maybe bottlenecking?

so i bought a 970 yesterday and was wondering if my 2500k oc'd to 4.5 is hurting my system now with the upgrade to the gpu?

Deleted
    nope it doesn't. The 2500k is still a powerful cpu especially occed like you have, no bottlenecks there.

WoW as well as many other games, doesn't benefit much from CPU's with more than 2 cores as there's not much FPS increase from HT or more cores for that matter. What matters mostly is CPU frequency and type, in this perspective, i5 didn't evolve much since the old 860's to the new 4670's so an investment in this matter doesnt help much. Overclocking the CPU helps quite a lot tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evlmind View Post
    i5 didn't evolve much since the old 860's to the new 4670's so an investment in this matter doesnt help much. Overclocking the CPU helps quite a lot tho.
    The jump from lynnfield to sandybridge was quite big. Ever since sandy bridge it has been rather lack luster.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    The jump from lynnfield to sandybridge was quite big. Ever since sandy bridge it has been rather lack luster.
    Money.
    More people started actually buying PC parts.