i now have infinite mana

Hello,

Let's say, just hypothetically, that I'm a Disc priest and I have infinite mana, such that the mana-efficiency of spells in no longer of any concern.

In a situation where everyone is taking consistent, raid-wide damage, meaning all absorbs will be used and no heals will overheal. I'm geared towards mastery as much as possible.

What would be my best spells to cast to do as much HPS as possible? Is PWS spam still the best, or would Flash Heal or PoH be better? if PWS is still, better, what would be the best thing to do if everyone already has Weakened Soul (let's just say there was another Disc priest there who was always casting PWS on everyone first)?

*note that I know you could say 'remove spirit from gear and use more efficient spells', but I want to discount that option here, and look purely at increased throughput through spell-usage.

If you can assume 100% efficiency and remove mana as a concern, you stack crit and spam POH. Those are the primary concerns that keep us from casting it-- it has stringent requirements for being efficient, and it costs an unsustainable amount of mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Genzen Han View Post
    Hello,

Let's say, just hypothetically, that I'm a Disc priest and I have infinite mana, such that the mana-efficiency of spells in no longer of any concern.

In a situation where everyone is taking consistent, raid-wide damage, meaning all absorbs will be used and no heals will overheal. I'm geared towards mastery as much as possible.
    To be fair, this isn't a hypothetical scenario with disc's current playstyle. But yes, in said scenario where you'd have infinite spirit, you'd be spamming PoH non-stop, with Spirit Shell and AA (or get your crit to near-100% and spam it alone).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Well the practical application for me here is that, on some of the fights, some of the time, we end up 'in the shit' and I'll have the mana to burn in order to fix the situation, but I wasn't too sure what to do when I am willing to spend as much mana as is needed to fix things. I usually run a mana-neutral 'rotation' because my group only does 10H and the other two healers are also pretty good - we can easily cover the normal damage taken without much stress, so I have the mana to spare to spam the best HPS spell a few times if/when things start going wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Genzen Han View Post
    Well the practical application for me here is that, on some of the fights, some of the time, we end up 'in the shit' and I'll have the mana to burn in order to fix the situation, but I wasn't too sure what to do when I am willing to spend as much mana as is needed to fix things. I usually run a mana-neutral 'rotation' because my group only does 10H and the other two healers are also pretty good - we can easily cover the normal damage taken without much stress, so I have the mana to spare to spam the best HPS spell a few times if/when things start going wrong.
    If thats the case, then you guys should just 2 heal everything. You can easily do it with 10 people
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Then drop spirit and/or use throughput trinkets.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch