10+ Year Old Account

Determining Windows License/Channel Source

I'm trying to find some information, and simply can't seem to google-fu it properly. I'm hoping someone here might know.

When you activate windows, the System section shows a "Product ID". From that number, you can determine where your license came from.

It's in the format of xxxxx-yyy-zzzzzzz-zzzzz

X being the MPC, Y being the Channel ID.

I'm trying to find a list of what those numbers designate to, but I can only find Windows XP info. Nothing on Win 7/8.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Windows 7 partial list

slmgr is probably the answer to your need.
    It says my Win7pro (dreamspark) -> Win8 pro (20€ first month offer) comes from retail channel, and Lenovo tablet with CD-key saved to UEFI comes from "OEM_DM" channel.
    Last edited by fixx; 2015-05-03 at 10:10 AM.

slmgr /dli should show indeed what you are looking for.

This will show name, discription (part of which is the channel), partial product key and license status.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those do sort of help, but only if the code is activated on the system using the command.

I did however solve the problem, sort of. I just chatted with microsoft support and gave them the keys, and they let me know what it was, and if its been activated. That effectively solved my problem in a roundabout sort of way.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab