Deleted

Looking to purchase a new mouse

My old Logitech G500 is starting to fail, (right click working maybe 1/3 times), so I'm looking for a new gaming mouse.

Currently my attention goes towards:
    Logitech Proteus Core G502 (€65 or $73)
    Razer DeathAdder Chroma (€67 or $75)
    SteelSeries Rival (€51 or $57)

The Steelseries is a cheaper solution, whereas the former two are around the same price range, at least in my country. However, is it worth the extra cost in terms of performance, ergonomics and material quality?
    Any other suggestions in terms of hardware is also much appreciated.

I am currently playing games like WoW, BF4, CS:GO and GTA5.

Thanks for your input!

15+ Year Old Account
    I have the deathadder chroma and it is really really nice. Feels really good in your hands and is super responsive. It's got a very nice thick high-quality cord to it as well

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    I have the Logitech Proteus Core G502. I doesn't have many buttons but there are enough for me. The software to configure it is user-friendly and finally, its size is perfect for my hands

The only mouse on that list that doesn't have baked in hardware acceleration is the Logitech, which is important since you're playing stuff like CS:GO.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I recommend Steelseries over Razer. From my own experience Razer tends to have a short life span and can have a multitude of software failures. For example; I bought a Razer Naga Hex to replace my Steelseries. Months after purchase my Razer started to have cursor lag, a common problem if you search google. The lag got unbearable so I just used my Steelseries. My ol' Steelseries mouse is still responsive and didnt have any problems. I loved the concept of the Razer Naga but Steelseries proved to be more reliable and functional.

15+ Year Old Account
    Goes to show personal experience means nothing. I've had nothing but razer mouses for years, and none have experienced any issues you mentioned, and I only upgraded for the sake of it, and given predecessors to friends, whom are still using it.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    The only mouse on that list that doesn't have baked in hardware acceleration is the Logitech, which is important since you're playing stuff like CS:GO.
    The Steelseries Rival doesn't have any hardware acceleration. Apparently according to some test it can have very slight jitter at very high DPI settings on some hard mousepads, but that's not the same thing as having acceleration and is honestly a very specific issue.

OP: I'd go with either the G502 or Rival, both are very good.
    I have a Rival and it's worked perfectly for about a year now, a small caveat is that the rubber grips on the side of the mouse gets gradually worn down with use. It's a cosmetic thing but if that bothers you, go for the G502.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    OP: I'd go with either the G502 or Rival, both are very good.
    I have a Rival and it's worked perfectly for about a year now, a small caveat is that the rubber grips on the side of the mouse gets gradually worn down with use. It's a cosmetic thing but if that bothers you, go for the G502.
    I have heard about the rubber surface gets worn down rather quickly, this kinda turns me off regarding this product. I've been using a friends Deathadder for almost a day now, it fits my hand really well and i like the rubber surface on it. I guess it's the same style surface as the Rival? If so, I wonder if the Deathadder is gonna wear down too quick as well. However, the sides on the Deathadder is glossy plastic which starts to feel annoying after a few hours use.
    I suppose im leaning towards the G502 then.

Also thanks to everybody for their input so far.

I was going to start my own forum but since one is out already on getting a new mouse, I will just add my problem here.

Brief history. I started using the Logitech G300, a cheap gaming mouse with the buttons located on the top. When this mouse failed I knew I would have issues trying to find a mouse similar but better quality. The G300 was nice while it lasted but did not last long. The other issue is I have small to medium size hands. Even though the G300 was small it was actually too small and I started to get cramps.

Moving on I found the Genius Gila. Great mouse while it lasted, maybe about a year but nothing but issues now. This mouse had the right weight (adjustable), several buttons on top, a low profile but wide enough to not get cramps. It feels amazing. I do not want to go with another mouse that cannot last more than a year. So I am considering moving back to logitech but would consider a razer.

I tried the Naga Hex once and it just did not work. I had 2 of them in less than a month and both had issues with the side buttons. I liked the Nage 12 button but I cannot use all the buttons since I have a stub for a thumb.

I like buttons. I know logitech redesigned their gaming mouse line. So I am concerned with trying the G300s again because I feel it is going to be similar to the old G300. I thought about the G700s with 4 buttons on the side and 4 on top (3 on the left side and one in the middle under the wheel, it shows 2 buttons but one is to adjust the wheel). I also considered the G602s but thought I may have an issue with the 2 back side buttons. This mouse also only offers 2 buttons on the top. I love the top buttons. There are now other mouse that offers anything like that but the new Roccat one but I had a keyboard from them and it was garbage.

So my options is either.
    G300s
    G602s
    G700s

Or trying the Razer Naga Hex agian.

What is your experience?

Steelseries Kana v2.

Deleted
    Can´t beat logitech for quality, design and customer support.. IMO razer is the most overrated plastic crapware around.

Deleted
    MX518/G400 is the best mouse ever made. Just get a new G400s.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadley-II View Post
    MX518/G400 is the best mouse ever made. Just get a new G400s.
    Well now, that's strange... I just recently was looking at the Logitech site for a replacement for my ancient mx510 - I thought there was a successor, but I couldn't find it and didn't know it's name. After I read this I searched Google for it, and it showed up on one of their EU sites. Switched to their US site and no sign of it. It's out of stock on NewEgg, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's put it this way. I have been using my Mx518 for well over 7 years now and it is holding up like it's brand new.

I have a naga 2014 and I just put it away for good because glue keeps seeping through the side grips on the mouse and the thumb buttons are loud as hell. The whole mouse feels pretty cheap as well.

I have a g600 and it's an alright mouse. I think the concave features in the thumb buttons really throw me off, but I also have fat hands so that could be a reason as well.

I have owned the steelseries raw mice and they are all good, however just do yourself a favor and go on amazon and get an offbrand gaming mouse with 5 buttons. It isn't worth spending 50-60 bucks when you can get the exact same thing, probably from the same production plant, for 10 bucks.

I have messed around with the RAT7 before and I just can't get into the mouse. It's got too much going on for me. Too many zim zams and bip boops to fuck with.

Have tried most of the new logitech line and while they don't have the old sturdy feel anymore, they still feel decent. And I haven't heard as many bad things about new logitech as you hear with razer/SS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Deleted
    I have the Rival, and I will recommend it

Do note, and this depends on the size of your hand (mine are big),
    the mouse is quite narrow, compared to let's say a Sensei, don't know about others.

This doesn't mean it's bad, perfect for me, but some people may be surprised.

Anyway, Steelseries Rival, perfect for FPS

The Deathadder has a nice chassis that fits the hand very well (unlike say the Naga which appears to have been designed for Japanese schoolgirls). It gets the job done, I like mine, but is pretty much just your basic mouse. Nothing fancy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Can´t beat logitech for quality, design and customer support.. IMO razer is the most overrated plastic crapware around.
    I've used a bunch of Razer stuff, and a bunch of non-Razer stuff. I don't really get the hate-on some people have for Razer, I'd say they're about the same as their competition. I've never had a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Ok, I recently purchased a couple of new mouses. I tried the 700 and since I have smaller hands I could not reach all the top buttons. I use those the most. I returned it and tried the 600. This thing is huge. Much larger than the naga. It had a nice feel to it but I could not grip it. It felt like a softball in my hands. Too big for long hours of killing dragons. I have several old mouses laying around to get the feel of things as well as my fiance who has the naga epic. I have a broken hex, and an old 300. I like the 300 but it is cheap and feels cheap for $30. Not sure how the new 300s is. Ideally this is a good mouse for me. I also was holding and messing with the naga hex and I have to say I like the feel of this also. I later started messing with the naga epic. I was not sure about the side buttons though. The bow out instead of in. The new naga Chroma and the expert actually bow them inward now. So after returning the logitech mouses I bought the naga expert. I currently have it. It does not feel as nice as the older naga but the side thumbs buttons are a lot better bowing inward instead of out. I will see how things go during our raid this week.

GO with the Logitech G700(s)... Best mouse in my opinion.