Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    That sad realization that Pepe's gear is better designed than yours...
    No kidding. Funny that in ten years of this game they've never made a plate helm that looked like that for players, and it's just a normal knight helmet. Shows how weird the armor in this game looks, IMO.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

The aspergers is strong with this comment thread. You whine and complain about a lack of outdoor content (Which, honestly...who cares about outdoor content? You don't. You log in to raid and like it, and come here to bitch for no reason) and when they finally give it to you...some of you are like "LOL STILL NO CONTENT" acting like it doesn't exist or something? When you're done acting like morons on the internet all day, what do you do with your lives?

Useless bird costumes > actual game improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    No kidding. Funny that in ten years of this game they've never made a plate helm that looked like that for players, and it's just a normal knight helmet. Shows how weird the armor in this game looks, IMO.
    To the person you quoted: So you think a simple hat and maybe a weapon as an entire tier set is an improvement? I would have to disagree. Yeesh, was just reading some other comments around here, I forgot how mind numbingly nitpicky, whiny, opinionated, and just plain negative it is on MMO-Champion.

To you: No realistic/more medieval-based helmets?

There are plenty of medieval-esque helmets, or just helmets based on those seen throughout history in real life. The problem is that this is primarily a fantasy game, and if they were to base everyone on real life, it would become boring and unimaginitive. People think their armor is so "weird" because it's typically based off of aspects of the patch or expansion they are found in, or elements of the class they are based on, or a combination of the two.

Realistic armor is better off as quest gear, because while the simplicity of the aesthetic looks good for a nice and simple t-mog, it still feels just as you described it - "normal". Simple knight helmets wouldn't feel epic, or deserving of a raid or pvp tier. It would feel like you're a low level character again due to how basic and unremarkable it is. Even when Blizzard does make armor based off of history, they still add a fantasy twist to it to keep it interesting, and that's something I like (and it says a lot about the appeal of realistic-based armor in a highly fantasy-based game.) I say keep the ultra-realistic armor for games like Dark Souls which are supposed to be a lot more grounded in the actual medieval age than WoW.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2015-05-03 at 06:59 AM.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

Well I guess if you like looking like some kind of samurai. Half those sets are mail/eather, BTW, not plate. Yes that's right the one perfect samurai helmet in the game is only for leather classes. And that heaume from PvP has weird bone spikes in it, much like the Warrior and DK sets have ridiculous wiggling nails. Why couldn't they have just been rivets.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2015-05-03 at 01:23 PM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Timeless Isle was the worst content ever released on the public by Blizzard in the last five years. The irony is that Tanaan Jungle on the PTR is an inferior version of Timeless Isle.

Deleted
    holy cow the new gear looks a-m-a-z-i-n-g