Deleted

[Feral] Mythic Iron Maidens - Lunar Inspiration?

Hey, so my guild has recently just gotten to maidens and I was wondering that because I'm going on the first 2 boats, is it still worth using Lunar Inspiration for progressing?

Kind regards,
    Motivation

Deleted
    I'd say probably not, the boats are all single target so you'll want to go for higher ST damage in my eyes.

Plus if you are doing a two boat strat, single target burst is more important since you can't just chill out and ignore all the mechanics of bosses during P2.

Deleted
    Well I was saving my 3min CD's for the boats anyways, and tonight I used Lunar as that's what I'm used to using on this fight back when we used to do HC's a couple months ago, we got the first boat done with around 10-20 seconds to spare, we never really got to the second boat and killed it so I couldn't tell you how that went but I'll see how Bloodtalons goes on my next raid and see how it goes.

Depends on your strat and assignment.

A lot of guilds just go for the 3 boat strat, which means optimizing DPS on the ground for most of the fight is absolutely meaningless. All that matters with that strat is making sure you get the boats down easily, which LI won't really allow you to do. However, if you are on the ground for the 3rd boat in a 3 boat strat (you mentioned only going up on the first 2 boats, but didn't mention the strat being used) LI could be pretty good because it lets you do very solid 2 target cleave during the important Heroism/burn phase on Mar'ak/Sorka.

If your guild is going for a 2 boat strat, it could be meaningful since the damage gains on the 3 target cleave segments could be worth it and LI is still sufficient for boat phases in most regards. Again, this depends on your assignment and the level of powerful cleave in your group.

As everyone has said, it really depends on the strat you use. However, I think it's safe to say that almost all the important DPS is single-target burn versus cleave, especially on boats and sub-20% burns. In our mythic kills, since we kill Marak->Sorka when we send the Admiral up to the 3rd boat, we actually have to stop DPSing for a loooong time to not push early. Literally have the melee just standing around avoiding mechanics for >30 seconds in most cases. While cleave may seem important on a council fight such as this, it's honestly not that important. If you fail to burn any of the primary single targets in the time windows allotted on mythic, it's pretty much an instant loss.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville