The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Fun Survey! (no really its fun)

Have a survey for a class at University need to get some results is all so hoping you all wouldn't mind giving me a hand here and do the Survey, its for my marketing class it'll only take about 5 minutes, honestly i hate doing surveys but here i am asking for help haha.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/209963...-Research-Male

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/209912...esearch-Female

these are the two links first is for Males and second is for Females.
    thanks in advance if you end up giving me a hand

Okay now someone has to come take the survey and tell me what happens. I got disqualified for not being between age 30 to 50.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh dont worry about that age thing it really makes 0 difference it was just a constraint put onto us by our teacher just disregard the age thing.

Deleted
    that wasn't fun
    I also didn't do it :*(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden272 View Post
    oh dont worry about that age thing it really makes 0 difference it was just a constraint put onto us by our teacher just disregard the age thing.
    That is actually the WORST possible thing you can do as a researcher (telling people to falsify answers so you can get more research data). It's called fabricating data and it can REALLY destroy your career. Also, your teacher more than likely put that constraint on there for a reason. In this case, having people in there that don't buy their own underwear due to their age (too young or too old) will skew your data and make any results you attain inaccurate.

I went through the questions as well. judging from the questions, this is obviously aimed at people from Australia. this is an international forum, and there will be other people in the survey that skew the data.

At any rate, in one of the free text fields, I entered that you asked me to fabricate data from Europe. Have fun failing your class!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, a survey about where you buy your underwear, what brands and where you learned about them isn't really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    That is actually the WORST possible thing you can do as a researcher (telling people to falsify answers so you can get more research data). It's called fabricating data and it can REALLY destroy your career. Also, your teacher more than likely put that constraint on there for a reason. In this case, having people in there that don't buy their own underwear due to their age (too young or too old) will skew your data and make any results you attain inaccurate.

I went through the questions as well. judging from the questions, this is obviously aimed at people from Australia. this is an international forum, and there will be other people in the survey that skew the data.

At any rate, in one of the free text fields, I entered that you asked me to fabricate data from Europe. Have fun failing your class!
    A dick move, but Nzall is right.
    You are taking a marketing class, Hayden--the entire point of marketing is to know your demographic and appeal to it.

If you are building a brand of underwear targeted at people ages 30-50 and then you take a survey of people of any age, you're not going to know how to appeal to the group you are trying to appeal to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    A dick move, but Nzall is right.
    You are taking a marketing class, Hayden--the entire point of marketing is to know your demographic and appeal to it.

If you are building a brand of underwear targeted at people ages 30-50 and then you take a survey of people of any age, you're not going to know how to appeal to the group you are trying to appeal to.
    Oh, I went even more dickish. I sent a mail to the school's student misconduct board, linking them this page. I know it's a real dick move and can cost him his career, but he should have thought of that earlier.

And where exactly were they going to find subjects of the right age of this otherwise? Where I live canvassing and soliciting people for things like this are prohibited by law. The jackasses trying to get the kid in trouble are from what I can gather, just terrible people getting others to suffer for your own pleasure. Go ahead, tell me what far reaching consequences a kid using bad data for a project has. I'm sure whatever it is, is some magical justification for your pleasure seeking at others expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei
    Reread your post. "The entire point of marketing" and "You are taking a marketing class". The point of marketing doesn't come into play here, because the point of a marketing class is to learn the methodology of how data is gathered and analyzed for an end goal. If he learns that, and proves a mastery of the material then by all means he deserves the marks. It was asinine for the professor to assign a age restraint that cannot be readily found on the campus. A university student doesn't have access to the tools or funds that allow large scale data gathering to be possible so any requirements to do so need to be lax enough for them to procure it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei
    Good thing that this is not the goal. As he does not work for any kind of organization which knowing how to appeal to the group is necessary. He is a student, his goal is to get experience gathering and interpreting data, which is independent to whether or not said data accurate represents the people the project aims to gather from.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    That is actually the WORST possible thing you can do as a researcher (telling people to falsify answers so you can get more research data). It's called fabricating data and it can REALLY destroy your career.
    It's a good thing he's not a researcher, nor does he have a career. He is a student. I don't understand why you're too dense to understand this concept.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2015-05-09 at 07:42 PM.

Deleted
    Xenryusho, part of university is about learning integrity and ethics. It's unethical to fabricate data by telling people to lie to the first question so they get more data. If he's already doing this in university, what will stop him from doing it during his career as well?

I'm having trouble taking the survey, it shows as not taking any more responses.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__