[REQUEST GUIDE] Garrison Follower Optimization

Okay, so I might get a few "let-me-google-that-for-you"'s now, but my question is, is there any good and thorough guides out there on how to get the absolute best composition of followers to cover mostly all needs regarding missions? I've been searching a bit, but I didn't find any particular guides that actually made sense or were comprehensive enough for my needs.

I don't think there is a set guide on best follower composition because they all have random traits and abilities. That said having power leveled 5 alts to 100 and trying to level their followers asap here's my 2cents...

What you want: curse.com Master Plan addon - let's you quickly see how many of which counters you have, great for planning follower composition and numerous other benefits.
    Master plan has a tab at your mission table which shows you a list of the more important missions - raid missions, gold rewards, apexis, primals, GR, etc. with a list of what follower counters are required to get 100% on the mission. There's a list of some 40 of these important missions. The list shows what counters are needed for each mission, and what your current success rate for any given mission is with your current followers - this sounds like exactly the information you are looking for.

Also useful: Optimizing Treasure Hunter and Scavenger recruitment: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mization-Guide

Not as useful/practical but cool: http://www.wowhead.com/news=247018/g...0-all-missions

Tips: On my main, with the intention of mythic loot being the most important result, I recruited some 15 High Stamina followers (which was a bit overkill). I suggest as you are leveling followers to have at least 2 of all 9 counters, as they reach epic you'll certainly be covered for abilities for most missions. With legendary follower, 100%ing many missions is easier without high stamina, so I would suggest recruiting treasure hunters or scavengers for income. You can look at the Master Plan list to see if the missions that are desirable are at 100%, and focus entirely on followers for economy after that.

It's also worthwhile to run around grabbing the easy to obtain followers to hopefully proc a rare/epic upgrade. Saves a ton of time in leveling, adds a lot to mission success chance immediately.
    Here's my list for horde followers that are speedy to obtain (~30min):
    FFR: Dagg, Shadow Hunter Rala, Mulverick, Weaponsmith Na’shra, Gronnstalker Rokash
    Gorgrond: Tormook, Blook
    Talador: Aeda Brightdawn (rare), Pleasurebot, Ahm
    Spires: Benjamin Gibb, Leorajh
    Warspear: Fen Tao, Vivianne (rare)
    Dungeon: Leeroy, Croman (epic 100) - take time but guaranteed level 100 epic.
    Last edited by ilostmahbucket; 2015-05-02 at 06:31 PM.

If you mean you want just three followers that can do all mission with 100% including raid mission, then yes you can.
    You just need right trait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    If you're looking for optimization, some information that needs to be known: If you're Horde, there is no reason to keep Alliance race followers on your roster once you have enough followers in your listing. You can't ever get a racial bonus for their race. This includes Ahm, Leeroy, Croman, Millhouse, and eventually, Harrison Jones. I would only drop Harrison once you have enough followers in your roster that you're entirely confident you'll keep permanently, and these followers are already max level and rarity.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Thanks for the feedback, I'll check it out and see how it works

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    If you're looking for optimization, some information that needs to be known: If you're Horde, there is no reason to keep Alliance race followers on your roster once you have enough followers in your listing. You can't ever get a racial bonus for their race. This includes Ahm, Leeroy, Croman, Millhouse, and eventually, Harrison Jones. I would only drop Harrison once you have enough followers in your roster that you're entirely confident you'll keep permanently, and these followers are already max level and rarity.
    You can only get it with random trait generator, cost 1000 gr.
    (which is waste of time so just throw them away)

Provided the mission shows up, I like teaching a follower Ogre Buddy, and that follower matching whatever racial preference Blook has

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    You can only get it with random trait generator, cost 1000 gr.
    (which is waste of time so just throw them away)
    In my many, many rerolls across all of my horde characters, never have I seen an alliance racial. Same with my Alliance character, have never seen a Horde racial.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    In my many, many rerolls across all of my horde characters, never have I seen an alliance racial. Same with my Alliance character, have never seen a Horde racial.
    Have it twice in same Orc in my alliance alt.
    First time she gain it naturally when she reach epic quality(or was it rare?), second time when I re-roll her skill few time with garrison resources item because I didn't won't to retire someone with 675 ilvl because she have useless craft trait.
    http://imgur.com/8MF7Udi

Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    Have it twice in same Orc in my alliance alt.
    First time she gain it naturally when she reach epic quality(or was it rare?), second time when I re-roll her skill few time with garrison resources item because I didn't won't to retire someone with 675 ilvl because she have useless craft trait.
    http://imgur.com/8MF7Udi
    They aren't saying an orc can't get an alliance race trait. They're saying you will never get Child of Draenor on any of your followers as alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    They aren't saying an orc can't get an alliance race trait. They're saying you will never get Child of Draenor on any of your followers as alliance.
    Strange, I though horde cant get alliance race trait from Inn same way alliance can't get horde race trait from Inn.