Poll: A South Seas Expansion Should Primarily Be About...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    No!

Cata was warm, Panda was warm.. WoD is warm.. ish. No more tropical crap! I want cold! Death, ice and snow! Or at least the Burning Legion if all else fails!
    While the Burning Legion is cool, would you really want an entire expansion about them? Just looking at Tanaan Jungle in 6.2 bores me with all that green fiery gloom everywhere. No room for variety. I believe the Legion is best served in small doses, and the rest of the time it should simply be a looming threat beyond the horizon. Something you keep in mind, but don't need to engage with constantly.

I will agree and say that a cold landscape would be much welcome, however. I really wonder if there is a "Southrend".

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love a healthy mix of everything but Subterranean pulls ahead. It should have some pretty heavy Old God themes. On the surface, the expansion would be about Boats, Pirates, Water, and Exploration but deep down tons of different horrors await.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

I'd prefer ocean based with naval battles and a ship based garrison this time around, since we all know the garrison feature isn't going anywhere. Of course, you could throw in some tropical islands, and even some underwater zones to mix things up. An ocean based, pirate themed expansion would be a lot of fun.

Deleted
    Preferably a mixture of all or most of those. Due to the poor reception to Vash'jir I'd say they'll focus primarily on islands like Kul'tiras, Zandalar, The Broken Isles, Tel Abim, the rest of Kezan etc. I'd like to see some open world naval action as well. You should get to build your own ship and then explore this huge ocean zone in the same vein as Assassin's Creed 4. Ships would serve the same purpose as your garrison, but each would be unique to you, you'd be able to see other people's ships in the open world.

Deleted
    Cata was warm, Panda was warm.. WoD is warm.. ish. No more tropical crap! I want cold! Death, ice and snow! Or at least the Burning Legion if all else fails!
    Winter is coming.

Deleted
    A little bit of every of this.

Kul Tiras for Alliance and Kezan and Undermine with Horde districts(and neutral parts). Tropical Broken Isles, Darkspear Isles,etc. underwater heart of Naga empire because nagas are the most dangerous underwater, some caves and subterranean staff for Old gods and faceless ones staff.
    And ofc Plunder Island and loads of pirate and naval themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I see! Would you say that falls under "Underwater", then?
    Azshara doesn't necessarily have to be all "underwater". I (and many others) still think there's a chance she could/would raise a land-mass out of the ocean to become a new island.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    While the Burning Legion is cool, would you really want an entire expansion about them? Just looking at Tanaan Jungle in 6.2 bores me with all that green fiery gloom everywhere. No room for variety. I believe the Legion is best served in small doses, and the rest of the time it should simply be a looming threat beyond the horizon. Something you keep in mind, but don't need to engage with constantly.

I will agree and say that a cold landscape would be much welcome, however. I really wonder if there is a "Southrend".
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who really isn't into the asthetics of the burning legion. I was sick of it in BC, and I'm still sick of it today. :P

"Southrend" was always basically assumed as Pandaria by most people for years (but you never know, they can put land masses anywhere they want really...)

That person says Pandaria and Draenor are tropical? Is he forgetting Kun-Lai summit and Frostfire? I think Frostfire itself makes up for any non-cold climates. :P

And it's really weird to say "No more warm climates... unless it's the burning legion." As they're the definition of warm/fire really >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Choice. Blizzard seems to want no one to have any choice with regard to anything anymore.

If I want to do dailies for rep, let me do dailies for rep. If I want to grind mobs for rep, let me grind mobs for rep. If I want to run dungeons for rep, let me run dungeons for rep. And they could have multiple avenues of approaching anything in this game, as they have in the past...

There is just less and less in the game now and few, if any, options for doing anything.

You want gear... RAID
    You want rep... GRIND
    You want anything to do other than those two things... GARRISON

Nothing. Else. At. All.

Deleted
    The naga in outland lived in a cave under water.

I think we will see more like these things like the 3 dungeons and the raid in tbc but then build into a zone.
    Ofc we will Islands aswell.

So my hopes 50% Islands - 50% under water / caves

Deleted
    I think the south seas will be one of the best expansions out there for the variety of story progressions.

If Gul'dan does leave Draenor in attempt to find Sargeras's Tomb then we get to follow his journey and see what he will do. I doubt he will last this entire expansion and will likely be dispatched in the first raid tier or so. Or maybe pull another Garrosh in Draenor. But at least we can see his demise.
    This means there could potentially be another skull of Gul'dan out there which could connect to the whole Demon Hunter stuff since Illidan used the previous one to train them. It may not happen this expansion though.

Then there is the whole Azshara storyline what people have waited for for 10 years, for obvious reasons it would be awesome.

The isles are also Troll heavy with Zandalar and Darkspear Isle. This meaning that we get a mid Troll patch. This will be good to finally push some Vol'jin storyline along since he has sat on his ass for the most part of this expansion. Who doesn't like Trolls.

Then there is the whole Neptulon thing, which will probably connect to a dormant old god and Azshara. Having any one of the three sounds exiting enough.

Deleted
    No!

Try playing Horde in WoD. You get PLENTY of cold in the Garrison.

Deleted
    I dont like cold regions.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should involve island hopping, underwater exploring and open water/naval combat. So really, a combination of the poll options.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    unlikely that x6 will be south seas. There would be literally no way for them to tie it into the story moving on from Draenor. At the very least they could tie MoP to Draenor because Garrosh was "Orc Power" and wanted to stop the legion because of the story Wrathion fabricated to him. I just don't see how they could pull together south seas from us being in another universe completely. X6 is most likely demon themed, probably twisting nether/argus/other worlds the legion conqurored. Possibly even before that we have to earn the blessing of the titans for a whole expansion and going to the "Great Dark Beyond" and exploring that area doing crap for the titans to earn the trust and then x7 will be us going to the twisting nether to fight the dread lords and sargeras.
    Gul'dan escapes to our azeroth to finish what he started and raises the temple of Sargeras again, where the eye of sargeras was returned. He is defeated but Azshara takes notice, launching an all-out attack and taking the eye of Sargeras in the process. She is now a threat to the safety of azeroth that cannot be ignored. The Alliance and Horde dispatch their fleets to contain this threat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiite View Post
    Try playing Horde in WoD. You get PLENTY of cold in the Garrison.
    But Im like a human and junk! Have to agree though, Frostfire Ridge is cool, best zone In WoD even.

Still I think we deserve a cold, undead or demon expansion for a change. The tropical/warm ones are getting boring and lets face it, most people hated Vashj'ir.

Deleted
    In some way i also hope they place a tauren patch inside somewhere in the futher.
    Where Baine builds a dam and drain the water out of 1k needles but then the grimtotems attack to try to claim the zone for there tribe.

Hope that at some point they can fit the grimtotem plot in if not in a south sea then somewhere else.

Oh, what i would give for Archeage-esque naval combat.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bigger dev team, bigger region.

Mix of tropical islands, open sea, and underwater ruins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    Oh, what i would give for Archeage-esque naval combat.
    Yes please.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I've always been partial to the idea of Azshara raising a massive continent from the ocean floor. I think they learned their lesson with Cataclysm about having zones too far spread out. A massive continent with a smaller "continent" of an ocean with a variety of islands that can be added/used for patch content.

Though I think it would be awesome to have an "underwater" expansion in windwaker form. Like having this kingdom under the waves that isn't necessarily in the water itself anymore.

Sunken Ruins tileset of War3 for a start. Tropical setting would trump any underwater stuff, but it'd be cool to see a coral forest raised above land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.