Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Archimonde new Ilvl update

I'm wondering, with the last PTR update came a flat 15 Ilvl increase on every item dropping from Archimonde. Given that he drops weapons for a small group of classes, they will have access to 15 ilvl higher weapons than a large amount of other classes in the raid; how do people feel about the implications of this? Or is it simply completely unimportant?

Sorry if there's already been a thread/post on this but I just noticed it & it's peaked my curiosity.

I'm hoping they are still in the process of adding weapons to his loot table. Shit i play a caster with access to a mace/staff of archy and I personally know I'd be furious if they made this live and shafted agi users/tanks/hunters.

All hail DK tanks being the only tank to get a higher than 725 wep! lol

Ya looking at it Agi 1h / polemarm/staff is missing and unless Str/casters are reliant(which they aren't lol) on those to be equal to agi i dont even.

Deleted
    They probably do it cause they see that guilds once geting AoTC mainly ignore farming last boss both in HM and BrF cause they rather progress on mythic then wipeto stupitidly overtuned boss - which may imply that archimond will be stupitidly overtuned on all difficulties too impregnator style -_-

While the mythic weapons doesn't matter a lot, the heroic 725 weapons will mean a great deal.

@Jellosdk oh god how is your dps gonna be when you get your hands on that shit?

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    While the mythic weapons doesn't matter a lot, the heroic 725 weapons will mean a great deal.
    Suppose that's true with it being the "last tier" it's being heralded as. Just feels like a step backward to go all the way back to the strange TBC model style of random handful of classes getting higher ilvl weapons which have a big impact on class balance that is already currently a bit rocky.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    thank god Archimonde doesn't drop a gun.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Megabloks View Post
    PTR is subject to change.
    So let's never discuss it, ever.

Although I do suppose that is a valid view on it.

It sounds similar to DW dropping higher item level loot honestly. I don't mind it much personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So let's never discuss it, ever.

Although I do suppose that is a valid view on it.

It sounds similar to DW dropping higher item level loot honestly. I don't mind it much personally.
    Do you honestly think blizz would only give casters and 2h strength uses 15 ilvl higher weapons than everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Aht View Post
    how i see there is:
    1 hand mace with spellpower
    1 Two hand Sword
    1 Staff with Spellpower

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=17968/arc...de=m:0+10-19+1
    Some of that gear has no or one secondary stat, versatility. Yeah, I'd wait a few more builds before worrying.

Do you honestly think blizz would only give casters and 2h strength uses 15 ilvl higher weapons than everyone else?
    I would believe they would stick one of each weapon onto the boss instead, although I misread OP, I thought they were talking about the idea in general, not classes missing weapon drops

Deleted
    I think it speaks to the quality of the decisions they've made in basically every department since WoD launched that people are even lending the notion credence. I mean, even I don't think they're that dumb (and for the record, I think they're none too bright), but it's hard not to at least consider the idea that they might actually just forget about it or not see the issue with it, considering all the other shit they've pulled.

Deleted
    As it should be, casters are underpowered enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I think it speaks to the quality of the decisions they've made in basically every department since WoD launched that people are even lending the notion credence. I mean, even I don't think they're that dumb (and for the record, I think they're none too bright), but it's hard not to at least consider the idea that they might actually just forget about it or not see the issue with it, considering all the other shit they've pulled.
    Well let's be honest they've done the same thing in the past with final bosses dropping higher Ilvl items for specific classes, that's why it's so believable they could bring it back. Nothing to do with WoD as a product, more by their past actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    As it should be, casters are underpowered enough as it is.
    This has got to be hyperbole and/or trolling so pretty irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post

@Jellosdk oh god how is your dps gonna be when you get your hands on that shit?
    Don't worry I will get the first one you will see lol

I personally know I'd be furious if they made this live and shafted agi users/tanks/hunters.
    Last edited by sseuorosal; 2015-05-05 at 08:08 AM.

don't worry if theres no hunter weapons, hunters will bitch until blizzard implements one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    This has got to be hyperbole and/or trolling so pretty irrelevant.
    It's written by an irrelevant boss so it makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    cool, incomplete patch is incomplete. everyone panic!