefully I'm wrong

At this point though, the only reason to drop the barn is to assume that a trading post beats its income... which is doubtful.
    Last edited by ilostmahbucket; 2015-05-02 at 06:20 AM.

Deleted
    I'll gladly take that tradeoff and still earn huge gold while barely spending any time to farm stuff. I'm making 200k per week currently running six barns and selling the gear upgrades with my professions. And that's with only a few hours of farming per month. Can you farm 200,000 gold in a few hours? YOU CANNOT! I even pointed it out that THE TRADEOFF here is not getting your gold right away. But you're still planning long-term and you don't mind those work orders taking a week, month or 3 months to complete. Due to that design you can even spend some time farming cages and then -woop woop - FARM THE NEW FELBLIGHT TOO WHILE THE ORDERS PROCESS! Genius isn't it? You certainly haven't thought of that?

"You surely can't become rich that way" - Yes, I'm already approaching account-wide gold cap with all TCG mounts in the game learned. Can't get more richer than that. The Barn (x5-6 over the course of wod) brought me at least 1,500,000 gold if not more

It will be decent tradeoff even if savage blood reaches 100 gold each which is a dramatic assumption (currently prices on my high pop realm are ca. 250 gold each - they increased quite a bit after token introduction).
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-05-02 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    I'll gladly take that tradeoff and still earn huge gold while barely spending any time to farm stuff. I'm making 200k per week currently running six barns and selling the gear upgrades with my professions. And that's with only a few hours of farming per month. Can you farm 200,000 gold in a few hours? YOU CANNOT! I even pointed it out that THE TRADEOFF here is not getting your gold right away. But you're still planning long-term and you don't mind those work orders taking a week, month or 3 months to complete. Due to that design you can even spend some time farming cages and then -woop woop - FARM THE NEW FELBLIGHT TOO WHILE THE ORDERS PROCESS! Genius isn't it? You certainly haven't thought of that?

"You surely can't become rich that way" - Yes, I'm already approaching account-wide gold cap with all TCG mounts in the game learned. Can't get more richer than that. The Barn (x5-6 over the course of wod) brought me at least 1,500,000 gold if not more

It will be decent tradeoff even if savage blood reaches 100 gold each which is a dramatic assumption (currently prices on my high pop realm are ca. 250 gold each - they increased quite a bit after token introduction).
    I've been doing something similar (and plan to do any felblight farming while my barns are filled) and have had pretty lucrative results. I'm not rich by any means but I've made enough to spend about a gold cap's worth on mounts since February with 10 toons. To top it all off I've been pretty lax over the last month (graduate school) and haven't done anything outside of barns and 4 chant huts.

Deleted
    Get the followers I need from inn on my alts, if time left swap it for lumber mill
    Keep trading post
    Keep tailoring and enchanting, enchanting might be a bit useless for crystals but good for dc items in salvage yard and stuff
    Keep barracks for max followers
    Bunker for follower upgrades, and probably stays then... no energy for mage tower really

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Get the followers I need from inn on my alts, if time left swap it for lumber mill
    Keep trading post
    Keep tailoring and enchanting, enchanting might be a bit useless for crystals but good for dc items in salvage yard and stuff
    Keep barracks for max followers
    Bunker for follower upgrades, and probably stays then... no energy for mage tower really
    Its not even worth it to DE salvage stuff anymore, atleast on draenor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Its not even worth it to DE salvage stuff anymore, atleast on draenor
    The greens are worth more to vendor, but I get blues quite often that vendor for like 2-5g but dc into 8-12 dust =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    The greens are worth more to vendor, but I get blues quite often that vendor for like 2-5g but dc into 8-12 dust =)
    That's true, but the last time i got a blue worth DE'ing over vendoring was like over 100 boxes ago :P

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    That's true, but the last time i got a blue worth DE'ing over vendoring was like over 100 boxes ago :P
    The transmog set blues are always worth DEíng, thats about it tho.

No indication 6.2 will change anything with gold missions and treasure followers, that's the main source of essentially passive income.

Blood prices will plummet, as it's only used for obsolete gear. So no more trapping.

Blood prices will drop, but you'll still need 45x blood before you can even start Fellblight upgrades.

So if people need a new piece of crafted gear, they'll still be using bloods to get to Stage 4.

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Blood prices will drop, but you'll still need 45x blood before you can even start Fellblight upgrades.

So if people need a new piece of crafted gear, they'll still be using bloods to get to Stage 4.
    Sure, for new characters or those switching specs. But overall demand will drop like a rock. Trapping will remain a moneymaker, but nothing like it was in 6.0.