Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I think Harley looks smokin!
    It's Margot Robbie. Of course she's smokin

Im not liking the costume, kinda looks like generic blonde airheaded scene girl.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post

Will Smith looks bad ass.
    I saw this pic a day or so ago, didn't even realise it was Will Smith.

My main problem with this, besides the terrible Joker, is that it looks like it's one of the lower-budget TV series from SyFy or something. Don't get me wrong, I loved Sanctuary, but oftentimes the effects were... not so good.

Wasn't aware that Miley Cyrus was in the movie.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no hope for this movie. They look terrible. Killer Croc looks like a goomba from the 90's Super Mario live action movie. Will Smith looks like the most non threatening, sad puppy deadshot I could ever imagine. Props to the outfit when his mask is on, but you're still going to hear his voice which will ruin everything. Harley Quinn? Nope. It's like a "Nailed It" sarcasm meme. Everyone else looks like 'Generic Bad Guy #47'. Enchantress, if that's who has the moon on her head, is kinda cool, kinda looks like Calypso from PotC with a moon on her head.

To be fair, first impression of seeing these people together was 'Hey, this looks cool'. And then everything started hitting me and it's not good. I feel like all of these DC movies are this generation's Street Fighters and Uwe Boll movies. Sure budgets have increased, exposure is better, but the end result is still a really wonky, not enjoyable movie.

Prove me wrong DC. Prove me wrong.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Im not liking the costume, kinda looks like generic blonde airheaded scene girl.
    I'm sure the costume would look better off of her *wink wink* but as it is, it looks very similar to some of the pics of Harley posted on page 1. Plus, pics of characters on set never look like the finished product, just wait and see if you don't like the look now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

Quote Originally Posted by Senjumaru Shutara View Post
    I'm sure the costume would look better off of her *wink wink* but as it is, it looks very similar to some of the pics of Harley posted on page 1. Plus, pics of characters on set never look like the finished product, just wait and see if you don't like the look now.
    It seems to me that they are aiming for realism, with punk Joker and whatnot. Harley's costume is... well, not really a costume. It's an exaggeration of the kind of clothes some people wear nowadays.

I'm not against it per se, it's supposed to happen within Snyder's absolute gritty universe. It's just that I don't think they chose the right characters for that kind of realism. I mean, Killer Croc? Captain Boomerang? Katana? Do any of those look like something you could find in a world -shocked- by the existance of an alien god?

That's my problem with it. I wouldn't mind a Batman: The Raid kind of movie with really grounded villains (more like thugs) and costumes. It's these specific characters that don't quite fit in that world.

That said, I have more faith in Suicide Squad than I do in Batman v Superman. It's just a less ambitious project.

Well, at least Harley looks like Harley. We can at least be happy about that.

Katana of the Outsiders is in this? Interesting, I always took her for being a pretty straight laced hero, not really someone who would be Suicide Squad material.

As for Harley, the look is less important than how she acts. If she ACTS and SOUNDS like Harley...then who cares if she doesn't have the B:TAS costume on?

Is it known if this film is linked into the Man of Steel universe?
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo theyre not very well differentiated visually, the exception being Harley Quinn. Since most of these characters are unknowns to the general public, a little more differentiation might have been good, to prevent "generic horde of menacing bad guys syndrome".

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't think anybody can top Heath Ledger as Joker, and honestly based on the photo and all I read, this looks like it is going to be horrible.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    Katana of the Outsiders is in this? Interesting, I always took her for being a pretty straight laced hero, not really someone who would be Suicide Squad material.

As for Harley, the look is less important than how she acts. If she ACTS and SOUNDS like Harley...then who cares if she doesn't have the B:TAS costume on?

Is it known if this film is linked into the Man of Steel universe?
    Yes it will. Pretty sure all DC films from now on will, as AFAIK DC didn't sell off any of their film rights like Marvel did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buljo View Post
    Just realized that Will Smith would be perfect as Barret Wallace from FF7.
    He would need to be much, much beefier for that role. But yeah I agree, he looks just like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    There is no hope for this movie. They look terrible. Killer Croc looks like a goomba from the 90's Super Mario live action movie. Will Smith looks like the most non threatening, sad puppy deadshot I could ever imagine. Props to the outfit when his mask is on, but you're still going to hear his voice which will ruin everything. Harley Quinn? Nope. It's like a "Nailed It" sarcasm meme. Everyone else looks like 'Generic Bad Guy #47'. Enchantress, if that's who has the moon on her head, is kinda cool, kinda looks like Calypso from PotC with a moon on her head.

To be fair, first impression of seeing these people together was 'Hey, this looks cool'. And then everything started hitting me and it's not good. I feel like all of these DC movies are this generation's Street Fighters and Uwe Boll movies. Sure budgets have increased, exposure is better, but the end result is still a really wonky, not enjoyable movie.

Lost my shit right there, the resemblance is uncanny!
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Deleted
    Renamed the thread, might aswell have this thread as the main thread for Suicide Squad.

Harley looks like a generic 'mindless rage against the man'-type airhead, not harley quinn. And Croc looks like the goomba from mario bros movie. The rest of the crew look generic as fuck as well, except deadshot and whoever that chick with the mask is. Dunno why people are impressed with this, they looks like randoms from a low-budged tv series.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Glad I'm not the only one who caught the Goomba resemblance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    There is no hope for this movie. They look terrible. Killer Croc looks like a goomba from the 90's Super Mario live action movie.
    You know, I thought I recognized it, that's it exactly!
    Will Smith looks like the most non threatening, sad puppy deadshot I could ever imagine. Props to the outfit when his mask is on, but you're still going to hear his voice which will ruin everything. Harley Quinn? Nope. It's like a "Nailed It" sarcasm meme. Everyone else looks like 'Generic Bad Guy #47'. Enchantress, if that's who has the moon on her head, is kinda cool, kinda looks like Calypso from PotC with a moon on her head.
    Harley looks like random-lady-off-the-street, which I mean, maybe she is. What does Harley really have that any other random psychopath doesn't?
    I don't know DC, but that is Enchantress and none of the pictures I saw of the comic look like that. And the actress is basically the same normal-white-girl as the comic image, so not sure why this picture makes her look Caribean-ish.

I have no real notions of the DC universe other than watching Flash and Arrow, but I liked Arrow's squad well enough and Deadshot was great, will a big budget, Will Smith Deadshot end up worse? Who knows, we'll see I guess.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Too everyone bashing on Harley Quinn.....you're wrong. Margot robbie in short shorts is good enough for me.

For those asking who Harley Quinn is, she was created by the joker when he turned Dr. Harleen Frances Quinzell a Arkham Asylum psychiatrist mad and made her obsessed with the joker.

Shes a fun character because she mixes chaos and quite a tragic story with light hearted humor.

I agree with all the hate on Will Smiths deadshot. I think Will Smiths face is too friendly bordering on goofy for the role

Badman VS Superman then Suicide Squad then Justice league, will be exciting

Deleted

She wrote "Puddin". Harleys death confirmed.