Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Remaking Disney Classics as Live-Action

Well, since that live-action Cinderella Movie popped up months ago, I felt a strange tide for live action Disney movies based off already existing Disney movies. This feeling also strengthened when I found out that they planned on making a live-action Jungle Book Movie to come out in 2016, with Idris Elba as Shere Khan and Bill Murray as Baloo. There's also talk of a live-action prequel to Tarzan (though I'm not sure if it'll be made by Disney).

So, what other movies are they going to revamp for live-action? Little Mermaid? Lion King (that could actually be awesome)? Sleeping Beauty?

What do you think about this? And what movie would you want by Disney to be remade in Live-Action?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3040964/

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the idea. They are not very good....

Deleted
    I knew of a 26 year old women who burst into tears during that movie...

Just all of my whats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    They are, however, profitable, Alice in Wonderland made over a billion, Oz and Cinderella both made about 500mil and Maleficent made 750 mil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    They are, however, profitable, Alice in Wonderland made over a billion, Oz and Cinderella both made about 500mil and Maleficent made 750 mil.
    indeed they are profitable, its just a shame that they are pretty bad in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Yeah, I just hope the Jungle Book remake has a lot of awesome realistic CGI animal violence and it may actually get some where...

10+ Year Old Account
    Cinderella was a good movie.
    And they are already doing that.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2771200/

Look at the cast though. That's some grade a cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Cinderella was a good movie.
    And they are already doing that.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2771200/

Look at the cast though. That's some grade a cast.
    Come on, no live-action Lion King...!

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Disney already do a live action movie of the Jungle Book back in 1994?

Also, I'm not a fan of live action remakes/prequels/sequels/whatever of Disney's animated films. Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland I didn't like and I haven't bothered with Cinderella. I actually like the animated version of Cinderella despite its problems (I like Cinderella as a character despite her not being as developed as more modern Disney movies), so I don't see the point in watching the live action one. Plus, one of the charms of Disney was its wonderful animation, and its legacy of being one of the greatest animation studios ever. Their live action movies for the most part always felt cheap to me, since they don't really capture the things I like about Disney.

Besides, live action adaptions of fairy tales usually don't turn out that well, from experience. Not saying it can't be done, but they can be a bit off-putting for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no, and no. No. Bad Disney.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Sleeping Beauty?
    They already did Sleeping Beauty, but it's titled Maleficient and was pretty decent, imo. Haven't seen the Cinderella one. Granted though the Maleficient I guess is like a pre-quel in a way, but not as it goes moreso over on why she was put to sleep which happens towards the end, and history of the villian.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    There already are several live-action Tarzan movies. Been fairly common as a movie hero from like the 1930's and forward. Same with Beauty and the beast, lots of movies -- there was even that tv-show with Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton. Not sure it would really matter or bring anything new to the stories with Disney in charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I just hope the Jungle Book remake has a lot of awesome realistic CGI animal violence and it may actually get some where...
    The likelihood of Disney remaking a children's favourite with realistic animal violence is somewhere close to 0%.

And I'm being generous by saying it's close to 0%.

7+ Year Old Account
    Disney has a lot of talent and experience on their side. Live action will make for interesting additions to existing franchises.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll really like it if they turn out well, and I'll hate it if they don't. I image recreating the feel of the movies will be hard in live-action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I'll really like it if they turn out well, and I'll hate it if they don't. I image recreating the feel of the movies will be hard in live-action.
    It'll be bloody hard to teach an orangutan to sing like Louis Armstrong, they haven't even mastered talking yet.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think about this?
    Easy money for Disney.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    They already did Sleeping Beauty, but it's titled Maleficient and was pretty decent, imo. Haven't seen the Cinderella one. Granted though the Maleficient I guess is like a pre-quel in a way, but not as it goes moreso over on why she was put to sleep which happens towards the end, and history of the villian.
    That movie was terrible, it looked pretty...but that's about it. People are so easily pleased with pretty pixels these days that decent acting and stories don't matter.

Maleficient felt like I was watching a weekly show where half the story was cut out by out of the blue jumps in time that made no sense to jump to non relevant scenes.

- - - Updated - - -

Cuirous after this Cinderella movie, I hated the animated classic. Interested if the movie will be good.

Deleted
    Iam looking forward to Toy Story

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    That movie was terrible, it looked pretty...but that's about it. People are so easily pleased with pretty pixels these days that decent acting and stories don't matter.

Maleficient felt like I was watching a weekly show where half the story was cut out by out of the blue jumps in time that made no sense to jump to non relevant scenes.
    Are... are you really complaining about Maleficient having a bad story while using a Geass sig and avatar?