Poll: What is your relationship to Raiding?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kajeet18 View Post
    HA! LFR isnt raiding.
    You are wrong. A raid "[...] is a type of mission in a video game in which a number of people attempt to defeat a boss monster or consecutive series of bosses". It doesn't precise any difficulty. So, stricto sensu, LFR is raiding. I will however agree it is not organized raiding.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_%28gaming%29

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    You are wrong. A raid "[...] is a type of mission in a video game in which a number of people attempt to defeat a boss monster or consecutive series of bosses". It doesn't precise any difficulty. So, stricto sensu, LFR is raiding. I will however agree it is not organized raiding.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_%28gaming%29
    WoW is not even a video game, it's a computer game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    WoW is not even a video game, it's a computer game.
    I often wondered before if you were being intentionally obtuse, now I know.

Raiding, no matter the format, is raiding. You are in a raid group, in a raid, killing a raid boss. Difficulty is no matter.

There's a group that 5 manned all of normal BRF. Is Normal BRF not a raid anymore because of that?
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2015-05-04 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I often wondered before if you were being intentionally obtuse, now I know.

Raiding, no matter the format, is raiding. You are in a raid group, in a raid, killing a raid boss. Difficulty is no matter.

There's a group that 5 manned all of normal BRF. Is Normal BRF not a raid anymore because of that?
    Well, they did it outside a raid group, as it was only 5 man it wont be considered a raid :O So perhaps BRF as a whole isn't a raid anymore, because 5 people 5 manned it..

Seriously though, why does it matter for people if LFR is a raid or not? If people enjoy doing it, it is good enough for them, and to all those who hate on LFR, it wont even bother you at all.

I am a HC raider mostly, done some Mythic (HC before) mostly 25 man. Retired, and just do LFR when I feel like it, or PUG when I can be arsed to do "organized raiding" with random asshats that leaves after one wipe. Fuck me, but LFR is way better than PuGing. At least you can kill a couple of bosses without people crying because they lost the roll on an item they "deserved". The community in this game is too toxic man..
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

9/10M raider, first time doing hard content in WoW.

Started playing back in WoTLK, was a casual from then until the start of WoD. Seen my friends raiding heroic/mythic and wanted more for myself, so I started putting effort in and getting better. Having a blast raiding with my current group, sucks being a melee (Unholy DK) on M Blackhand progress though.

Did from BC up to mists, nowadays i've tried but its just so stale. Stand in a round room, avoid aoe and attack things in a set order. Occasionally you get something that mixes the formulae up but they are too few and far between. Raiding in WoW feels like a hollow leftover of 90's gaming to me. Its just not a fun exercise for all the time that goes into it and purple fever lost its allure long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Even though it need less organization and skill than hc dungeons?
    Heroic needs less skill than mythic.

Normal needs less skill than heroic.

LFR needs less skill than normal.

So when is raiding, "raiding"?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a "Backup Raider", no real raiding dates, only available on Saturdays for friends who might need my tanking or dps.

Missing a 6th option: Legendary Raider

In the world of bad analogies, yours is in the pantheon.
    I'm pretty sure you don't know what 'pantheon' means

Happily a LFR "raider" - it's less fuss and muss than real raiding and I have a good experience so long as I turn off Instance chat - the "real raiders" are the only ones that ever bitch about anything, so I just choose to ignore them.

Quit in Wod because BRF is just another Siege Of Orcs. so i just did the legendary questline for feats.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Though I selected the "I don't raid", I do on occasion do the LFR, but not enough that I would bother saying I do it on a weekly basis. I have raided in several of previous expansion, It was fine when I did it at the end of BC and through Wrath, but simply started tanking in Cata and once I got to the end of that expansion, I just hung it up for good. The LFR was decent content wise in MoP, but the people not so much. Now the content is more lamer (than doing a normal dungeon), which has lead to less of a people issues since they gutted both the content and the gear it has, because people could not play nice together.

Though I still farm older raid content, I have no desire to go back to raiding or do much group in this game, because a lot of people from a behavioral standpoint, just suck ass. There are people at all levels that feel like they should be made special or they have a special need to feel the power of the Internet between their toes or something. They somehow feel that since another person can't see them or don't know where they live or whatever it is. They feel they can just simply treat other like and absolute piece of crap. There seem to be a lot them in this game, because they simply been in every single guild I have been in since the end of Cata.

People want to know why people don't want to raid or do other group style content. Well when you have to deal with a lot these types of people the desire to want to diminishes over the course of time.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2015-05-06 at 07:54 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    What ho,

Considering Blizzard seems to be spending more and more of its resources on raid dungeons, I figured it would be interesting to find out what we all raid, if we raid at all.

What is your relationship to raiding, at the present?

Poll results here are going to be skewed. You really can't use the results for anything.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Retired. Would like to return some day.

Was doing Heroic SOO with a solid 10m group, but trying to recruit up to 20m for Mythic pretty much killed us.

Did N/H HM, but once the guild fell apart and everyone transferred servers or quit, I just figured it wasn't worth the effort.

I don't find LFR enjoyable, and PuGing tends to be toxic so I just elected to drop down to not raiding.

Sad, because I do enjoy the challenge, but I'll adapt. Have hopes for Mythic dungeons.

I used to raid frequently between Vanilla and Cata.
    Towards the end of Cata though, it just seemed to be a chore. Yes, we got new 'mechanics' for fights, but it all really just came down to gettign the new shiney for the current XP/Patch.

Adding in LFR, and trying to keep internal guild drama from imploding Raiding groups, and I've had enough i suppose. Haven't even touched the raids yet this XP.

Pet collectin ont he other hand....

I suppose it's a good thign i don't have the spare cash to raid the Blizz-Store, lol.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic raider in the sense that I raid through the group finder.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Heroic needs less skill than mythic.

Normal needs less skill than heroic.

LFR needs less skill than normal.

So when is raiding, "raiding"?
    Mythic raiding is a joke difficulty wise when you compare it to some other games and their skill floors/ceilings and is the only thing you can describe as raiding. Everything below Mythic is nothing but demonstration of how sad our times are and how shit people are at everything they do and also not raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've pugged a couple normal/flex in MOP and I loved the Tol Barad raid in Cata but I have no interest in organized raiding, simply because I have no desire to. I don't want to be on vent or any other chat software and I don't want to spend hours with the same group of people (the most I want to spend with people is about an hour tops, about 30 mins at a time is about perfect for me).

Don't get me wrong I love group content and I spend almost my entire time in wow in a group (LFR, random 5 man or a random BG) but I can do that all on my own time without having to be chained to a schedule. I completely understand why people want to and enjoy it but I have other activities outside of WOW that are social for me so I don't really seek it in game.

Deleted
    I do heroic raiding only, as I have alot of other RL responsibilities and Mythic is too much effort for me.