Deleted

Did you change something behind the scenes involving reporting?

I've found that reporting posts suddenly went a lot smoother: you no longer have like 10 seconds that you need to wait for your report to go through, like it used to be.

The only thing I miss now is a system where you don't need to manually type things in. Something like they use in Stack Overflow, where reporting someone just shows a number of predetermined options with the last option if something needs moderator attention. Because it's really one of the last remaining reasons I don't bother reporting on this site.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to vary a little bit. Nothing was recently changed AFAIK.

Manually typing things in is important, since people report stuff for a wide variety of reason. For example, people report their threads in the guild recruitment section to ask for thread title amendments based on their progress, and we need them to be able to input in the new desired title. There are a lot of similar uses to this besides just ticking a "flaming" or "trolling" box or what have you.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It's going to vary a little bit. Nothing was recently changed AFAIK.

Manually typing things in is important, since people report stuff for a wide variety of reason. For example, people report their threads in the guild recruitment section to ask for thread title amendments based on their progress, and we need them to be able to input in the new desired title. There are a lot of similar uses to this besides just ticking a "flaming" or "trolling" box or what have you.
    Stack overflow also has that:

Of course, I have no idea how the different report reasons compare in frequency to one another, but this is still possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Stack overflow also has that:

Of course, I have no idea how the different report reasons compare in frequency to one another, but this is still possible.
    Stack Overflow has a respect system which opens up certain options like the above as you gain reputation with your peers. They also have shall we say, slightly more intelligent people on there than MMOC.

Not sure it would work here because it can get rather too cliquey.