Deleted

Spammers getting out of hand

Is there no way to set appropriate counter-measures for them?
    Every day it looks like this, and they dont seem to give up either:

I try to help and report them as much as I can but they just dont go away.
    I just dont understand why they try to advertise their crap on a website where nobody cares or have any interest.
    And the advertisements are terrible in quality as well, it must be some kind of bot someone has made.

Do MMO-C have anything to fight these spam-bots off other than user-reports?

Considering the fact that this is the first time I've ever seen spam on these forums like this I'm going to go ahead and assume that something broke. Looks like whatever spam prevention system MMO-Champion uses just stopped completely.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Considering the fact that this is the first time I've ever seen spam on these forums like this I'm going to go ahead and assume that something broke. Looks like whatever spam prevention system MMO-Champion uses just stopped completely.
    It's not the first time it's happened. It seems like occasionally the spammers just find a way to get through, and then after a day or so MMOC gets the hole boarded up and stops them from doing it for a few weeks.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yeah, those threads on rogue changes are unbearable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of how the old newsgroups used to be. They eventually filled up with constant spam like this for fake Gucci watches, shoes and handbags with absolutely no way to stop it unless you had some kind of spam filtering on the client side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Report them and we will clear them up as quickly as we can