Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is a country that for several years denied the existence of AIDS - and this wasn't too long ago, either. Early 2000's iirc.

Deleted
    " the first 10 million people(who already tested positive) to volunteer to have their HIV statuses tatted on their genitals would be given a R50 000 funeral expense voucher"

I don´t know how to react to this

It sounds practical. There would be an age limit so little kids wouldn't be made fun of? Seems like a lot could go wrong.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    " the first 10 million people(who already tested positive) to volunteer to have their HIV statuses tatted on their genitals would be given a R50 000 funeral expense voucher"

It seems morbid, true, but in a world where it costs a fair bit just to die (if you want your remains handled respectfully, for your survivors' sake), that's nothing to sneeze at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post

That's a lot of money, I don't buy that. Must be a joke.

10 million x R50 000 (roughly 4k euros) = 40 BILLION EUROS.

Like wtf, really?!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I see people being less likely to be tested by this cause of the stigmata it would place upon anyone that would take it and be found positive. Surely there has to be better ways than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It sounds practical. There would be an age limit so little kids wouldn't be made fun of? Seems like a lot could go wrong.
    Tattoo near genitals. Not on the arm or forehead for everyone to know. It's in a place where only those who are about to have sex with you so have the right to know your status, would know. It's not a shaming scarlet letter method.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    http://www.wilfredasuquo.com/2015/05...ve-people.html

can't be 100% sure on source, but seems legit.

President Zuma signed a bill that seem to be the greatest step in history of trying to combat HIV. From now on every person who gets tested and found to be HIV positive would not just get counselling and medication. They would also get a mark in a form of a tattoo near their genital according to the bill signed by the president.

some other articles -

https://www.kenya-today.com/news/sou...ositive-people
    http://malawivoice.com/2015/04/28/la...heir-genitals/
    http://www.254lately.com/news/south-...ositive-people

Thoughts?
    That is a GREAT idea.
    Lets go back to branding women with A for adulterer too.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

then why stop with AIDS
    should all people that carry any communicable dieses be marked so to warn others to stay away from?

Ironic, as the slaves in Volantis are tattooed to depict their use and status.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    It's in a place where only those who are about to have sex with you so have the right to know your status, would know. It's not a shaming scarlet letter method.
    You never change clothes or shower in sports halls or in work?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    then why stop with AIDS
    should all people that carry any communicable dieses be marked so to warn others to stay away from?
    Yes, if it's a contagious disease that doesn't have a cure.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    This should be the law everywhere. Got an STD? You should be marked in some way so that we don't have to rely on you letting us know before we plow you.
    Pretty much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    then why stop with AIDS
    Yes, if someone can get hurt by keeping it a secret.

Deleted
    What a terrible law!

The law suggests wrong safety because the tattoo only marks positive tested people and not positive untested people. Thus people might assume that whenever someone isn’t marked he is negative.

It further lessens the law limits, because the involuntary tattooing is an act of grievous bodily harm, and if the state can bend the law like this, it can also result in involuntary HIV-tests, even regularily.

An HIV-infection causes severe social loneliness. Infected people often suffer from the loss of the majority of their friends. When a friend of mine ‘outed’ himself, a lot of our common friends avoided being around him. Even if it was just a tattoo around the genitals the social environment will notice due to chatting and gossiping or seeing the person nude like in public showers.

HIV can cause a severe psychological and personal crisis, thus western countries provide such help on every test (even if negative). Depressions and suicidal thoughts happen a lot and marking someone positive and treat him like an outcast will further increase them.

Other countries might limit access when someone is marked including forceful checks, like they already do: USA asks and limits access to HIV positive people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    What a terrible law!

The law suggests wrong safety because the tattoo only marks positive tested people and not positive untested people. Thus people might assume that whenever someone isn’t marked he is negative.

It further lessens the law limits, because the involuntary tattooing is an act of grievous bodily harm, and if the state can bend the law like this, it can also result in involuntary HIV-tests, even regularily.

An HIV-infection causes severe social loneliness. Infected people often suffer from the loss of the majority of their friends. When a friend of mine ‘outed’ himself, a lot of our common friends avoided being around him. Even if it was just a tattoo around the genitals the social environment will notice due to chatting and gossiping or seeing the person nude like in public showers.

HIV can cause a severe psychological and personal crisis, thus western countries provide such help on every test (even if negative). Depressions and suicidal thoughts happen a lot and marking someone positive and treat him like an outcast will further increase them.

Other countries might limit access when someone is marked including forceful checks, like they already do: USA asks and limits access to HIV positive people.
    Stop pretending that they are saying it's a solution, it's not...it a measure that can help. It doesn't need to stop the spread to be helpfull, it just needs to reduce spread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Stop pretending that they are saying it's a solution, it's not...it a measure that can help. It doesn't need to stop the spread to be helpfull, it just needs to reduce spread.
    It won’t decrease the number of infections but rather increase them: People with a high risk of having HIV won’t test themselves if they get marked and outcast after the test.

-> People who aren’t tested can’t be treated against HIV, thus the number of virus bodies will further increase and they are more easily infecting other people.

-> People who get proper HIV-treatment live almost as long as negative people. I have some patients in the retirement home that are 70+ and positive. People who get proper HIV-treatment will drop below notable virus body amounts and thus they can’t infect other people.

They could just go with armbands. It seemed to work pretty well for segrigating people for the Nazis. Tattoos have a chance to cause infections, then who pays for it? Armbands are a much better way to segregate people.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    They could just go with armbands. It seemed to work pretty well for segrigating people for the Nazis. Tattoos have a chance to cause infections, then who pays for it? Armbands are a much better way to segregate people.
    You can take an armband off.

Also, I think the tattoo should be some sort of luminescent tattoo. You can't see the tattoo in darkness (especially on black skin)!

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You can take an armband off.

Also, I think the tattoo should be some sort of luminescent tattoo. You can't see the tattoo in darkness (especially on black skin)!
    That's right, the nazis are so 1940s, we can do it way better than them!
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    That's right, the nazis are so 1940s, we can do it way better than them!
    Indeed! /10hivtattoos