Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Resto] Help my hps/mana problems :(

Hello all, I've recently come back from a several month hiatus and my guild, being the nice guys they are, threw me into H blackrock and one Mythic fight right away. Needless to say I feel as though I did horrible. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I'm healing the same way I did Highmaul, which is basically rejuv people that take a fair amount of damage, keep lifebloom on a tank along with two rejuvs on tanks and swiftmend low targets with a little HT thrown in to keep up Harmony if I'm getting bad luck on OoC procs. WG only when there's raid damage and if using SotF, only after getting the buff up with swiftmend. I try to keep shroom on the melee generally, but I'll admit I'm pretty bad at remembering to replace it once it's down.

I was mostly using Germ, NG, and SotF as my talents, but I did play around with Germ, DoC and Tree and that seemed to help with my mana and therefore hps. However, I know Restos are strong right now, and my gear isn't too far behind the rest of my guild and I'm still pulling significantly less and going oom to boot. At some point in the attempts last night I swapped out a mythic warforged shards of nothing for an un-upgraded hourglass simply for the spirit, not sure it helped.

Links to logs and armory, I'm only in the raids on the 29th and 30th.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/8143
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Mocha/advanced

Thanks in advance!

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

All the standard stuff

Shitty LB, Harmony, Mushroom uptime.

I would advise against SOTF you will find most of the top parses use Incarnation. Also your never going to do comparable HPS to most other classes in Heroic where everyone seriously outgears everything and there is minimal raid damage to begin with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vraizan View Post
    Hello all, I've recently come back from a several month hiatus and my guild, being the nice guys they are, threw me into H blackrock and one Mythic fight right away. Needless to say I feel as though I did horrible. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I'm healing the same way I did Highmaul, which is basically rejuv people that take a fair amount of damage, keep lifebloom on a tank along with two rejuvs on tanks and swiftmend low targets NOPE with a little HT NOPE thrown in to keep up Harmony if I'm getting bad luck on OoC procs. WG only when there's raid damage and if using SotF, only after getting the buff up with swiftmend debatable. I try to keep shroom on the melee generally, but I'll admit I'm pretty bad at remembering to replace it once it's down.

I was mostly using Germ, NG Qué?, and SotF as my talents, but I did play around with Germ, DoC and Tree and that seemed to help with my mana and therefore hps. However, I know Restos are strong right now, and my gear isn't too far behind the rest of my guild and I'm still pulling significantly less and going oom to boot. At some point in the attempts last night I swapped out a mythic warforged shards of nothing for an un-upgraded hourglass simply for the spirit, not sure it helped.

Links to logs and armory, I'm only in the raids on the 29th and 30th.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/8143
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Mocha/advanced

Thanks in advance!
    When did reading guides fall out of favor? When was it replaced with just dumping your logs into the forums, without even glancing over them yourself, for other to go through them?

Your uptimes are bad - not shit but bad, your trinket/talent setup doesn't make sense when you are mana-starved, as does using genesis when you are mana-starved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coppas View Post
    Also your never going to do comparable HPS to most other classes in Heroic where everyone seriously outgears everything and there is minimal raid damage to begin with.
    Yeah this, too. Even if you played well. If your other healers are good players and well dressed you will feel it as a druid.

restos are not quite strong right now

what is exactly your problem?

- - - Updated - - -

I quickly checked not all but random logs where you appear

you 5 healing heroic shit?

- - - Updated - - -

on blast furnace
    harmony < 90% bad
    wg 12 bad
    glyph of rj super bad
    only 1 tranq at 2m super bad

"which is basically rejuv people that take a fair amount of damage,"

Stop with this amateur druid play and start using your brain, every rejuv you cast you should be predicting to do 80%+ effective healing. If not don't cast it. Rejuving someone who has taken 2 ticks of a grenade on thogar to then move out of it and be topped by eternal flame is not effective healing. Take DoC and don't be afraid to wrath even if the raid isn't topped. Pumping everything into wild growth these days is normally the way to go. Rejuv blanket druid is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Loganess View Post
    "which is basically rejuv people that take a fair amount of damage,"

Stop with this amateur druid play and start using your brain, every rejuv you cast you should be predicting to do 80%+ effective healing. If not don't cast it. Rejuving someone who has taken 2 ticks of a grenade on thogar to then move out of it and be topped by eternal flame is not effective healing. Take DoC and don't be afraid to wrath even if the raid isn't topped. Pumping everything into wild growth these days is normally the way to go. Rejuv blanket druid is dead.
    I love to Rejuv blanket. Long live Rejuv blanketing!

You must be really sad about the T18 class trinket.. lol
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    I love to Rejuv blanket. Long live Rejuv blanketing!

You must be really sad about the T18 class trinket.. lol
    Obviously blanketing on a fight like Will of the Emperor is still alive and well. But our rejuv is significantly weaker than in previous expansions. But just by logs you can tell experienced druids from bads by their rejuv usage. In other expansions when has Wild Growth ever been number 1. over rejuv?

Yea trinket won't be significant for aslong as it only affects rejuv and lifebloom in my opinion, and my prediction is we'll be going for other trinkets.

LONG LIVE WILDGROWTH
    RIP IN PIECE REJUV

Obviously blanketing on a fight like Will of the Emperor is still alive and well. But our rejuv is significantly weaker than in previous expansions. But just by logs you can tell experienced druids from bads by their rejuv usage. In other expansions when has Wild Growth ever been number 1. over rejuv?

Yea trinket won't be significant for aslong as it only affects rejuv and lifebloom in my opinion, and my prediction is we'll be going for other trinkets.

LONG LIVE WILDGROWTH
    RIP IN PIECE REJUV
    Rejuv should typically be #1 or #2, depending on play-style, and can be found as #1 on many of the better logs. Regardless of small differences in play-style, our #2 spell should not be disregarded.

Experienced resto druids leverage high spirit to use rejuv as a mana dump between WG/LB/WM/OOC maintenance in content that is not over-healed or undemanding to begin with. The trinket will be very strong on stacked fights. Rejuv is still strong and will remain strong.

Rejuv should typically be #1 or #2, depending on play-style, and can be found as #1 on many of the better logs. Regardless of small differences in play-style, our #2 spell should not be disregarded.

Experienced resto druids leverage high spirit to use rejuv as a mana dump between WG/LB/WM/OOC maintenance in content that is not over-healed or undemanding to begin with. The trinket will be very strong on stacked fights. Rejuv is still strong and will remain strong.
    Oh you're here as well. Its almost as if you think you're the all-knowing druid god? And you just love to disagree. Do you get a kick out of nit-picking at someone else's opinion because its not your own. Disregarding the non serious capitals at the end. When did I EVER say "disregard rejuv"? I didn't. I highlighted its weaker significance compared to previous expansions. Can you accept that there are different ways to play, both yielding positive results rather than spending your time trying to patronising people for the sake of having something to do. And you should also know (if you are experienced) that logs mean almost nothing these days in farm.
    "Let us 3 heal this without a disc I want a high rank"

This is good reliable data to generalise to progress >.> (sarcasm). Of course rejuvenation is going to shine when you are underhealing encounters. But lets be realistic in that progress is what matters and farm is mere child's play.

Try again: "SOME experienced druids leverage high spirit to use rejuv"

Open your mind, get rid of your ignorance, it doesn't suit you.

(sarcasm)
    Could you stop trolling already? This is getting ridiculous. Is there any purpose for you to be here except to insult other people?

If you really want to contribute (although it doesn't look like it), you might want to stop bitching without any arguments, and start saying what you think should be done differently and why. But I have a feeling you don't have any interest in a serious discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Could you stop trolling already? This is getting ridiculous. Is there any purpose for you to be here except to insult other people?

If you really want to contribute (although it doesn't look like it), you might want to stop bitching without any arguments, and start saying what you think should be done differently and why. But I have a feeling you don't have any interest in a serious discussion...
    That's weird. The post you grabbed that quote from had several arguments and contributions to the discussion. Shame you selectively quoted for the sake of your own insults and arguments. Just for good measure i'll add something constructive to this post as well as it seems you forgot to.

My opinion is that rejuv blanketing is an old and inefficient concept, is it weaker than in previous expansions and bad use of it now will hurt you a lot more than before. Wild Growth on the other hand is incredibly strong for less management and is now shining in a lot of situations. Rejuv is not dead, I am not saying that, it is only significantly weaker and should not be relied on like it was years ago, In siege it would be doing up to 40-50% of our healing compared to now 15-20%. I am advising druids to get with the changing times rather than sit on the retro throne on how druid has always worked in the past. There are different playstyles to a druid as demonstrated by our flexible talent choices.

I said exactly what I think should be done differently and why so if you think i'm sitting here just insulting people you must be reading a different forum. In actually fact the entirety of this particular thread has construction commentary from myself and one single post from you insulting me.

Open your mind, get rid of your ignorance, it also doesn't suit you.

There are different playstyles to a druid as demonstrated by our flexible talent choices.
    By that he means you can either A) Go ToL or B) SoTF WG. Such flexibility. Much variety. Wow.

snip
    Eh, I wouldn't be opening my mind to, as you stated, an opinion. Shared by very few people. Perhaps you should follow your own advice.

@ OP, keeping a high Harmony and Lifebloom uptime as well as minimising the time Tranquility and Wild Growth are on CD is going to net you the best results. Change your talents depending on the fight, as some are useless on certain fights while other are exceptional at some fights. Read some guides that explain this (hint - the guide on the forum you're posting this thread on is a great resource) as well as a better idea on how your 'healer rotation' works, as it seems like you haven't put any effort into adapting to the new meta of druid healing.

Good luck & happy healing.
    Bachi/Trounced of Elevation
    10/10 Mythic Foundry

Quote Originally Posted by Hillayin View Post
    By that he means you can either A) Go ToL or B) SoTF WG. Such flexibility. Much variety. Wow.
    DoC or HoTW, Germ of MoC? Outside of maybe a shadow priest, our talents are one of the most playstyle changing trees in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bachi View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't be opening my mind to, as you stated, an opinion. Shared by very few people. Perhaps you should follow your own advice.

@ OP, keeping a high Harmony and Lifebloom uptime as well as minimising the time Tranquility and Wild Growth are on CD is going to net you the best results. Change your talents depending on the fight, as some are useless on certain fights while other are exceptional at some fights. Read some guides that explain this (hint - the guide on the forum you're posting this thread on is a great resource) as well as a better idea on how your 'healer rotation' works, as it seems like you haven't put any effort into adapting to the new meta of druid healing.

Good luck & happy healing.
    Seems people don't like differentiating opinions anymore. I didn't state you have to listen to what I say, nor even read it. Why is having opinions such a crime these days? Its almost as if you would bully the ginger kid in your class for being different. And I haven't even stated incorrect information, rejuv is significantly weaker than previous expansions is it not???

What is wrong with you people?
    Last edited by Loganess; 2015-05-06 at 03:44 AM.

Seems people don't like differentiating opinions anymore. I didn't state you have to listen to what I say, nor even read it. Why is having opinions such a crime these days? Its almost as if you would bully the ginger kid in your class for being different. And I haven't even stated incorrect information, rejuv is significantly weaker than previous expansions is it not???

What is wrong with you people?
    That's just it though - your advice is only based on opinions, not on math or reality. It's about as valid as the opinion that earth is flat. You are the same dude who confused stat rating with stat weights and then refused to admit your mistake and instead kept on going on how you are a special snowflake because your opinion is different. Are you for real?

Deleted
    I'm just sitting here waiting what this mystical new playstyle even is. Every druid knows that WG is the powerhouse now, and every druid knows rejuv doesn't quite do the job like it used to. Where is the difference in opinion? Does the established playstyle not use WG when available when the missing hp is there? There is no filler that can realistically compete with rejuv when there is an effecitve need for higher throughput than just WG, so what even is the argument?

Loganess, people here are plenty receptive of differing opinions, those opinions just need to be more than isolated braintorms that lead to half-baked comments on playstyle (or gearing, in the previous case). While I'll admit I was brash towards your first post, you can expect people to question you when you preach your... controversial ideas without properly elucidating what they even are in the first place.

Stack spirit until 2.6k. Then WG pretty much on CD. Mythic fights like, blackhand p2 p3, BF, Gruul, oregorger p2, Beastlord last phase, maidens last phase etc. You can blanket rejuv because raid will be taking constant damage over the whole duration. The best time to rejuv is when the raid is taking small 10-20k ticks constantly because other healers won't bother casting their spells until people are diping to 70%ish percent so your rejuvs will just keep topping them off and getting maximum healing.

I was using SotF for most of our progression.It was just on Blackhand and Maidens I used ToL.
    So one build over the other wont make a big impact, just make sure you use a healing style you are comfortable with.

As others have pointed out it's of great importance that you've Harmony close to 100% especially when you've hots running.

I personally feel that DoC is a terrible talent, it doesn't really help your raid survive, its just padding meters with smartheals.
    The only reason you're saving mana is because you're not spending any. I use wrath without doc all the time if there is no real raid dmg going on.
    HotW is a lot more valuable in my eyes, It gives you a solid increase to both your healing and dmg meaning that you can help out with dps if needed or just use it for healing or a mix of both!

Since you're saying that you're having mana problems maybe you're trying to heal to much?
    If people are like 85% + there is no real need to hot them unless they are going to keep taking dmg for a while.
    Remember that you've other healers in the raid that will smart heal those people and also effloresence + healing rain will do that aswell.

I think you should keep an eye out for when the raid is going to take dmg and depending on the ammount start pre hotting people with rejuv and use WG after the dmg burst have hit and not before. Keeping LB and Efflo up is more than enough to do when there is no real raid dmg going.
    Last edited by Drefan; 2015-05-08 at 05:45 PM.

It is honestly a bit frightening how much I depend on the BRF spirit trinkets. I tried going with Crucible and Darmac's on a couple fights for fun... no-go.

Getting Shard of Woe 2.0 next tier will be priority #1. That, as well as the class trinket, will really reward a Rejuv heavy play-style. I see MoC/Germ and ToL being solid choices depending on the fight, with HotW for most, and possibly NV if a fight fits the class trinket well and the NV CD. Regardless, it is going to be tricky transitioning away from Auroclave and Ele.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2015-05-08 at 05:46 PM.

It is honestly a bit frightening how much I depend on the BRF spirit trinkets. I tried going with Crucible and Darmac's on a couple fights for fun... no-go.
    Well depens on what you're aiming to do, I generally start running more heavy int trinkets after progress since I'm not requierd to heal as much as before. Can't compete with the absorbs overlords anyway.

But for progress I always value spirit very high. Not sure what trinkets to go with but prob Auto and Shard 2.0 if nothing changes
    Last edited by Drefan; 2015-05-08 at 05:56 PM.