What is the best spec to Solo old raids as a warrior and how do u heal

Like the title says What is the best spec to Solo old raids as a warrior and how do u heal.

Without thinking I made a 90 warrior with my free token and I am trying to figure out ways to solo in old raids. Right now I am trying as a fury warrior but I lack heals.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Get to 100, play fury (prot for valiona/shannox), take second wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Get to 100, play fury (prot for valiona/shannox), take second wind.
    Cool. But what can I do at level 90. My main problem is when I get hit with a huge amount of damage in one go. Like the first boss of Dragon Soul he hits like a truck and I can't heal it up fast enough
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Well, if you could get any gear that has leech on it, you might be in better shape. I didn't realize on some of my other toons how much leech was carrying me until I upgraded the leech pieces.

But I'd really encourage you to focus on getting to 100. Cata raids at 90 are pretty rough, though I've only done them on 25man heroic. 10 man normal may not be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Well, if you could get any gear that has leech on it, you might be in better shape. I didn't realize on some of my other toons how much leech was carrying me until I upgraded the leech pieces.

But I'd really encourage you to focus on getting to 100. Cata raids at 90 are pretty rough, though I've only done them on 25man heroic. 10 man normal may not be that bad.
    I'm trying to do them on 10man heroic at lease DS. I mite do the first boss on normal the rest on heroic and see how well I do. But ya while I do this I am qued up in dungeon finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Cool. But what can I do at level 90. My main problem is when I get hit with a huge amount of damage in one go. Like the first boss of Dragon Soul he hits like a truck and I can't heal it up fast enough
    Well that is your problem right there. Level matters so much more than spec/gear since the scaling is so incredibly cheesy. There really is no point in trying to figure out an optimal way to solo stuff at 90, when you can completely obliterate and faceroll everything at 100 in whatever gear/spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Well that is your problem right there. Level matters so much more than spec/gear since the scaling is so incredibly cheesy. There really is no point in trying to figure out an optimal way to solo stuff at 90, when you can completely obliterate and faceroll everything at 100 in whatever gear/spec.
    True mite just level the guy to 100.

Deleted
    Warrior is probably the best soloing spec right now for any content with the legacy damage buff... Due to how 2nd wind scales with the damage. A wild strike one shots your health to full. You can only really die to major mechanical fuck ups

I guess strictly speaking the best would probably be prot? I use fury

At 100 you don't even need Second Wind. Everything just dies instantly with the legacy buff.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    At 100 you don't even need Second Wind. Everything just dies instantly with the legacy buff.
    Have you tried VoA? Its not THAT easy.

Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldeath View Post
    Have you tried VoA? Its not THAT easy.
    VoA?

DPS up to T13, Prot above that. Maybe DPS for MSV 10man with 680+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    VoA?

DPS up to T13, Prot above that. Maybe DPS for MSV 10man with 680+.
    The only thing I can think of when I see VoA is Vault of Archavon, that one raid in Wintergrasp. Sooo, something else must be called VoA by some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The only thing I can think of when I see VoA is Vault of Archavon, that one raid in Wintergrasp. Sooo, something else must be called VoA by some people.
    Was thinking Mogu'shan vaults and wrote Voa, my mistake.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    This might be a silly question but: What is the legacy buff?

I have only played for 1 month since WoD released and levelled my warrior to 100, screwed around a bit with LFR and normal/ Heroic raids and Garrison. Never bothered farming old content for mounts. Then I unsubbed again.

This also may be a silly Question but a level 100 warrior with second wind can solo old content up to and including Cata? What about MoP? I may have found a reason to resub at least for a little while if this is the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elta View Post
    This might be a silly question but: What is the legacy buff?

I have only played for 1 month since WoD released and levelled my warrior to 100, screwed around a bit with LFR and normal/ Heroic raids and Garrison. Never bothered farming old content for mounts. Then I unsubbed again.

This also may be a silly Question but a level 100 warrior with second wind can solo old content up to and including Cata? What about MoP? I may have found a reason to resub at least for a little while if this is the case.
    Legacy buff is something in pre-MoP raids that makes you do more damage and take less damage, which generally makes Leech type effects OP. Like, 2 million Mortal Strike hits and stuff.

And currently, warriors CAN solo some MoP raid bosses. I'm fairly certain that warriors can down Horridon, Elegon, and, if you have enough Leech on your gear, Ji-kun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

lvl100 in lvl80 content and below does 25x the damage compared to lvl100 mobs, also receives 1/25 of damage, that a lvl80 would.
    lvl100 in lvl85 content does ~16x the damage.... 1/16 etc.... lvl85.
    lvl100 in lvl90 content does the same damage, receives the same damage.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    A decent chunk of MoP is soloable. I've personally soloed:
    All of MSV 10 Normal, first 3 bosses of MSV 10 Heroic, Stone Guard 25 Normal, Blade Lord Ta'yak and Garalon 10 Normal, Protectors of the Endless 10 Normal, Nalak, and Galleon.