Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    ...Aren`t these "news" over a year old?

Why are people still falling for OP`s threads?
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2015-05-02 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    So should it be banned if it features the rape of babies? Because, by your logic, it shouldn't be banned because "no human is getting hurt".

So, will you post here saying "yes, I support the right of people to play games that feature the rape of babies"?
    If your player character is the rapist you're going to have a hard time finding a publisher and you're going to end up with a pretty specific audience, an audience that you're never going to want to meet in person. But that also applies to having the rapist as the protagonist in a book or film.

These are things that really happen IRL though. Banning people from mentioning them in games will hopefully one day be no different to banning people from mentioning them in a book.

A book, film, or game from the point of view of someone else could help people understand what it's like to actually deal with a situation like that. All people normally come out with is "I'd rip his dick off" or something similar. But there's more to the rest of your life and the rest of that baby's life, and this is something that is discussed far less often. Games aren't established enough, and are vilified too often for a game to be the place for this discussion to start any time soon. I'd say that books are currently the only place where you're going to be able to even mention the rape of a child or baby without causing a complete shitstorm.

We're a long way from this point yet in games, but a game from the perspective of that baby once they are grown up, examining how knowing what happened affects their relationships in later life would be an incredibly powerful way of communicating the real impact. Something with far more substance than the sort of stuff people usually get from the news media when something like that happens.

Ban the topic because it's controversial and you stop people from hearing from the victims as well. You relegate the level of discussion and general knowledge to "it's bad m'kay".
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2015-05-02 at 09:50 AM.

Deleted
    I...what even is this? I do not understand.

Deleted
    Probably I shouldnt tell what I do to Pepe while waiting for the endless queues to pop up as damage dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by VodkaRedBull View Post
    btw im not saying that virtual rape is as bad as real rape but it certainly is disgusting and frightening
    Ahh yeah. As frightening as real rape. Congrats on insulting all rape victims. Get a fucking grip.

Be like banning surgeon simulator because you're not actually a doctor and you're killing patients with your lack of control.

anything should be allowed in games, honestly. that said, if rape is added to a game that didn't have it before, then it should be taken care of and not allowed to stay.

when i think about the VR games of the future, i always imagine a basically real world that you're in and if you get caught by bandits, they could choose to rape you. it'd really make the world scary as hell. it's not that i like rape, god no. it's just, fantasy mixed with realism is so much more intriguing than just bland fantasy or mundane realism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    So should it be banned if it features the rape of babies? Because, by your logic, it shouldn't be banned because "no human is getting hurt".

So, will you post here saying "yes, I support the right of people to play games that feature the rape of babies"?
    yes, I support the right of people to play games that feature the rape of babies