Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Full raiding schedule throughout summer?

Why do guilds do this? Especially when the content has been out for months. I see the majority of guilds on my server raiding 3 or more nights and a total of 10+ hrs a week.

It seems really ridiculous considering that there is so much to do for the majority of the playerbase when it's summer. Why constrain yourself to a full raiding schedule for content that's not even new and exciting anymore?

Deleted
    Some people like to raid and if you do not want to raid 3+days/w during the summer you can always tell your guild you want to take a break or find another guild who raids less

Uh, it isn't summer right now for one? Two the odds are during summer there is new content, three what you enjoy will never be enjoyed for everyone.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2015-05-02 at 09:57 PM.

It's not summer in the vast majority of the world right now. Pretty sure that both EU and US are only in the spring months. Also, pretty sure that only guilds that HASN'T cleared the full content (EG, still have "fresh content" left to do) raid full time. Thus, your question is both stupid AND contradicting; A guild that has cleared everything (and thus isn't faced with fresh content) won't be raiding full schedules, and a guild that does raid full schedule still has new/fresh content left to do, thus they have not run out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Why do guilds do this? Especially when the content has been out for months. I see the majority of guilds on my server raiding 3 or more nights and a total of 10+ hrs a week.

It seems really ridiculous considering that there is so much to do for the majority of the playerbase when it's summer. Why constrain yourself to a full raiding schedule for content that's not even new and exciting anymore?
    Why is there this belief that summer offers so much to do? The average person might take a week or two vacation in the summers, they'll take time off for the holidays like July 4th in the US, and maybe they'll have barbecues or days at the lake or something on the weekend.

But people still work during the summer, and people still have families and responsibilities during the summer. Pretty much the only people who suddenly have a different schedule during the summer are students, and they have more time to spend on games like WoW than they do during the winter.

Basically what I'm saying is that any guild which raids Tues-Thurs, 12 hours a week has no reason to put off raiding because some people might have busier schedules during the weekends and have holidays coming up.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends when the raid was released of course, but we have a 'holiday' schedule. Usually 1-2 nights a week rather than the customary 3.

Though for some...you must realize this... raiding is how they spend their free time... to them, raiding is relaxing, a mini vacation in it's own right. Shocking I know, but for some this is the reality.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Maybe because some people enjoy raiding. Be it summer or winter you can always make the claim that people will spend more time outside. I'm 10/10M and we're only raiding 4-6 hours a week now, on progress it's 4 raidnights, a burst of raiding to get to a more casual schedule. Nothing really changes for me in the summer, I guess I get more time to play during vacation (1-5 weeks). The only real change we made as a guild last year was 2 weeks of 10man raiding because some people wanted a break, this year I think we're just going to keep raiding without break.

Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    Why is there this belief that summer offers so much to do? The average person might take a week or two vacation in the summers, they'll take time off for the holidays like July 4th in the US, and maybe they'll have barbecues or days at the lake or something on the weekend.

But people still work during the summer, and people still have families and responsibilities during the summer. Pretty much the only people who suddenly have a different schedule during the summer are students, and they have more time to spend on games like WoW than they do during the winter.

Basically what I'm saying is that any guild which raids Tues-Thurs, 12 hours a week has no reason to put off raiding because some people might have busier schedules during the weekends and have holidays coming up.
    I think it's the "don't have school" part. And most prefer to have their vacations/holidays in the summer. Sort of like why Christmas break most guilds don't raid. Lots go on vacation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I think it's the "don't have school" part. And most prefer to have their vacations/holidays in the summer. Sort of like why Christmas break most guilds don't raid. Lots go on vacation.
    I understand that completely. But unless your family takes a month off for vacation at a time, you shouldn't be lacking that many raiders because of family vacation. Not to mention summer is 3 months long, so the "vacation" could be anywhere in that timeframe. Christmas break is bad because it's only a two week timeframe that most people will go on vacation for.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

simple question - "how do you kill something what has no-life?" comes to my mind as answear to this

Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post

US person spotted, the average person here will have atleast 5 weeks of vacation during summer. My mom have 7-9 weeks of vacation with full pay every summer (:

It was snowing here in Sweden today so not rly summer yet.
    Doubt most guilds raid 3days per week during summer, never been in one that doesn't have a break.
    If u cleared everything its also easy to farm it, many only need 3h~ to clear 10/10m.

Deleted
    Because some people quite like the game. Also, as has been said many times before, IRL may have great graphics but the gameplay sucks.

Why are you bothered that there are people enjoying the game? Do you think that just because you don't want to play the game, no-one else should? How is them playing hurting you?

The reality is that 6.2 is going to be most likely released sometime in late June or July, which is going to force all serious raiding guilds to maintain a full schedule during the summer. I see the timing of this tier being particularly disastrous to a lot of Mythic raiding guilds. With all of the upheaval and fall out that has gone on during the current tier, there are a lot of guilds hanging on by a string right now. If you introduce attendance problems from summer vacations, etc to the release of a new raid tier, it will be the last straw that pushes a lot of those guilds into implosion - probably even moreso than BRF in general has sunk a lot of guilds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    The reality is that 6.2 is going to be most likely released sometime in late June or July, which is going to force all serious raiding guilds to maintain a full schedule during the summer. I see the timing of this tier being particularly disastrous to a lot of Mythic raiding guilds. With all of the upheaval and fall out that has gone on during the current tier, there are a lot of guilds hanging on by a string right now. If you introduce attendance problems from summer vacations, etc to the release of a new raid tier, it will be the last straw that pushes a lot of those guilds into implosion - probably even moreso than BRF in general has sunk a lot of guilds.
    I was allways in semi serious raiding guilds (actually 8/10m). Usually you will struggle from time to time to have enough people for raids during summer, and sometimes a raid will not happen because of people missing....but usually the guilds i was raiding in didn t make a summerbreak for like 8 weeks or something.....so obviosly most people still enjoy raiding, even during summer.

But anyway, OP s post ist anyway just about saying "look at me, I m just such a taff guy having fun in summer and u guys are all no-life-nerds"

Ceasing raiding for a couple months is a great way for a guild to die. Sometimes its just necessary to keep raiding going for the health of the guild, like the 14 months we had for SoO. Your guild takes a "break" because a few people want to quit until new content or take an extended break for summer, what about all the people who don't want to take a break? They find other guilds.

A "holiday schedule" seems like a great idea but my guild already only raids 7 hours a week so reducing that would pretty much destroy our progression (currently 8/10M)

I feel like pointless posts like this are always very telling in their true intent because the OP never actually responds. They just want to make a stupid grandstanding statement and then walk away from it. It is exactly like if somebody stepped up onto a podium in a crowded auditorium, screamed 'I AM BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU' and then struts off of the podium and promptly vanishes, presumably because they fell in a hole and died.

I've been very happy with 25 hours a week during my prime time, 10 hours is nothing. I actually prefer to stay at home with my AC than to be somewhere out there with such ridiculous temperatues. I fucking hate summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    I've been very happy with 25 hours a week during my prime time, 10 hours is nothing. I actually prefer to stay at home with my AC than to be somewhere out there with such ridiculous temperatues. I fucking hate summer.

Amen. Spring is nice, summer is just shit.

Deleted

There's nothing else to do, it being summer doesn't change anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    at home with my AC than to be somewhere out there with such ridiculous temperatues. I fucking hate summer.
    Does it even get warm in Scandinavia? Having AC there seems like overkill, especially considering the more southern parts like France and Germany rarely has AC in residential buildings.